MPQ Seasonal Quests - 2024 Mind: Deadpool & Wolverine

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor
edited 30 July 2024, 23:03 in MPQ General Discussion

Had to show Devpool how to compile all this info so it's a little late, but here are the weekly and seasonal quests current live with our current Mind Season!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

That Devpool....

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 30 July 2024, 20:36

Is there a problem programming weekly quest. Why is it the same thing

Stun 45. Stun 50 .. win 45 win 5o
    Or was Deadpool too lazy to make new ones

Shuts mouth before match 200 of strongest color happens

Was excited when pulled 4 star accended Deadpool on 5th pull to find out already have one at 292 and one at 270 (now have 2 at 270)

Really though I would rather have x amount of covers instead of a accended cause I will never use this accended 4 until 2100 or later

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 359 Mover and Shaker
    edited 30 July 2024, 20:40

@S0kun shouldn't that say August 2024 even though it started in the final week of July?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 30 July 2024, 20:59

@SaltnPeppa said:
    @S0kun shouldn't that say August 2024 even though it started in the final week of July?

Technically I think they should stop using months as a defining trait of the seasons.

Next one starts 8/22

The one after, 9/19

Then, 10/17

Then, 11/14

Then, 12/12

Disclaimer: they may or may not push the start of the one after next to line up better with Anniversary.

But there are 13 seasons in a 52 week year. So they will not line up with months perfectly and eventually you could have two starting inside the same calendar month.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor

I'll just put the dates and remove the months to avoid the confusion.

• slidecage

Mostly gave up on daily missions. Make xxx of strongest color

Takes too freaking long

• DAZ0273

@slidecage said:

Takes too freaking long

That seems a strange one to complain about as would you not be doing this anyway to fire powers?

I agree that the have 80 web tiles whilst doing a backflip at the Olympics with Talos on your team are a bit annoying but seriously you can't complain about doing what you would be doing anyway.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 August 2024, 21:31

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:

Takes too freaking long

That seems a strange one to complain about as would you not be doing this anyway to fire powers?

I agree that the have 80 web tiles whilst doing a backflip at the Olympics with Talos on your team are a bit annoying but seriously you can't complain about doing what you would be doing anyway.

Making 50 matches in your strongest color requires roughly 50x7=350 matches (assuming equally likely to match any given color in a turn). TU are a bit less frequent drops so maybe roughly 300 matches. That's a lot of battles if your average battle takes only 3-4 matches (easy PvE nodes are turn 0 or turn 1 wins for example) which isn't uncommon if all you play is PvE. Not everyone is going to play 75+ battles in a day.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:

Takes too freaking long

Making 50 matches in your strongest color requires roughly 507=350 matches (assuming equally likely to match any given color in a turn). TU are a bit less frequent drops so maybe roughly 300 matches. That's a *lot of battles if your average battle takes only 3-4 matches (easy PvE nodes are turn 0 or turn 1 wins for example) which isn't uncommon if all you play is PvE. Not everyone is going to play 75+ battles in a day.

KGB

Bring Sersi or SW to a long fight, or pick someone (like 5* Deadpool!) whose strongest color is black and bring Domino.

• DAZ0273

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:

Takes too freaking long

Making 50 matches in your strongest color requires roughly 507=350 matches (assuming equally likely to match any given color in a turn). TU are a bit less frequent drops so maybe roughly 300 matches. That's a *lot of battles if your average battle takes only 3-4 matches (easy PvE nodes are turn 0 or turn 1 wins for example) which isn't uncommon if all you play is PvE. Not everyone is going to play 75+ battles in a day.

KGB

But you will be doing this anyway, no? It is like saying " You have to breathe 500 breaths in X amount of time". I guess I am missing something.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,155 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:

Takes too freaking long

KGB

But you will be doing this anyway, no? It is like saying " You have to breathe 500 breaths in X amount of time". I guess I am missing something.

You are missing the part about X amount of time. Yes, we are taking 500 breaths but those 500 might be over the course of 2-3 days but the quest is saying take 500 in 1 day so we have to hyperventilate to complete it.

