slidecage Posts: 3,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punter1 said:

@BriMan2222 said:
    5 star may - symbiote goo support
    P5 Emma - Krakoa
    Mr. Sinister - proxima midnight
    Red ap boosts

Krakoa gives ap in the teams strongest color (red as long as your sinister isn't too high level) for each affiliation that mutants have but don't share. Emma and sinister are both mutants and don't share affiliations besides mutant. Proxima midnight has a chance to start with extra red ap. Symbiote goo adds an extra 30% damage in whichever ability you fire that has the most ap in that color. Mays red aoe does extra damage the more red you have when you fire it and emma boosts damage for having red ap built up.

Thanks - have saved to try. Just champed 5* May with the boss rewards. I find supports such a web of confusion to find decent synergies, too much going on, so appreciate the insight from those who have spent the time.

Didn't mind 3* May with Omega Red + 1 other usually with the Power Stone. Last event with Phyla was clearing most nodes in a couple of turns.

Didn't realize that Slide was in SL8, always figure all forum folks are SL10.

I played sl10 for years till I got burned out went down sl5 just to steal their rewards when took top 10 lol .

I just went back to sl10 since the may Emma thing

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 775 Critical Contributor
    Options

Did they set the points high for this one??

Our alliance just finished with 2 days to spare, we normally finish on the final day

I shall enjoy a nice weekend now :)

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Carnage/Prowler/Rhino is a cool team in the heroic event. Put Carnage in the middle. Prowler will fortify Carnage's enemy attack tiles and steal them if you match them. Rhino has damage resistance plus a big match damage bonus, and every time you match an enemy SAP, he jumps in front and does an extra hit.

I'm glad to see someone else landed on this... I wanted to run something synergistic and goofy and they entirely fit the bill. I did eventually switch for expediency but it was fun to play around a bit before that.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,109 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Carnage/Prowler/Rhino is a cool team in the heroic event. Put Carnage in the middle. Prowler will fortify Carnage's enemy attack tiles and steal them if you match them. Rhino has damage resistance plus a big match damage bonus, and every time you match an enemy SAP, he jumps in front and does an extra hit.

I'm glad to see someone else landed on this... I wanted to run something synergistic and goofy and they entirely fit the bill. I did eventually switch for expediency but it was fun to play around a bit before that.

I saw Rhino was eligible and wanted to give him a shot. I'm not sure if he's good but I think there's something there. Anybody with a match damage boost is worth something in ascension-world.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@entrailbucket said:

I've been using Carnage/Prowler/Kraven, with Prowler's enemy tiles, plus Carnage 3 on turn 2, Kraven immediately is reducing the SAP tiles strength and doing damage.

Yep...that's the team I settled on. After the Carnage/Kraven/Sabertooth node in the recent event, I remembered just how much I hate that team. Carnage and Kraven both fit the bill for this event, and I went with Prowler as the third so I could at least steal some of those tiles back.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Did they set the points high for this one??

Our alliance just finished with 2 days to spare, we normally finish on the final day

I shall enjoy a nice weekend now :)

Yea not sure if it was intentional or accidental, but round 8 boss is usually worth around 45,000 points from what I recall.

• OGAlphateam
    OGAlphateam Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

How the heck do you defeat Spider Man India? He makes to many damn web tiles you can’t damage him, then he one shots you.

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

@OGAlphateam said:
    How the heck do you defeat Spider Man India? He makes to many damn web tiles you can’t damage him, then he one shots you.

Electro 5* Black, Ronan, just gotta be fast, 3 or 4 turns

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options

This event sucked. The rewards were a choice between maybe the worst three supports in the game. Already have all three but never bothered to level them up because they’re garbage. You get a few support tokens, but those are almost never anything useful. Support tokens are the worst effort to reward ration in the entire game.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well I liked it. Was nice to be the villains for a change and the Heroic version was not too easy because there were no meta characters.

On the downside, I hit personal progression on both events within 24 hours. Our relatively non-competitive alliance finished just after the 24 hour mark though and we rattled through the early levels so quickly I couldn't get all the CP on offer. But that feels a bit like a non-problem when you're getting two 5* covers. 😆

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am happy for this to join the regular rotation. Both SM: India and Miles posed problems as bosses and I like that even round 8 has winnable side nodes for lower rosters.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My alliance also finished which was great because we rarely finish round 7 these days.

Not sure who was having trouble with India/Miles. Even in round 8 on Heroic they were dead in 3-4 moves if you had Carnage/Prowler/Kraven.

KGB

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Overall I enjoyed the new boss event. Went fast and easy, I didn't have any trouble even late on the event but maybe that's because I was using ascended prowler. Once you fire his black even match 3's were doing like 30k and spiderman india couldn't dodge so much incoming damage.

The only down side to the event was the rewards. I already had the goblin costume and all of the supports at 4 star. I did unlock a 4 star leapfrog from one of the support tokens though.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    This event sucked. The rewards were a choice between maybe the worst three supports in the game. Already have all three but never bothered to level them up because they’re garbage. You get a few support tokens, but those are almost never anything useful. Support tokens are the worst effort to reward ration in the entire game.

every boss battle i can remember for last year at least i could said the same. i got almost all the supports rank 3 so that really never work

only supports i dont have at least 3
    root
    maw
    arror
    skull

and dont have
    heli
    cart
    copter
    and the stones

• carol63
    carol63 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Thanks for this! I had a lot of fun with this team, and I wouldn't have thought to try it if I hadn't read your suggestion.