Howard in classics

Options
Ptahhotep
Ptahhotep Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker

I pulled a classic legends token from a vault. I got a cover for Howard when I opened it. He is shown as being in classics but not latest. He is still limited though and can’t be favourited. Is this a permanent change or just temporary?

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

He was picked for increased pick rate for classic. It's random list from which community picks. So i'ts just for mfew weeks.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options

Get him ascended while you can! :D

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It'd be nice if this came with a buff/rework for him. As far as Limited characters go, he's not as bad as Spider-Ham, but he's still pretty bad (and I say this as someone who has Howard ascended, at lvl464).

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

His only issue is pricey powers. Otherwise his kit is pretty fun.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think he is by far the best Limited character; well, maybe there is some Taskmaster build that's better but I'm not sure - it is kind of cool to put Quack-Fu on black so there are actually green tiles available to crush with it. You could definitely play with the numbers on his power costs and effects to make Howard pretty good though. Like if you just took 2ap off the cost of everything he does even he would be better.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I think he is by far the best Limited character; well, maybe there is some Taskmaster build that's better but I'm not sure - it is kind of cool to put Quack-Fu on black so there are actually green tiles available to crush with it. You could definitely play with the numbers on his power costs and effects to make Howard pretty good though. Like if you just took 2ap off the cost of everything he does even he would be better.

Yeah, you're right. He's not as bad as I was thinking.

The biggest problem with him, and all the other Limited guys, is that they're not in the boost rotation.