FPS dropping [Investigating]

Noctis
Noctis Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
edited 10 June 2024, 22:56 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues

Not sure what went wrong, but the FPS dropped to less than 10 on my both device (Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Samsung A52) and the temperature went to like over 45 degree with GPU stucked at 99% even without cascade. Tried to reinstall the MTGPQ yet the issue not fixed. The device was smooth if I turn off the MTGPQ or playing other games, so I'm pretty sure that my device is working properly.

Tagged:

Comments

• Beclas
    Beclas Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

I have practically the same issue with Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. FPS drops and the device starts to get really hot. This doesn't happen with every match, but it will happen really often. No other games have any problems, while MtGPQ has had this issue for a couple of weeks, maybe even since the Thunder Junction update?

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 535 Critical Contributor

I've noticed significant juddering in the app, perhaps, every few days? since the latest release

It usually starts halfway through a game, and makes it very difficult to play

So far I've not had an app crash as a result of it

In fact, the MTGPQ app is causing my whole tablet (Honor Pad 8) to go juddery

Putting it into the background lets me see that this juddering is happening in every app and the OS

(of course, I'd never put the app into the background during a game, its too unstable for that! But when I finish a game and get back to the menu system, the apps still juddering, and I'll put it into the background then)

quitting the app completely means the juddering stops almost instantly

Normally I reset my tablet after this happens to be on the safe side

Today, I thought I'd see what happens if I just boot up the app again without a reset

The app starts normally, but within 2 or 3 games its juddering again

I did this a couple of times.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,396 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey, folks!
    These reports are being investigating so please keep them coming! It helps us a lot.
    Things that are important for us:

• what device and OS you are using
    • when the problems started
    • if some specific situation triggers it or not
    • how it affects your device (some reported it slows down the whole device, some reported it gets hot etc)

If you have any extra info you find relevant, please share with us.
    Thank you so much for your help! We really appreciate you all helping take care of you and the game. <3

Lu

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

I own a samsung s24 ultra and run into this issue every day when opening a booster like the free booster.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

This issue seems to be gone with yesterdays update.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 535 Critical Contributor

@naabaldan said:
    This issue seems to be gone with yesterdays update.

I still have it