Doctor Doom (Infamous Iron Man) 4*

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is doom replacing downed enemies with bots, or downed Allies?

“ (PASSIVE) Doom is on the side of good. Good is what Doom says it is. When an enemy is Downed, Doom summons an Infiltrator Doombot minion with 5 health and two Passives in their place.

BLACK Deconstruct – Each turn, destroy 5 AP in this team’s strongest color.

RED Self Destruct – Each turn, lose 1 health and convert 1 Green tile to Black. If all allies are Downed or Doombots, this team loses.”

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Is doom replacing downed enemies with bots, or downed Allies?

“ (PASSIVE) Doom is on the side of good. Good is what Doom says it is. When an enemy is Downed, Doom summons an Infiltrator Doombot minion with 5 health and two Passives in their place.

BLACK Deconstruct – Each turn, destroy 5 AP in this team’s strongest color.

RED Self Destruct – Each turn, lose 1 health and convert 1 Green tile to Black. If all allies are Downed or Doombots, this team loses.”

Downed enemies. Not allies. Those passives are on the Doombots. Not Doom

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Looks pretty good. Would've loved if this character, with powers that work well together and look interesting, was a 5 though.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well he's certainly weird & interesting, without being overly verbose, so thumbs up for that!
    I haven't the foggiest clue if he'll be good when ascended, but even buffed he won't do much on required nodes as numbers that low won't scale well.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Looks pretty good. Would've loved if this character, with powers that work well together and look interesting, was a 5 though.

Luckily, he's eligible for ascension!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

Which absolutely won't take forever to make happen.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

I have Angela at 370 and she's not even eligible yet. Shaw is 299, he should be good to go as soon as he's eligible. That doesn't seem like that long.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Seems pretty fun! I have no idea if he's good.

In PvE fights where the enemy team is all Doombot goons, does he auto-win?

Negative. It has to be HIS Doombots. We'll see if we can make the slight text update prior to release to help clarify.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

Ya but I mean a 5 out of the box, not one that takes months and months and months. I don't mind that ascended 4s are crazy powerful, but wish the base 5s didn't have to be garbage to encourage that.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

I have Angela at 370 and she's not even eligible yet. Shaw is 299, he should be good to go as soon as he's eligible. That doesn't seem like that long.

Your roster and resources are not a good gauge for the typical player and you know that. You're also the same person who advises against chasing individual characters for ascension, which would make it take way, way longer.

Dunno. Let's see how long it takes Roadwarrior to ascend Shaw! Is he a "typical player?" I feel like the "typical player" on this forum has 500,000 hoarded tokens and 80 million CP but never opens anything.

If you never open anything ever, and wait until all your guys hit 370, then yes, it'll take forever to ascend any 4*. But that's a decision players are making, not a fact of life.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not opening your hoard to chase a single 4* up to ascension isn't really a choice. It's proper strategy for anyone without infinite resources. I don't believe the only thing standing between forumites and three latest 550s is an unwillingness to pull.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Not opening your hoard to chase a single 4* up to ascension isn't really a choice. It's proper strategy for anyone without infinite resources. I don't believe the only thing standing between forumites and three latest 550s is an unwillingness to pull.

Who said anything about 3 550s?

Pull classics as you go if you want 4*. Invest the rewards into more classics, get more 4*, ascend them, get even more stuff.

It's not impossible at all, people are just choosing not to do it. Does Roadwarrior have "infinite resources?" (Sorry I keep bringing you up @ThaRoadWarrior !)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have the resources I get from playing for free, for 2,987 days. I also have a Shaw who is 4/4/5 with 321 shards, not exactly moving like lightning. But Doom has a 3* feeder, which I believe will help over the length of time it takes to push a 4* along to 370.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 April 2024, 09:05
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Dunno. Let's see how long it takes Roadwarrior to ascend Shaw! Is he a "typical player?" I feel like the "typical player" on this forum has 500,000 hoarded tokens and 80 million CP but never opens anything.

No idea what you are talking about?? :D

Although to be honest if I used your method of not targeting anyone and bringing them all along for the ride while opening classics, I'd be lucky to add 10-15 levels per 4* which when ascended would be 5-7 levels?

So I fail to see how anyone is not targeting certain 4* which the ascended fours I'm seeing in the game. I don't mind this long game in all honesty the only trouble I have are 5* now being so devalued because how good 4's are ascended that I'm not pulling anything.

The game now is at that point 5 years ago, when 4* were released and players said "great, I might get to the 13 covers in 3 years and be able to use the character!" Now it's great I might use ascended 4* in 3 years and join the fun.

Doom looks like a good release for me to use, I should have him ascended in 3-4 years :D

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,358 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tac said:
    So let's say I kill Ihulk with Iron doom in my team, does the doombot replace ihulk before he gets the chance to resurrect?

1. This is a very good question
    2. Trying to find an ihulk team that you could beat with an iDoom team before he got toasted by aoe anytime in the near future seems tricky; better to hunt 5he-Hulk or Chasm (who is often paired with iHulk….)
  • entrailbucket
    Options

@Tony_Foot how have we gotten to the point where putting 5-7 levels on every character is a BAD thing? The rewards from that alone would probably double what you've got currently, everyone starts putting out even better rewards/you can ascend more guys, plus everyone is 5-7 levels better!

A few levels on these guys actually matter, especially when they're boosted.

People ask how you get 550s -- believe it or not, you don't have to go from 0->550 in one day. It's entirely possible to do it 5-7 levels at a time, or even (gasp!) one level at a time!