The make X amount of matches in my strongest color always requires me to play a bunch of extra fights unless it happens to fall on a day I'm doing some heavy PvP lifting. It's one of the reasons I was looking to use dual or triple max champed 3s or 4s in DDQ so that I'd have 2 or 3 strongest colors so it would make the quest finish that much easier.

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 August 2024, 21:51

I feel like it’s important to note that there is a bundle of tokens up for sale over the entire time that the vault is open (usually a second or third one appears as well).

Players always have the option of spending on them to get tokens they missed because of schedule conflicts or just disinterest in the quests.

It’s a free game and you can get all the vault items for free by playing enough. It shouldn’t surprise us that some tokens might be gated behind certain characters or tasks that take more effort.

Anyway there’s always the option of not completing the 50 strongest quest and taking a gamble on the order you pull things in, and hoping you leave some iso or whatever inside at the end.

• DAZ0273

I guess I just go along and do what I can, I missed the 80 web tiles one. Eh, it is all just gravy in the end rather than being all/end all stuff, I don't feel the need for any extra easy handouts, you get it then nice but if not then no big deal.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 August 2024, 13:00

For me it's the consistency. The "60 of Blue" etc are season quests and can be hit by any character quite obviously in any match. [Edit: Amended above to 60. The 50 matches of any color are weekly quests]. The "50 in strongest" has to be hit in 24 hours and it changes depending on which team I put out. Daily Quests with a fixed colour are "make 20 matches".

On DDQ nodes, it isn't always clear which is the strongest colour, so it's a complete guess. For others, I need to check which is the strongest every time I change my team. It also needs to be completed in conjunction with another quest (e.g. stun X amount) so I'm focusing on stun characters and their strongest colour and sometimes those aren't compatible.

But I agree it's a quest and they don't all have to be easy. But one being approximately 3x more difficult to complete is an obvious outlier.

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,326 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly, I am having fun with the quests as I try to find creative ways to accomplish as much as I can in DDQ. That often leads to team combinations and characters I never use.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 August 2024, 18:53

I don't do them in DDQ. I replay story nodes and just retreat before I win and reset the counter. Goon nodes are great for this, since they don't do anything. And since I don't want to win, I just bring the characters that can help me.

Need black? Domino and Cloak & Dagger.
    Need red? Phoenix and MODOK.
    Need green? Cho-Hulk and Coulson.
    Need purple? 3* Switch and Coulson.
    Need yellow? 5* May and Elsa.
    Need blue? 4* Iceman and I forget
    Need team-ups? Okoye and 2* Carol.

Helpful Wildcards/Meat Shields: Sersi, 5Switch, 5Storm

As far as the strongest color quests go... I pick a max-champ in the tier I want to use and team them with lower level characters who can help me. That way I always know my strongest color.

• slidecage

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:

Takes too freaking long

KGB

Bring Sersi or SW to a long fight, or pick someone (like 5* Deadpool!) whose strongest color is black and bring Domino.

Thank you for this info next time I use them. I mostly use aunt may and Emma and can one kill everything without making matches

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler

I also agree the do X number with the strongest member of that color is a PITA does feel like it takes forever .

• slidecage

Final token i had finally got the 2nd accended on the 68th pull

Sept
    Kane parker (shocked in a way) ' only 1 at level 3 rank 208
    magneto accended to 4 star at 284

only 1 outfit

5 stars
    killmonger
    apo
    chasm

WOW entire season SUCKS lol

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@slidecage said:
    Final token i had finally got the 2nd accended on the 68th pull

Sept
    Kane parker (shocked in a way) ' only 1 at level 3 rank 208
    magneto accended to 4 star at 284

only 1 outfit

5 stars
    killmonger
    apo
    chasm

WOW entire season SUCKS lol

3 great 5s and you missed 5* Arcade, he's not great but will be another champ reward. And for only one costume they did replace it with another 4* cover so not bad.