A different scoring idea for PVE

As many others have stated in various threads, MPQ is turning into a second job for a lot of us if we want to stay competitive. For PVE, I blame this on the way points are accumulated and the need to play at specific times to optimize your play. There are also others that are effected by their time zones and are unable to play at the end of an event which is generally required to score well. The following are my ideas on how to score a PVE differently to remove this 'time based' play style. I think this would improve the experience and make it more strategic while playing rather than trying to find the optimal time to play.

1. Set a fixed number of 'tokens' on each node for the entire event. No refresh!

2. Have bonus multipliers based on:
- number of moves to complete each game
- number of moves to complete an entire node's worth of games
- number of moves to complete the entire event
- damage taken per game (does not include heals - more damage equals less multiplier. i.e. if you took 2000 dmg and healed it all, you still use 2000 dmg for calculating multiplier)
- damage taken per entire node's worth of games
- damage taken for the entire event
- character multiplier i.e. if you use weaker characters get a better multiplier (this one is tricky as you would have to sort out a value for each character/level)
- special move multiplier i.e. less special moves gives better multiplier

To get maximum multiplier means least moves possible, least damage to yourself possible, weakest character possible, and least number of special moves. i.e. if you beat the level using three 1* with no special moves with a lucky one move 'cascade from heaven' you get a ton of points.

Example setup:

7 nodes, each with 5 tokens on it for a total of 35 playable games. The base values for each token could be 100/80/60/40/20 (whatever, maybe even the same value for each one to make doing well on the first one less 'scary/exciting' - then again maybe that would be good!)

In this way, you could play those 35 games at your own pace, whenever you feel like it! As long as you get them all done before the event is over. You could sit down and play them all in the first hour, in the last hour, or any combination therein. The trick comes in playing each and every game well. Do you risk using lower level chars to increase your multiplier? Do you use your best team to finish each game with least damage and fewest moves? Now you have to think and likely play each game much slower.

Today, it feels like I have to grind through each game as fast as possible and rarely really examine the board to make sure I maximize my effort. I would prefer more of a puzzle game rather than a stamina tester icon_e_smile.gif

Just my $0.05 - sorry, they discontinued the penny in Canada icon_razz.gif