Taco Vault Target

Options
Scofie
Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,248 Chairperson of the Boards

I recently got 300 sweet taco tokens and started to pull them until I got the LT on my 45th pull. I was pleased.

But it occurred to me that the economy has changed and that LT seems less valuable than the 1000HP now, given the various vaults and HP offers.

Has conventional wisdom changed and you should stop when the HP is emptied? Or is the LT still the target for all your 🌮 tokens?

«1

Comments

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I always thought the 1000HP was the main prize - the only other place you can get that in one hit without buying is max champing a 4*I think?

  • bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    I’ve never been really patient enough to wait till having 300 tokens to pull them. I essentially just use them to try and restock my HP reserves anytime I may need to. The token is nice, but with the various amounts of ways to obtain tokens and CP now, I would think the HP is the more valuable resource in there now, considering there is 4000 total HP in there too.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    I don't save them, never have, pull the 3 daily.

    On the "savory" vault ... I don't pull if the 4* cover is uninspiring. If the 4* cover is desirable, I pull, whether I have only that day's 4 tacos, or more than 40. If the cover pops out, great, if not, no big deal. The flow of regular daily boosts, heals, etc, is the point of these vaults.

    (For me).

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @DAZ0273 said:
    I always thought the 1000HP was the main prize - the only other place you can get that in one hit without buying is max champing a 4*I think?

    There are larger HP amounts in the laterr 5* champ rewards. 2,500s and a 5,000.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @JoeHandle said:

    @DAZ0273 said:
    I always thought the 1000HP was the main prize - the only other place you can get that in one hit without buying is max champing a 4*I think?

    There are larger HP amounts in the laterr 5* champ rewards. 2,500s and a 5,000.

    OK that makes sense.

  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I used to save them until there was a limited 4* in the vault, now I just save until there is a (newer) 4* I want... or if I need some HP
    The 1000HP is the best price in the vault though.

  • ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

    I personally stockpile the 300 tokens and then pull until I get all 6 “4-star” rewards (the LL token, the 3 4-star covers, and the big HP and iso rewards). I may hold off a week or so if the 4-stars that week doesn’t look useful.

  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,537 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @JoeHandle said:
    I don't save them, never have, pull the 3 daily.

    On the "savory" vault ... I don't pull if the 4* cover is uninspiring. If the 4* cover is desirable, I pull, whether I have only that day's 4 tacos, or more than 40. If the cover pops out, great, if not, no big deal. The flow of regular daily boosts, heals, etc, is the point of these vaults.

    (For me).

    LOL. I'm the opposite. I never pull tacos unless I need Health Packs. I've made it up to 600 in the past, but I seem fairly stable lately at around 300. Every so often I'll just pull a handful for the fun of it, so long as I'm noticeably above 100 I'm sure I'll be fine.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @GrimSkald said:

    @JoeHandle said:
    I don't save them, never have, pull the 3 daily.

    On the "savory" vault ... I don't pull if the 4* cover is uninspiring. If the 4* cover is desirable, I pull, whether I have only that day's 4 tacos, or more than 40. If the cover pops out, great, if not, no big deal. The flow of regular daily boosts, heals, etc, is the point of these vaults.

    (For me).

    LOL. I'm the opposite. I never pull tacos unless I need Health Packs. I've made it up to 600 in the past, but I seem fairly stable lately at around 300. Every so often I'll just pull a handful for the fun of it, so long as I'm noticeably above 100 I'm sure I'll be fine.

    Argh ... I loathe that vault animation. I can take a few at a time, but the thought of ever hitting it 100s of times ... no. It's tiring enough getting to 20 or 30 :D

  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,316 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @JoeHandle said:

    @GrimSkald said:

    @JoeHandle said:
    I don't save them, never have, pull the 3 daily.

    On the "savory" vault ... I don't pull if the 4* cover is uninspiring. If the 4* cover is desirable, I pull, whether I have only that day's 4 tacos, or more than 40. If the cover pops out, great, if not, no big deal. The flow of regular daily boosts, heals, etc, is the point of these vaults.

    (For me).

    LOL. I'm the opposite. I never pull tacos unless I need Health Packs. I've made it up to 600 in the past, but I seem fairly stable lately at around 300. Every so often I'll just pull a handful for the fun of it, so long as I'm noticeably above 100 I'm sure I'll be fine.

