New Support - Thanos-Copter (Villainous Vehicle)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker

Name:

Thanos-Copter (Villainous Vehicle)

Release Date:

April 11, 2024

Requirements:

Equip: Villains
Synergy: Thanos

Perks (Max Level)

Rank 1:
Create the Cosmic Cube tile at the Start of the turn if it doesn’t exist. When either team matches or destroys the tile, they gain ownership of it. If the supported character’s team owns the tile, the team gains 36.00% increased Ability damage and it Converts 2 tiles in the supported characters’ weakest colors into their strongest colors each turn.

Rank 3:
Once per turn, if the Cosmic Cube tile is matched or destroyed, send the one who matched it Airborne for 1-turn. When they land, deal 15.00% damage of max health if they were an enemy, or a burst of 15.00% of max health if they were on the supported characters team.

Rank 5:
When the supported character makes a match, rotate the 3×3 block of tiles around the match. Additional matches caused by this deal 61.20% bonus damage.

Synergy:
At the Start of the Battle the supported character goes Airborne for 1 turn. When they land, destroy 3 random tiles in a 3×3 block centered on the Cosmic Cube (destroyed tiles do not generate AP) and deal 9.48% damage to the enemy team.

Comments

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sounds neat....

Anything to slow the game down though.. :p

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Seems nifty - lots of lovely board disruption!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, I don't really want Thanos to go airborne turn 0, that'd prevent me winning with Court Death after I make the first move.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah, I don't really want Thanos to go airborne turn 0, that'd prevent me winning with Court Death after I make the first move.

Give it to 4-star Thanos.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@entrailbucket said:

Give it to 4-star Thanos.

Aha! Good call!

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

Archangel Smooshed all those Airborne Jabronis. let's allow just this support in PVP please.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have images of Captain Kirk, asking "Excuse me...what does Thanos need with a helicopter?"

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,138 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If attached to Thanos, at Rank 3 will he go airborne, blow up the tile and go airborne again?

I shall nickname it "Thanos' Pogo Stick".

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,138 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A serious question though:

I am confused by: "When either team matches or destroys the tile, they gain ownership of it."

How can you gain ownership of it if it is destroyed?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,011 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

I am confused by: "When either team matches or destroys the tile, they gain ownership of it."

I think it respawns and whoever got rid of it last owns it then

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sounds a bit like the Tug of War tiles in Puzzle Quest.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Scofie said:

The first perk says at the start of the turn it’s created if it doesn’t exist. So I assume ownership is conferred to whoever matched it away.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,011 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Scofie said:

The first perk says at the start of the turn it’s created if it doesn’t exist. So I assume ownership is conferred to whoever matched it away.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Someone matches or destroys it, it respawns, it belongs to whoever matched or destroyed it.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 April 2024, 13:47
    Options

The synergy perk for Thanos is sort of pointless. Doesn't do enough to be meaningful to put on Thanos vs another character.

The R5 power looks crazy. If you get a cascade of say size 3 all by the supported character, does the rotation happen after everything settles (so 3 final rotations) or does it happen mid tile destruction while tiles are dropping in?

Guessing the R3 power is meant for enemy MThors. So if she destroys it with her passive she will be sent airborne and take 15% damage when she returns. This is the kind of support I suggested was needed to deal with her.

KGB

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    edited 11 April 2024, 17:31
    Options

Incredibly fun support! -- It actually makes my favorite Marvel villain feel like he's altering space/reality/etc, manipulating things in his favor.

And, I lovelovelove the "Thanos takes off in his Copter!" banner at the start of battle, and "It will be your end!" when he lands -- that's some A+ flavor text right there.

Great job, devs!

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 April 2024, 18:19
    Options

Want. Yes
    Chase or buy . Nope unless they would make a level 5 dirt cheap then maybe

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Looks fun. I like fantasticar's shenanigans.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 April 2024, 13:36
    Options

I wish the release model would be tweaked a bit to allow some kind of way to earn a R1 new support somehow.

I don’t actually care much about the Leapfrog, but it’s last season’s support and it’s not in the current pool so you can’t even try for it with whatever tokens you might have saved, pulled, or buy/bought. Maybe next season.

The bosses lately give out clumps of old supports where they used to give out a new(er) one for well-placed alliances.

I realize scarcity drives spending for some but on the other hand you can earn covers and shards and pulls for new characters with consistent play.

Anyway it’s not a great look to me to restrict a new support release to “spending cash”.

There are plenty of vaults lately with really high value contents but it still seems like there’s no good sense of how to manage supports and monetize them effectively. The Thanos Copter is fun but not worth spending on to me in terms of gameplay.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    I wish the release model would be tweaked a bit to allow some kind of way to earn a R1 new support somehow.

I don’t actually care much about the Leapfrog, but it’s last season’s support and it’s not in the current pool so you can’t even try for it with whatever tokens you might have saved, pulled, or buy/bought. Maybe next season.

The bosses lately give out clumps of old supports where they used to give out a new(er) one for well-placed alliances.

I realize scarcity drives spending for some but on the other hand you can earn covers and shards and pulls for new characters with consistent play.

Anyway it’s not a great look to me to restrict a new support release to “spending cash”.

There are plenty of vaults lately with really high value contents but it still seems like there’s no good sense of how to manage supports and monetize them effectively. The Thanos Copter is fun but not worth spending on to me in terms of gameplay.

I think within a month or two should be an easy way to earn it. I got most of the supports and have no clue how earned them lil