SHIELD servers down 10 minutes before end of tournament!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

20 points out of 2nd place and looks like its gonna stay that way. Can't get on even though my connection is solid.

Server load? Too many players on? Very very frustrating!

Comments

• ditto, i was THIS close to getting the 500 hp bonus for getting 1000 lp (984 before server crash). I'm incredibly annoyed. I think i was second place before the crash occurred and i pray I get my bonuses)
  • Yeah I was in 2nd place with a 49+ point lead over #3 in my tournament so I'm going to be a bit disappointed if I don't stay in 2nd place.

I'm guessing with so much more chance (or perceived chance) to get better rankings and overall better prizes, everone rushed the servers to eak out a final win or two.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    hogunner wrote:
    Yeah I was in 2nd place with a 49+ point lead over #3 in my tournament so I'm going to be a bit disappointed if I don't stay in 2nd place.

I'm guessing with so much more chance (or perceived chance) to get better rankings and overall better prizes, everone rushed the servers to eak out a final win or two.

The incentive to get that last battle in is too great. Same experience here, but lower stakes.
  • I did end up getting 2nd and got my rewards though I'm pretty lucky no one was able to get in and knock me out. I still missed out on getting a chance to push for the 900 point reward since I was around 853 when the server crashed but I don't think I would have been able to get that many points in 10 minutes anyway.

Other than the crash, it was a great tournament.
  • UGH.

I was in 1st or 2nd place for the last 24 hours. I just finished a game, gained my points, and BAM, servers down. App was unusable until after the deadline. I was notified that I finished in the top 10 (Cap with 1 power), and the app crashed when I attempted to redeem it.

I am NOT pleased right now.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    hogunner wrote:

Very much agreed! I like the bracketed idea and hope it returns often!
  • Also got a crash trying to redeem Cap award. Log back in and reward is gone
  • Yea, this was a big bummer. I was top 10, but was boxed out of the server for the last 7 minutes. The worst part was that I didn't even get my prizes. ****.

All that time and gold I wasted on health pack refreshes for nothing.
  • i waited till their was 1 hour left to make my push after going from rank 11 to 67 earlier that day, with a hour left i had 2 lives left with 127 coins ready to buy 5 more lives and i also bought 20 dollars worth of crystals so i won't have to spend lives on the party members that aren't that high in level ( they get low in life i just train them 1 level and they are back to full live, So i only use lives on my main which was Iron-man this tournament) well i was at rank 17 with about 11 minutes left which was enough time for me to get in the 3-10 reward but GG server crash. so i would either like a refund for the crystals which i didn't use or a 3-11 reward iron-man. i send a letter through the app also which shows my game ID to verify everything i said icon_e_smile.gif
  • Now getting attacked by captain America, but still have not gotten mine. Not cool.
  • Dninot wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Very much agreed! I like the bracketed idea and hope it returns often!

I was hoping that brackets would be the new norm but looking at this new tourney it seems that's not the case
  • I was doing the same thing as most people on here, making a last minute push to try to get into 2nd place. I made it into the top 10 (although I still haven't received my cover either because of the Comm Link Disrupted), but I should have been able to sneak up a few spots, maybe into 2nd.

I hope they do something for us folks that were affected by this, like maybe bump everyone up to the next reward tier from where they finished. Or at least do that for people that they can see were in a match right before/at the deadline.
  • Marvel Puzzle Quest:

I still have not received my 3 X Recruit Token that my friend and others have received in en masse. In which was supposed to be sent out to everybody else at the same time either yesterday or the day before. Is there anyway that I could get Professor X as a make up for a serious failure to send me my 3 X Random Recruit Tokens?

I am still waiting to receive mine like I have been forgotten and I joined in Launch Edition as some people have and I do deserve to get my 3 X Recruit Token for the Shield Servers going down. I am being very honest to you about, I was shocked when my friend told me on his cell phone that he received three recruit tokens and I did not so a few hours after I talked to him I went home and I still have not received any notice of 3 X Recruit Token being given to me or being sent to me in waiting????????? icon_exclaim.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Sincerely,

Steven D. Scalfani
    SDS
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Have you considered opening a ticket with customer support?

It might work better then posting in a thread from a year and a half ago.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved.