Frequently Asked Gameplay Questions

12467

Comments

  • icon_e_biggrin.gif Would be good strategy to choose which color so that the corresponding character acts as a meatshield
  • How does the Season ranking work?

    Currently in Season 4 my overall ranking is 480, but every individual event I have ranked considerably higher. In SHIELD I'm rated 301. Currently rated 185 in Panther and Prey (started today), finished 234 in First Avenger and finished 25 in Fresh Cut. I understand than point numbers are different in every event, but how is it possible that my overall is so low?

    Do lightning rounds also get included into the season somehow?

    EDIT: sorry, didn't realize/remember there was an event forum. I'll repost there.
  • How do I swap to another build for my hero when I have more than 13 covers?
  • How do I swap to another build for my hero when I have more than 13 covers?

    If you try to add a 14th cover it will ask you which cover you want to remove. You add the new cover, and it will subtract the one you select.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    How do I swap to another build for my hero when I have more than 13 covers?

    If you try to add a 14th cover it will ask you which cover you want to remove. You add the new cover, and it will subtract the one you select.

    Thanks, will the substracted cover then be stored or lost?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    How do I swap to another build for my hero when I have more than 13 covers?

    If you try to add a 14th cover it will ask you which cover you want to remove. You add the new cover, and it will subtract the one you select.

    Thanks, will the substracted cover then be stored or lost?
    It will be lost. If you ever wanted to level that particular power up again, you would have to get the cover again through PVP/PVE rewards or token pulls.
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the Team Up Abilities you have selected for a given match the same ones that the AI will use for you on Defense or will they select a random assortment for your team? What if you didn't assign any Team Up abilities for the match?
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Your team will have TUs anyway and the choice will be random. Your team might even have TUs that you lack in your inventory.
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. That could explain how defensive teams seem to break the rules we players are held to. I.E. A team with Grey Widow using OBW's Aggressive Recon.
  • edited August 2014
    Do PvE events scale difficulty or should I quit while I'm behind? I haven't been able to get past the "Logan's Heroes" stage for the Deadpool event with my newbie roster, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm wasting my time (and TUs) trying.

    Edit: I got the Hood cover and was able to beat Storm/CMags by hogging all the yellow and black tiles for myself. But the Villains sub kicked my butt.
  • Is the difficulty level of your competition based on the overall average of your all your heroes level or how often you win (or some other factor)?

    I have a few 2-4* heroes that could be leveled up substantially, however if this bumps up my difficulty level of competition I do not yet think I can hang with the big boys with all the maxed 3 and 4* heroes out there.

    Thanks for the replies.
  • Question,
    How many people can attack us at once in pvp?

    I find it disconcerting to play one game, but be attacked four times in that time peeiod... at least that is how it looks.
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    shelvns wrote:
    Question,
    How many people can attack us at once in pvp?

    I find it disconcerting to play one game, but be attacked four times in that time peeiod... at least that is how it looks.

    How many players are finding you in their queue at once plus players who see you for retaliations? That's the answer to both questions. Especially near the end time of most PvP events, as most high ranked players are shielding (and therefore not showing up in new queues), any unshielded player is more likely to show up in another player's queue. Don't forget that shielding players are often looking for their next target while shielded.

    The Meta-game has changed to the point that if you are not shielding, you can expect multiple attacks per match in the last hour if you haven't been shielding. While shield hopping, players are attempting to score as quick a victory as possible to avoid being unshielded long enough to show up on an new queues.

    (Moral of the story: If you don't want to spend HP on shields, get used to hanging out in the top 25 or lower.)
  • jajones82 wrote:
    Is the difficulty level of your competition based on the overall average of your all your heroes level or how often you win (or some other factor)?

    I have a few 2-4* heroes that could be leveled up substantially, however if this bumps up my difficulty level of competition I do not yet think I can hang with the big boys with all the maxed 3 and 4* heroes out there.

    Thanks for the replies.

    It is based on a few factors but mainly how often you win vs. how often you lose. Your competition is not based on the levels of your characters.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10735&start=88
  • JusChrisJusChris Age Unconfirmed Posts: 9
    Hi I'm sort of new to this game and forum but I do have a question but I can't seem to find a direct answer.

    I have been competeting in the events to try and get players to help me get event better players and rewards.

    So here's my question I have competed in the last two events and have placed top 100 both times. Now Im trying to get deadpool and on the first day I managed to get to top 16 in the evening and woke up rank 132 but everytime I try and play a match I'm always against levels 80+ and my highest player rank is 60.
    I have read that there's certain ranks that the matchmaking system puts you in after winning loads of games but is there a way to help prevent this?

    Sorry If you get this message quite a lot I'm just asking for someone to help me understand so I do stand a chance winning deadpool.

    Thanks in advance
  • If I am having difficulty reaching the tech support team is there a better way to get a hold of them such as a phone number????????

    I have sent them several emails with no response back from them whatsoever and I can not play the game without their help. icon_e_sad.gif


    Sincerely,




    Steven D. Scalfani
    SDS
  • HairyDaveHairyDave Posts: 1,574
    JusChris wrote:
    Hi I'm sort of new to this game and forum but I do have a question but I can't seem to find a direct answer.

    I have been competeting in the events to try and get players to help me get event better players and rewards.

    So here's my question I have competed in the last two events and have placed top 100 both times. Now Im trying to get deadpool and on the first day I managed to get to top 16 in the evening and woke up rank 132 but everytime I try and play a match I'm always against levels 80+ and my highest player rank is 60.
    I have read that there's certain ranks that the matchmaking system puts you in after winning loads of games but is there a way to help prevent this?

    Sorry If you get this message quite a lot I'm just asking for someone to help me understand so I do stand a chance winning deadpool.

    Thanks in advance

    Losing, deliberately or otherwise, is the only known method of reducing the level of opponents you'll see in PvP events. And there's a limit to how effective that is too - after a certain point threshold (500 I think at the moment but it varies) you'll start seeing a much wider variety of levels. And they'll see you too.
  • For me, the limit at which deliberately losing doesn't help any longer was always around 700.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    Losing, deliberately or otherwise, is the only known method of reducing the level of opponents you'll see in PvP events. And there's a limit to how effective that is too - after a certain point threshold (500 I think at the moment but it varies) you'll start seeing a much wider variety of levels. And they'll see you too.


    OK, so if I lose a bunch of matches in the first day or so of a PvP then build up my score to (hopefully get a cover), will the higher score negate the loses or is it bases on win/loss ratio?
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my experience, it doesn't really require losing to a ton of people...just a few. I typically try mid-event if my main team is down tanking a few matches. It can often times bring me some more manageable opponents. I go for the highest point opponents to lose to as well since you lose the fewest points to them. Greatest benefit to for the smallest sacrifice.
Sign In or Register to comment.