Locomotive Looters: Bad Guys [Fixed]

Asylamb
Asylamb Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
edited 10 June 2024, 22:59 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues

My strategy for the event was to use Lord Windgrace as a PW, create Green Cat tokens with his abilities, make them Pirates with LCI Vraska Vanguard (+2), expecting the new Cats (from the Panther Den supports) to be counted as Pirates (which is one of the Outlaw subtypes).

However, even tho the token stack had Pirate subtype, the game didn't count any new Cat Pirates towards the objective.

Tagged:

Comments

• Asylamb

The event support's Level 50 ability (destroy all Non-Outlaw creatures) also affects Green Cat tokens despite them having a Pirate creature subtype.
    Just to compare, I also put Corpses of the Lost in the deck, and I have no problems with the Pirate Rogue tokens created by that support.
    Could it be that Pirate subtype isn't counted correctly by the event? And the reason Corpses of the Lost works is because those tokens are also Rogues?

• JTK421
    JTK421 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

I can’t speak to the cats, but pirate is tagged as an outlaw. I ran Malcolm, Alluring Scoundrel which is just a pirate and he triggered the level gain and did survive when the support blew things up

• Asylamb

Then I guess it's just vVraska not working properly.

• Asylamb

I see that the interaction is fixed in the 6.6.1 version. Thanks, @Magic:PQ Support Team .

• Asylamb

I might have spoken too soon.
    Cat Pirates by the common effort of Lord Windgrace and LCI Vraska (Vanguard) are no longer destroyed by the event support, but the Cats still don't count as "Bad Guys".
    For example, I started the turn with 2 Panther Dens (from a previous use of A2) and vVraska on the board. Cats didn't have the Pirate subtype yet. The Dens created 2 new Cat tokens (which obviously didn't count as Outlaws), then I used Vraska's A1 making Cats into Pirates, then "Machine Distrust" again, creating 2 more Cat tokens that already have Pirate subtype, and creating 2 more Dens. I checked the objectives right away, and the new Cats didn't register as Outlaws.
    Neither did any of the following Cat tokens.

• Asylamb
    edited 12 June 2024, 20:55

Hm, and just now it worked. The difference with the previous situation is that I added Corpses of the Lost again. The reason might be that I first triggered the objective by summoning Skeleton Pirates, and then it recognized Cat Pirates as well?

Edit:
    In the situation above I had 3 counts of Outlaws from CotL (cast once, no Descended triggers), and then 2 counts from Cats. And the later Cats didn't affect count, it stayed at 5/5.
    I thought it was possible that the objective just stops counting upon completion, but in the next match the only Outlaws I had were from CotL (cast 3 times) and the objective showed 9/5.
    Basically, I still have no idea why the 2 Cats from before counted, but the later Cats stopped counting.

• Asylamb
    edited 12 June 2024, 22:21

Ok, I guess I should have just updated the game :#

Edit: Nope, still not consistent. Just had another match where I never drew CotL, but I had Pirate'd my Cats. I had a count of 2 Outlaws total despite summoning much more than that.
    I thought maybe it only works in the span of one turn, like, if you give Pirate to Cats and then use A2 to summon 2 more Cats, but I did that sequence twice and still had only 2 Outlaws.