PMA Ajani: interactions between its own elements

PMA Ajani has 3 things going on for him:
1. Creating Ajani's Soldier creature tokens with Assemble (when HP is full);
2. Creating Ajani's Leadership support tokens (granting either Lifelink, Double Strike, or Prevent Damage to a random creature under your control upon destruction);
3. Creating Enlist gems, that would gain life for the matcher, but also trigger Assemble ability when matched.

The problem I've been encountering for a long time is that if I target an opposing creature after matching an Enlisted gem and the Ajani's Soldier token stack has additional Evergreens like Double Strike from Ajani's A2, it wears off before the attack.
It did cost me my tokens before because I expected the tokens to have Double Strike/Prevent Damage and survive the encounter.

Tagged:

Comments

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    edited 3 July 2024, 21:10

Aren't you just describing what assemble says that it does? Well at least for double strike anyway. If prevent damage is getting removed that would be a bug but double strike is listed as being lost until end of turn.

Assemble

When you match a non-basic white gem by swapping for the first time during your turn, you may choose any opposing target. During that turn's combat phase, your creatures with Assemble will attack that target only.

When you choose a target other than your opponent's Planeswalker, this creature loses Trample, First Strike and Double Strike until end.

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@Xibvert you have a point there, I never remembered that Assemble strips your creature from any Evergreens if you attack an opposing creature instead of the PW.
    However Prevent Damage was lost as well, for sure.