MPQ Developer Q&A February 2024 (ANSWERS)

Options
2»

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 506 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1. Scofie [Official Forums]
      Question: If I put a critical on a tile with 2 Red above, 2 Yellow to the left, 2 Green below and 2 Purple to the right, what order does damage resolve?

Answer: Top to bottom, left to right.

Am I interpreting this correctly that the program scans from top-to-bottom, left-to-right (meaning that the resolution order is Red, Yellow, Purple, then Green), and not answer's literal interpretation (Red, Green, Yellow, then Purple)?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Godzillafan67 said:

Question: If I put a critical on a tile with 2 Red above, 2 Yellow to the left, 2 Green below and 2 Purple to the right, what order does damage resolve?

Am I interpreting this correctly that the program scans from top-to-bottom, left-to-right (meaning that the resolution order is Red, Yellow, Purple, then Green), and not answer's literal interpretation (Red, Green, Yellow, then Purple)?

That's how I interpreted it Red is at the top, next highest are Yellow and Purple, (so run left to right), with Green being bottom.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

One of the unaddressed questions was regarding supports in PvP - is there an update, or similar wording.

Well, after updating to R298, I found that PvP had supports active on offense. Within an hour of posting about it on Discord there was a data push that removed them.

In any case, it seems like work is continuing to some degree.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 March 2024, 04:06
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

That's how I interpreted it Red is at the top, next highest are Yellow and Purple, (so run left to right), with Green being bottom.

Actually I think its Red yellow GREEN then purple.

. . R
    . . R
    YY*PP
    . . G
    . . G

Red first (RRcT), then yellow (YYcT), Green (Where the crit is the first green cTGG) and purple last (cTPP)

It will read the green after the yellow

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Phumade said:

@Scofie said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

Actually I think its Red yellow GREEN then purple.

. . R
    . . R
    YY*PP
    . . G
    . . G

Red first (RRcT), then yellow (YYcT), Green (Where the crit is the first green cTGG) and purple last (cTPP)

It will read the green after the yellow

Interesting point. I think you're right. Had overlooked the fact that the critical was the first tile in the match 3 for Green.