Vault and Recruit tabs

Options
SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker

What determines which event goes to which tab? I see both PVE and PVP split between the two?

Say I want Hellcat and I haven't seen her in the Vault tab events like the current Unstable ISO so I'll try to pull her from events in Recruit tab. Or if a PVE event shows up in Vaults tab that has Hellcat, so I'll try to pull her from that tab instead.

Do the events flip flop between Vaults and Recruits tabs? Will the Unstable ISO show up in Recruits tab the next time it comes around because I have a lot of tokens for it but it hasn't shown Hellcat for sometime and I want to get more of her covers and under the Vaults tab, there are preset characters you can get, unlike Recruits which is a free-for-all

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 7 May 2024, 19:35
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    What determines which event goes to which tab? I see both PVE and PVP split between the two?

Say I want Hellcat and I haven't seen her in the Vault tab events like the current Unstable ISO so I'll try to pull her from events in Recruit tab. Or if a PVE event shows up in Vaults tab that has Hellcat, so I'll try to pull her from that tab instead.

Do the events flip flop between Vaults and Recruits tabs? Will the Unstable ISO show up in Recruits tab the next time it comes around because I have a lot of tokens for it but it hasn't shown Hellcat for sometime and I want to get more of her covers and under the Vaults tab, there are preset characters you can get, unlike Recruits which is a free-for-all

Recruit tabs appear in conjunction with a newly released character. So the current Jubilee PvP is going to a recruit tab where there is extra chances to get Jubilee (in case of 5 star character a 1/255 chance when normally there is 0 chance of a 5). For 4 star releases its higher percentage to draw the new character.

Vault tabs appear for everything else (ie any PvE/PvP event not tied to a newly released character). So in the Unstable ISO 8 PvE which isn't tied to a new character release you get a guaranteed 4 star character that is the essential (Black King) then 2 other 4's chosen at random (could be the same 2 4s since it's random).

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 7 May 2024, 19:37
    Options

Every PVE that isn't a new release event will have a vault. Unstable iso8 is a vault because it's the event after Jubilee's release. If you save tokens for the vault, you can use them next time it's run as a normal, non-release event. Or the one after, or the one after. Etc.

The Simulator PVE gave tokens for a recruit/new release store which wasn't a vault as they don't put brand new characters in a vault until at the soonest, the event after their release. (It will be an "and friends" vault for a new 4.)

Vault tokens don't apply to the Recruit stores for new characters. It seems like they are changing the name of the stores a bit since before it just said the name of the event and it was a recruit store instead of a vault.

PVP almost always gives tokens for the recruit stores, usually it's a store that applies to that one event only. Although again new releases change things a bit, and tokens will apply to the new character store, or maybe an "& friends" vault for a new 4.

The most effective way to get a specific character is to favorite them and pull store/recruit tokens that give shards. With 150 4s you won't often see the specific one you are looking for, in a vault. The vaults put in one cover for the required 4 and then 2 random covers for other 4s. (The new 4s are required more often after release so you'll see them frequently for 3 months before they become "Classics".)

Specific Classic 4s like Hellcat will only be required in PVE about every 3 years.

• SaltnPeppa
    edited 7 May 2024, 20:39
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    Every PVE that isn't a new release event will have a vault. Unstable iso8 is a vault because it's the event after Jubilee's release. If you save tokens for the vault, you can use them next time it's run as a normal, non-release event. Or the one after, or the one after. Etc.

The Simulator PVE gave tokens for a recruit/new release store which wasn't a vault as they don't put brand new characters in a vault until at the soonest, the event after their release. (It will be an "and friends" vault for a new 4.)

Vault tokens don't apply to the Recruit stores for new characters. It seems like they are changing the name of the stores a bit since before it just said the name of the event and it was a recruit store instead of a vault.

PVP almost always gives tokens for the recruit stores, usually it's a store that applies to that one event only. Although again new releases change things a bit, and tokens will apply to the new character store, or maybe an "& friends" vault for a new 4.

The most effective way to get a specific character is to favorite them and pull store/recruit tokens that give shards. With 150 4s you won't often see the specific one you are looking for, in a vault. The vaults put in one cover for the required 4 and then 2 random covers for other 4s. (The new 4s are required more often after release so you'll see them frequently for 3 months before they become "Classics".)

Specific Classic 4s like Hellcat will only be required in PVE about every 3 years.

So does that mean Unstable ISO vault will move to the Recruit tab when it returns and it IS associated with a New Release Character? Because I don't want Misty Knight and I'd rather take a chance of getting someone random and hopefully get Hellcat.

I know about favoriting, but I'd like to have a chance of getting a random Hellcat cover too than it not being an option at all when the Unstable ISO is in the Vaults tab like this week.

