Poll: Who is the Best Blue Character?

Options
Color poll #2: Blue
The first green poll seemed to go fairly well (see below) so I am going to keep going, hopefully now with clearer instructions.

If you could pick characters for colors individually who would you choose for blue?

- Your chosen character would be your only blue ability for the battle
- This character would also control the tile damage for this color
- In this hypothetical you would have characters for the other colors, so if a support ability is what you consider the best for this color don't feel like it would go to waste

For this question I limited the field to only 3* characters. You can vote for up to three characters for a broader view of opinions and feel free to give your full rankings below.

Link to the other color polls:
- Red http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10231
- Yellow http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9989
- Black http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9876
- Green http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8953
- Purple http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9561
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Original Black Widow for her heal and increase countdown.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Once Cmags is funbalanced anyway
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clearly someone has a sense of humor who voted Spiderman.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:

I agree that OBW would do no worse than third on this list if included.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Clearly someone has a sense of humor who voted Spiderman.

Could have been worse. Daredevil is on the list...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think I would have put Storm before Daredevil or Black Panther.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are a lot of Hulk Management methods on this list.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious how CMags Blue is being higher than everything. Are people actually voting on it due to it's own merits or the fact that its CMags who has two other really good skills? Can someone please put this into perspective for me cause I feel there are other options like SR's Peacemaker that I'd take over it.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious how CMags Blue is being higher than everything. Are people actually voting on it due to it's own merits or the fact that its CMags who has two other really good skills? Can someone please put this into perspective for me cause I feel there are other options like SR's Peacemaker that I'd take over it.
    I tend to agree with you, although it's funny cause as I opened the thread I said to myself "if it's anything other than cmags I'll be shocked". Actually looking at the list though, I could easily see someone taking Peacemaker (probably my vote for best) or even Chemical Reaction or Dormammu's Aid, which are both pretty devastating in their own right. Disclaimer: I only recently got a remotely usable cmags, so I don't have a lot of experience using his blue. Maybe I'm just bad at it.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    I tend to agree with you, although it's funny cause as I opened the thread I said to myself "if it's anything other than cmags I'll be shocked". Actually looking at the list though, I could easily see someone taking Peacemaker (probably my vote for best) or even Chemical Reaction or Dormammu's Aid, which are both pretty devastating in their own right. Disclaimer: I only recently got a remotely usable cmags, so I don't have a lot of experience using his blue. Maybe I'm just bad at it.
    Yeah, its just something that's confusing considering that the most you can get out of Mags is 118 Defense for 5AP at max. I personally like Dormamu's Aid because it can shut down high AP skills which can be great when facing Lazy Thor's. I'd rather have an Active Blue to pair with it if I were to have an ideal team. Chemical Reaction and Peacemaker would actually be the two most ideal skills for me though lol.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Magneto blue is the single strongest skill in this game. It's better than anything Thor/Sentry/Daken by a wide margin.

Pst. No one uses it for protect tiles besides the AI Mags. Everyone uses it for infinite or close to infinite turns.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Magneto blue is the single strongest skill in this game. It's better than anything Thor/Sentry/Daken by a wide margin.

Pst. No one uses it for protect tiles besides the AI Mags. Everyone uses it for infinite or close to infinite turns.
    Yeah I get that part. It just seems like with only being able to place 2 tiles you have to have a pretty favorable board to go infinite. I'm assuming you place them, match 5, cascade, place more tiles, cascade, etc.? Just seems like you have to get lucky.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree it doesn't sound so overpowered good on paper. But once you've used it - it can't be beaten (on offense). Unless you run out of blue completely.

The general idea is that after 2 blue matches, you get at least a free match 4 or 5. If you save up a few more blue before using it, or wait until there are more blue tiles back on the board (eg while you collected green or yellow for strike tiles), it becomes very easy to get many, many matches in a row before the enemy gets a turn.

Key points:
    every extra turn you get also uses any strike tiles in place. massive damage with patch, whilst also allowing for erasure of enemy strike tiles often.
    you have the ability to generate crit tiles easily (this includes then matching an environment crit on desert or forest)
    match 4s will clear rows and generate AP of other colours, allowing use of other skills more easily too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    locked wrote:

Yeah I get that part. It just seems like with only being able to place 2 tiles you have to have a pretty favorable board to go infinite. I'm assuming you place them, match 5, cascade, place more tiles, cascade, etc.? Just seems like you have to get lucky.

To an extent, you do, but cMags' two other skills play directly into the blue control (hence also rendering this poll somewhat useless, since they're all on the same character).

Ironically, cMags' greatest weakness is his animation speed.

When the nerf comes, cMags will be hurting badly. His skills rights now are the best synergized of any character in the game (yes, more than the lazies or Sunguy). He could suffer through a few extra AP cost on them and still be a viable character, but if D3 continues along with their 5AP minimum policy of destruction, cMags is finished.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This would be much more interesting if you didn't include CMags. Everyone knows his blue is OP. They say Spidey's stun was misused, and yet you have CMags blue that is meant to be defensive an OP offensive joke.
  • Unknown
    Options
    CMags blue active is possibly the most fun active skill in the game.

The Hood's passive blue is top 3 if not the best single support skill in the game.

I like The Hood better than CMags, so I go with The Hood.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can vote for up to 3... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    You can vote for up to 3... icon_mrgreen.gif

But you cannot vote for Mags 3 times though! I have even left him at lvl 82 so OBW still does the blue matches meaning that you also steal of blue for each match from the other team if they have any. Hence you can get in a couple more turns before running out of blue matches. Throw in some strike tiles and every match is in the thousands.

I have abused Mags blue way more than per nerfed spiderman.
  • Unknown
    Options
    OBW blue probably has to be third (left off the list for whatever reason - 2*?)

CMags blue has to be first, especially with spiderman being completely gutted and left out on the trash heap - It allows you to have many turns in a row (defenitely not endless turns as some people suggest when you're playing against enemies above 200-300 range though I wish it were so)

Hood has to be up there if you ever tried doing those goon-feeding level 200-400 ares nodes without hood or buffs, you'll understand why very quickly

It's sad but Cmags wouldn't be worth using if they even just make his blue shields useable on normal color tiles. Such a fine line between great and garbage
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone who didn't pick Magnetic Field and/or Dormammu's has no idea. A lot of these colour polls come down to personal preference, but those are arguably the two most broken abilities currently in the game.