MPQ Developer Q&A APRIL 2024 (QUESTIONS)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
edited 2 May 2024, 16:43 in MPQ General Discussion

A little later than our regular start time due to some holiday closures, but still in time for April to submit your questions for the next Developer Q & A!

March Developer Q&A Google Form:
https://mpq.social/devqa

1. Max 1 Question:
    To ensure that we're able to answer as many questions as possible, questions are limited to 1 per player and a maximum of 250 characters.
  2. Copy Questions to original Q&A thread:
    To avoid duplicate questions, we kindly ask that you post your question to our Q&A forum thread to display them publicly for others to see here.
  3. Deadline to submit questions:
    12pm PST/8pm BST on April 30th
  4. Answers posted:
    Week of May 13th

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are the fights in the new character Shield Training events meant to be winnable by everyone or are they meant to be gated to certain roster levels?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 27 April 2024, 04:26
    Options

With character ascensions a thing now, will 1* Venom's Devour power reverted to its original form?

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Why are there still limited characters? You made it obvious that you can change them with the 1-Star Yelena.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With Affiliations now becoming possible Milestone quests can we expect them to be upgraded to characters who are missing them? For example Namor and Silver Surfer not being Defenders and Thunderbolts seem all over the place. Many thanks!!!

• Tac
    Tac Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited 29 April 2024, 12:08
    Options

Now roster slots are "common" in vaults and many have dozens or more unused slots, are there any plans to give us alternate uses for them?
    For exemple, things like giving us the ability to sell unused slots, or to use them to send more than 5 teamup

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 27 April 2024, 12:57
    Options

When a node is finished in PvE, what is the point that the timer starts? A) After the final hit? B ) After pressing Continue? C) When you navigate back to the main screen? Or D) something else?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

God boosts brought variety to the game. Now we have ascended they seem to do the opposite. We have far more characters to use, do you think the game still needs it? I feel if it was removed there would be far more variety.

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options

Given that y’all have this here official forum, why are you using Google Docs (that require a log-in with a Google Account I neither have nor want to have) to collect feedback like these monthly Q’n’As and Classic Legends votes?

• UnityGamer
    UnityGamer Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options

The new 4-star Dr. Doom mentioned "feedback damage." Is it the same as Thanos's Court Death where his allies take "penalty damage" when downing an enemy? What is feedback damage? Will there be a distinction between such terms?

For those in the blank, this is with regards to the newly released variant and his power Technomagical Mastery, which deals direct damage, plus 25% boost for each Supernatural or Technologist ally on your team. These allies will also take some damage, but they can be reduced by protect tiles. Compare this to Thanos's Court Death where, after you down an enemy, Death's presence deals damages to everyone in the battle (except for Thanos), with his enemies getting a bit more than the allies. Unlike Technomagical Mastery, Court Death's damage cannot be reduced, hence why I call his power as dealing penalty damage. What I'm basically asking is will there be a distinction between moves that deal damage to your allies as part of its power but can be reduced, or even negated, by protect tiles, trap tiles, or other special means.

• Thoooooor
    Thoooooor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm curious how you choose the supports offered for the pick 3 reward for alliance events, and if there's a planned rotation? Helps me to know where to target my red Iso

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I may not be understanding how the odds work specifically here, but have you considered increasing the "debut" odds for 3* characters as the tier gets larger and larger? I feel like I'm drawing roughly the same amount when they come but getting less of them because of dilution in the tier.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can you add timers to both the Latest Legends and Support stores?

• VALACK
    VALACK Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

Can you please add other language support on Search box? Some of Affiliations are translate in other country language. (ex - Champions , fantastic four , Xmen , etc... ) so type in english, search box doesn't work... can't find anything. If type in other country language, serchbox is blank. Literally can't type anything except eng or esp.... so... could you pls add other language on search box or just remove translate stuff?

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

Like the Character Vote and Costume Vote, is it possible to one day do a Support vote? Maybe even have the vote be for specific affiliations instead of set items. It would be neat if players were able to choose what affiliation got a new support.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm still having trouble understanding how the budget for 5* powers works. Could you show how say, sebastian shaw or angela would look if they had been released as 5s? Or even a 3 like May or Magik. How their ability numbers would be?

This discussion has been closed.