• KGB
    edited 7 May 2024, 22:32
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:

@bluewolf said:

So does that mean Unstable ISO vault will move to the Recruit tab when it returns and it IS associated with a New Release Character? Because I don't want Misty Knight and I'd rather take a chance of getting someone random and hopefully get Hellcat.

I know about favoriting, but I'd like to have a chance of getting a random Hellcat cover too than it not being an option at all when the Unstable ISO is in the Vaults tab like this week.

No, they are 2 separate items.

For example, lets say you currently have 20 tokens for the Unstable ISO 8 vault and you don't open any because you don't want Misty. After the event ends you still have 20 tokens only now they go to a post event vault. At that point you have equal chances to draw any 4 star. So you can now try for Hellcat (at the usual 5% chance for a 4 star character and 1/150 gets you a Hellcat rate).

Now suppose you don't draw any of the 20 tokens. Then in 2 months, Unstable ISO 8 is the release event for a new character 'Foo'. Your 20 tokens don't go to this vault. They remain with the post event vault I described in the prior paragraph. You then earn tokens for this vault from the release event. Lets say you earn 3 tokens and don't open any. When that release event ends, this vault also goes post event BUT DOES NOT combine with the other ISO 8 vault (so you have 2 post event vaults one with 3 tokens and one with 20). The reason for this is that the character odds are different in the 2 vaults (the release character is X times more likely but you also have a chance at Hellcat too). So then in lets say 2 more months Unstable ISO8 is the release event for yet another new character called 'Bar'. At this point you'd have 3 tokens (the ones from the last time it ran you didn't open) plus you could earn more. All these tokens then have the X times more likely chance for the new character.

Does that make sense? Basically vaults for regular events and release are different and never get combined. But after an event ends, you can make draws from either one with a chance for every 4 star (Hellcat).

KGB

• SaltnPeppa
    edited 8 May 2024, 00:51
    Options

@KGB said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

@bluewolf said:

No, they are 2 separate items.

For example, lets say you currently have 20 tokens for the Unstable ISO 8 vault and you don't open any because you don't want Misty. After the event ends you still have 20 tokens only now they go to a post event vault. At that point you have equal chances to draw any 4 star. So you can now try for Hellcat (at the usual 5% chance for a 4 star character and 1/150 gets you a Hellcat rate).

Now suppose you don't draw any of the 20 tokens. Then in 2 months, Unstable ISO 8 is the release event for a new character 'Foo'. Your 20 tokens don't go to this vault. They remain with the post event vault I described in the prior paragraph. You then earn tokens for this vault from the release event. Lets say you earn 3 tokens and don't open any. When that release event ends, this vault also goes post event BUT DOES NOT combine with the other ISO 8 vault (so you have 2 post event vaults one with 3 tokens and one with 20). The reason for this is that the character odds are different in the 2 vaults (the release character is X times more likely but you also have a chance at Hellcat too). So then in lets say 2 more months Unstable ISO8 is the release event for yet another new character called 'Bar'. At this point you'd have 3 tokens (the ones from the last time it ran you didn't open) plus you could earn more. All these tokens then have the X times more likely chance for the new character.

Does that make sense? Basically vaults for regular events and release are different and never get combined. But after an event ends, you can make draws from either one with a chance for every 4 star (Hellcat).

KGB

So you're saying the Unstable ISO vault in the Vaults tab will never move to the Recruits tab, but instead a second Unstable ISO draw/offer/vault/whatever you want to call it will show up in the Recruits tab when the next character 'Foo' is introduced in a few months?

• bluewolf
    Options

You're correct that the various vaults will not move to the recruits tab, regardless the event. Vault tokens will always be for vaults which either are open or post-event (when the event ends).

It should be noted that the Unstable Iso-8 vault will be different the next time a vault is put up for it. The essentials (Shaw and Patch) will probably be different (although possibly the same) and all other character covers will be randomly generated again for the new vault. So for example, my vault has Shaw, and then Gorr and Peni Parker, and I don't expect that they will be in the next Uiso8 vault (although they could be).

Also, final note: there is probably no way to really predict whether Uiso8 will be run as part of a new release or not for its next run. I do not think there is an attempt to cycle which ones are new releases.

• SaltnPeppa
    Options

So it's better for me to wait then until the event becomes Post-Unstable ISO then pull to try for a Hellcat cover because there's a chance for her to drop when it comes Post?

• bluewolf
    Options

If you see Hellcat in a vault then pull from that vault while it’s open.

Waiting for post-event might give you more than one but each pull is 1/80 chance.

Tbh I’m not sure if the randomly seeded characters (anyone who wasn’t essential) are locked in post-event or if it’s all random characters when you get a rarity trigger.

• KGB
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    So it's better for me to wait then until the event becomes Post-Unstable ISO then pull to try for a Hellcat cover because there's a chance for her to drop when it comes Post?

Yes

KGB

• SaltnPeppa
    Options

Thanks all! That's all I wanted to know.