How could Seasonal Vaults be better

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,070 Chairperson of the Boards

it was a fun way to get free items but few things i would like to see to make it better

Supports
more 5 stars
maybe 1 or 2 more accended
make more seasonal quest

make more quest and be able to reset vault. (cost 20k hp)
why do high? if they would make more quest so if people miss days they could still get all 80 items and those who dont miss any days they could reset but at a higher cost they would not want to

any other suggestions

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,562 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would like support shards.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

I would like to see one of 5* removed and replaced with 500 5* shards.

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

These are completely free vaults, if you put the time in. I feel the rewards are very generous as they are and don't need improving. If anything, I'd be more than happy if they reduced the amount of 5 star covers and were replaced with support shards/tokens.

I'd even go as far to say to reduce the amount of seasonal quests, to perhaps reward only up to 50 tokens.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,982 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Carnifex said:
    I'd even go as far to say to reduce the amount of seasonal quests, to perhaps reward only up to 50 tokens.

Absolutely not. At least if they are going to continue to leave ascended characters in there as a reward. A 270 Strange is worth 126 covers. That alone is worth more than the rest of the vault combined and there are a pair of ascended 3 stars in the vault. You have to let players potentially earn both or else the imbalance of luck relating to those ascended characters is too much.

KGB

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

I agree with the above sentiment of swapping out one of the higher ranking awards for supports or support shards. That's a slow growth economy with a lot of randomization. Just please don't remove the ascended characters!

• dxanders
    Options

One minor suggestion I'd make is to have the affiliation quests that overlap boss events either be devoted to a larger affiliation or one applicable to the allowed heroics. Normally it's the type of quest that encourages me to try out different team variants, but trying to churn through the gamma quests in this limited event pool feels like a chore.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,119 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

On a note related to this vault:

Until recently, I didn't realize that "Champion" was an affiliation. I was using champed characters to try and meet that requirement, only to have 1/15 after clearing the fights in the Battle at the Basilica thanks to Miles Morales having that affiliation. I let my alliance know about that, just in case they were also wondering what was going on.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dxanders said:
    One minor suggestion I'd make is to have the affiliation quests that overlap boss events either be devoted to a larger affiliation or one applicable to the allowed heroics. Normally it's the type of quest that encourages me to try out different team variants, but trying to churn through the gamma quests in this limited event pool feels like a chore.

This is my only criticism, in the future they should align the required affiliations with the boss event since we have a lot less freedom to run random teams at that time.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@dxanders said:

This is my only criticism, in the future they should align the required affiliations with the boss event since we have a lot less freedom to run random teams at that time.

I agree with that. But Boss Events are several days whereas these were in Daily Quests so it would require analysis and planning to get to something that worked well. I agree with the suggestion above that wider affiliations, such as Heroes or Villains, could make up a couple of the days and then it would cover most of the Heroic event, regardless of the theme.

I did go a bit random in Shield Sim for the Gamma Mutates and a couple in Puzzle Gauntlet because they were there and perhaps they could align to one of the required characters in PG too? DDQ got me at least 4 of those too.

I guess, my question would be: did anyone fail to get the Tokens for those days, or was it just a bit contrived or convoluted to get them? I was pretty close to missing the Champion one because I forgot about it but still made it in the end.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Timemachinego said:

@dxanders said:

I agree with that. But Boss Events are several days whereas these were in Daily Quests so it would require analysis and planning to get to something that worked well. I agree with the suggestion above that wider affiliations, such as Heroes or Villains, could make up a couple of the days and then it would cover most of the Heroic event, regardless of the theme.

I did go a bit random in Shield Sim for the Gamma Mutates and a couple in Puzzle Gauntlet because they were there and perhaps they could align to one of the required characters in PG too? DDQ got me at least 4 of those too.

I guess, my question would be: did anyone fail to get the Tokens for those days, or was it just a bit contrived or convoluted to get them? I was pretty close to missing the Champion one because I forgot about it but still made it in the end.

I know at least in my alliance family we had people struggling with the gamma mutate mission; our suggestions came down to grinding a certain node in Puzzle Gauntlet, which really shouldn't be the case. If anything that exposes a bigger problem with how these quests are made; they really should be able to complete organically, even if you do have to jump through some hoops and run strange teams at times. A quest with a very limited allegiance at a very limited time as far as events go shouldn't be a thing, imo. I had already shielded out in SIM by the time the quest dropped, my only saving grace was that I sat on DDQ and PG because I suspected that this situation wasn't going to be taken into consideration.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@Scofie said:

@Timemachinego said:

@dxanders said:

I know at least in my alliance family we had people struggling with the gamma mutate mission; our suggestions came down to grinding a certain node in Puzzle Gauntlet, which really shouldn't be the case. If anything that exposes a bigger problem with how these quests are made; they really should be able to complete organically, even if you do have to jump through some hoops and run strange teams at times. A quest with a very limited allegiance at a very limited time as far as events go shouldn't be a thing, imo. I had already shielded out in SIM by the time the quest dropped, my only saving grace was that I sat on DDQ and PG because I suspected that this situation wasn't going to be taken into consideration.

My biggest issue was the missions too. I didn't like the imbalance between daily missions vs weekly missions vs seasonal missions. There is no way "make 50 matches" is a seasonal mission and then you get "win 15 matches with X as a daily mission". I wouldn't mind them making seasonal missions something you actually achieve throughout the season not in 1 sitting (like 500 red matches or something), as long as they are ALL available at the same time so the progress is counted since the very start.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,431 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The only thing I really think is if you do everything complete all the missions, then you should be able to clear the vault completely. Right now it is looking like you can't clear the vault with just doing to missions alone.
    The vault itself and the things inside are fine and on par with other vaults offered.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Carnifex said:
    These are completely free vaults, if you put the time in. I feel the rewards are very generous as they are and don't need improving. If anything, I'd be more than happy if they reduced the amount of 5 star covers and were replaced with support shards/tokens.

I won't go so far as to say cut the # of tokens, but I agree the rewards are fantastic consider it's all an add.

So to the OPs question I would say the thing they could to would be to go back in time and have these in game since vaults were added to the game :D

• dxanders
    edited 29 April 2024, 16:25
    Options

@dianetics said:
    The only thing I really think is if you do everything complete all the missions, then you should be able to clear the vault completely. Right now it is looking like you can't clear the vault with just doing to missions alone.
    The vault itself and the things inside are fine and on par with other vaults offered.

I'm not sure that's true tho? The season is over yesterday but we still have dailies today, and it's my understanding that the missions run until near the end of the week. As long as there are two more days of daily missions, I should be clear to sweep the vault from missions alone.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Shards for 3, 4 & 5 star characters.
    2. Shards for supports.
    3. At least 2 Limited Characters.
    4. A Reset Option.
    5. Weekly & Seasonal challenges should be more difficult to give better prizes.

Thanks

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 724 Critical Contributor
    Options

Most spoiled group of gamers I've ever come across.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,562 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

Really? They seem pretty par for the course, if you ask me.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

How are we spoiled people just making suggestions to make it better
    . It's not like give me all rewards for free

• dxanders
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

I mean, but have you ever seen the Steam community?

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options

It’s just asking.
    And no one is saying give us this for free.
    I would like it if the longer range quests were harder, but you should get more for the extra work.