Options
2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 7 April 2024, 21:42
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Why chasm, May's boost shouldn't stack with his should it? Same with colossus?

Stun opposing. OR starts dmg round 2, other team doesn’t get a turn before he’s running.

Chasm just there to be annoying and drain AP.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

Running with Shang Chi and ascended XForce Wolverine. One shotted 321k enemy on something like turn 5 with a crit and killed the guy behind him with 92k with the following match. As fast as that team already was, she made it faster.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    edited 8 April 2024, 02:04
    Options

3may, Colossus, phyla-vell might be the only use case for using phyla.

Get her black out, smoosh people

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,138 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Why chasm, May's boost shouldn't stack with his should it? Same with colossus?

I ran them against BRB/4Polaris5 teams in the 3* May event. The 1st turn stun passively killed loaner May and the whole thing lasted maybe 4 turns with ORs passive boosted and at least 2 turns before the opponents can make a match.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options

I can't imagine NOT running Chasm, he is still one of the best in the game (in my opinion). The fact that May buffs the match damage alone would be worth running them together.

I noticed her health increase continually adds every match, so if you run her match after match, you will eventually hit full heath again (if you aren't taking heavy damage) which is nice for saving health packs. Just seemed worth mentioning.

• Jinx
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    I can't imagine NOT running Chasm, he is still one of the best in the game (in my opinion). The fact that May buffs the match damage alone would be worth running them together.

I noticed her health increase continually adds every match, so if you run her match after match, you will eventually hit full heath again (if you aren't taking heavy damage) which is nice for saving health packs. Just seemed worth mentioning.

Who would be a good third for that team? Started running her with Shang Chi and XForce Wolverine, but that just seems like overkill at this point.

• WhiteBomber
    edited 10 April 2024, 01:01
    Options

5mega Red of course :smiley: She immediately buffs his spore AOE and gives both of them health and since they are both high health healers, they are a very strong defensive and offensive trio.

My go to is 5Red, Chasm, 5Witch, but May is a more offensive version. These teams safely shut down most go to teams, especially MThor. I see multiple matches where by turn 2 (since the enemy team is stunned) the match damage increase will regularly leave champ MThor with only 1 turn or 2 left of health, but since the stun cancels her initial charged tiles, she is mostly useless at that point.

If you are looking for a fun duo, 3May also breathes life in to 5Magik buffing the hell out of her match bonus hit plus her repeaters. Toss in 5trange and you're havin some fun and movin faster, or Bong if you want to have 5Emma tank everything and stay full health.

May has many good partners to support.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 953 Critical Contributor
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    If you are looking for a fun duo, 3May also breathes life in to 5Emma buffing the hell out of her match bonus hit plus her repeaters. Toss in 5trange and you're havin some fun and movin faster, or Bong if you want to have 5Emma tank everything and stay full health.

Do you mean Magik? I don't think Emma has repeaters.

• Jinx
    Options

Tried her with Chasm and ascended Miles. Worked very well. Been using OR with Grocket and Juggs4>5. Would normally use Magik with Wong to get strikes and his supernatural damage bonus. Thinking since they are both percentage based, May and Wongs damage bonus won’t stack. She is a technologist. Could use her with Evo and Deathlock.

• WhiteBomber
    edited 10 April 2024, 01:05
    Options

I did, thank you @MoosePrime, I am awful with the names, especially those 2, I mix them up in my head all the time, all I think is X-Men C-List (solely because I don't remember them from the cartoon, I never read the comics).

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Running with Shang Chi and ascended XForce Wolverine. One shotted 321k enemy on something like turn 5 with a crit and killed the guy behind him with 92k with the following match. As fast as that team already was, she made it faster.

I'm curious, whats Xforce doing in this team?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@Jinx said:

Remember they just undid the nerf they made to him years ago! He's a completely insane cascade generator/AP generator who doesn't overlap any of Shang-Chi's colors.

• Jinx
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@Jinx said:

Remember they just undid the nerf they made to him years ago! He's a completely insane cascade generator/AP generator who doesn't overlap any of Shang-Chi's colors.

He’s ascended and green and black do great damage and create tons of cascades and AP. I’m also very partial to rainbow teams.

• WhiteBomber
    Options

I used to use him as my rainbow Shang partner also, they do love each other. However, see Northstar since he basically does the same thing but for half price!

Also, I'm pretty sure May boosts everything 4Juggs does... yikes.

• Jinx
    Options

Thought about Juggs, but I have him ascended and pairing him with Grocket. If you go with that team, you won’t get great color coverage. Been using OR with them. Gives the passive damage and a couple of outlets and covers 5 colors for matches.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

If I set Iron May to be my favorite, what's a realistic time frame to ascend her to a 5*?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It took me 3 weeks and 2 days to take my Doom from 221 to 266. So 45 covers in 23 days.

…I’m not sure how many covers you need for May to get her to 5* status. But maybe you know or can calculate?

I place T50 in PVE, mostly T50 in PvP (sometimes T25). Alliance is T250. I also play LRs, kind of a lot. Often hit T100 there.

Hope this helps a little.