    Argh ... I loathe that vault animation. I can take a few at a time, but the thought of ever hitting it 100s of times ... no. It's tiring enough getting to 20 or 30 :D

    I have discovered that, very counter-intuitively, tapping far away from the vault's centre (which, misleadingly looks like a button), interrupts the animation much faster than if you press the center. In fact, if you position your finger properly, you can make it so you can just bash on the area where the "open token" button will reappear after the animation is done to just keep going.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I use tacos for health packs, if I need them in PvP. Everything else shakes out in the end.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @Pylgrim said:

    @JoeHandle said:

    @GrimSkald said:

    @JoeHandle said:
    I don't save them, never have, pull the 3 daily.

    On the "savory" vault ... I don't pull if the 4* cover is uninspiring. If the 4* cover is desirable, I pull, whether I have only that day's 4 tacos, or more than 40. If the cover pops out, great, if not, no big deal. The flow of regular daily boosts, heals, etc, is the point of these vaults.

    (For me).

    LOL. I'm the opposite. I never pull tacos unless I need Health Packs. I've made it up to 600 in the past, but I seem fairly stable lately at around 300. Every so often I'll just pull a handful for the fun of it, so long as I'm noticeably above 100 I'm sure I'll be fine.

    Argh ... I loathe that vault animation. I can take a few at a time, but the thought of ever hitting it 100s of times ... no. It's tiring enough getting to 20 or 30 :D

    I have discovered that, very counter-intuitively, tapping far away from the vault's centre (which, misleadingly looks like a button), interrupts the animation much faster than if you press the center. In fact, if you position your finger properly, you can make it so you can just bash on the area where the "open token" button will reappear after the animation is done to just keep going.

    Hopefully a good to for others .... but I play this mess on Steam 🤪

  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 382 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    I save up 300+ and then pull once I get the 1000HP and at least a good chunk of the remaining 3000HP (broken up). If I don't need the HP Immediately, I'll also wait until I hit one or more of the 4* covers I need in the vault.

  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options

    I go until I hit 300 pulls and then empty the vault completely over a couple of days. With ascension now in full swing, I will gladly take all the extra levels for 2* and 3* that I can get. I still have need for the ISO as well, so I will gladly clear it every 3 or months.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @StillMonsoon3 said:
    I go until I hit 300 pulls and then empty the vault completely over a couple of days. With ascension now in full swing, I will gladly take all the extra levels for 2* and 3* that I can get. I still have need for the ISO as well, so I will gladly clear it every 3 or months.

    Is this very different than pulling as you go? Doesn't feel like it.

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options

    @ProfShoehorn said:
    I personally stockpile the 300 tokens and then pull until I get all 6 “4-star” rewards (the LL token, the 3 4-star covers, and the big HP and iso rewards). I may hold off a week or so if the 4-stars that week doesn’t look useful.

    This exactly. Maaaybe pull above 250 if I really like the 4*s.

  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 816 Critical Contributor
    edited 25 June 2024, 01:01
    Options

    My highest saved total was 1600+ and I currently have 954 after recently clearing the entire vault a few times the week 3* Iron Man was in(current fav) as well as half the required lighting round 3*. Important to me because they're my first targets to fav for ascension fast tracking. Now back to saving em until the next time my favorite 3* arrives.

    Spicy tacos I'm sitting on 696. I have had many different self imposed criterias to pull from the vault. It was dependent on where I was currently in the roster building process. My current criteria is any 4* between lvl 330 and 340, no feeder immediate pull. Feeder, depends but almost always pull.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I open every single token of every single type immediately. Sometimes I'll take breaks from PvP climbs or PvE clears to open tokens.

    Opening tokens is fun, and I enjoy fun.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @entrailbucket said:
    I open every single token of every single type immediately. Sometimes I'll take breaks from PvP climbs or PvE clears to open tokens.

    Opening tokens is fun, and I enjoy fun.

    Even the spicy tokens? Those are the only ones I hoard and pull when I want the 4* or need some health packs. I feel like you're guaranteed to get riso everyday if you don't hoard lol.

  • ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

    @Borstock said:

    @StillMonsoon3 said:
    I go until I hit 300 pulls and then empty the vault completely over a couple of days. With ascension now in full swing, I will gladly take all the extra levels for 2* and 3* that I can get. I still have need for the ISO as well, so I will gladly clear it every 3 or months.

    Is this very different than pulling as you go? Doesn't feel like it.

    There is a slight difference, mostly having to do with probabilities. When you pull as you go, you have a 7.9% chance of getting a particular reward by the end of the week. So, if one cares for a particular reward, one is unlikely to get it; statistically, one would get that reward once by the time one would have collected 300 tokens, but, since each week’s odds are independent of each other, one could have unlucky runs. By hoarding and pulling all 300 over the week, you are guaranteed to get each reward for that week.