Phyla-Vell (Martyr) 5*

Options

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah it is usually the strongest color which is black. Sorry!

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 March 2024, 16:40
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    Yeah it is usually the strongest color which is black. Sorry!

**** just need to pull then. Or wait for ll what be I think. Around July ouch

Doubtv284 would be high enough to get shard cover

Was thinking running her

Her with yellow
    Polaris
    Kitty

Get those strike and defence up on 6 yellow. Polaris will keep adding and kitty will keep improving

Un less than wouldn't work

With black
    Maybe her with oky not sure thrid

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@whoami said:
    Well, since this one looks “meh,” anyone want to sell me the case for unhoarding to 550 Goose and X23?

Some folks are using Goose as a counter to Omega Red/other AoE guys (Hulk?) in simulator. She's pretty good at that job.

I didn't "unhoard," but I did decide to pull another 100 or so tokens to get more Goose because I wasn't impressed with Phylla. I still think she's better than, say, Victor or Hunter, so I'll probably go in more when Hunter leaves. I had over 500 though - the "March Madness" was definitely a windfall for extra pulls.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@entrailbucket said:

@whoami said:
    Well, since this one looks “meh,” anyone want to sell me the case for unhoarding to 550 Goose and X23?

Some folks are using Goose as a counter to Omega Red/other AoE guys (Hulk?) in simulator. She's pretty good at that job.

I didn't "unhoard," but I did decide to pull another 100 or so tokens to get more Goose because I wasn't impressed with Phylla. I still think she's better than, say, Victor or Hunter, so I'll probably go in more when Hunter leaves. I had over 500 though - the "March Madness" was definitely a windfall for extra pulls.

She's mostly a counter character -- if you're fighting someone with a passive AoE she's very strong, and pretty annoying on defense. Omega Red is a player in this metagame and Hulk is still around, so I don't think you'll regret having Goose.

If you're fighting someone who doesn't have a passive AoE, she can be a pretty strong strike tile generator for teams that want that. The special tiles meta can still be a thing if you build around it, and she can potentially outspam m'Thor's ability to clean up if Goose is tanking enough.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited 6 March 2024, 19:18
    Options

I decided to open all my LLs, which was only 97. Unfortunately I got a decent amount of hunter (garbage character). I already had all 3 champed. But I did get a few levels on goose before she leaves. I don't think I'll be chasing victor, so I can hoard until phylla is about to leave at the very least

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We seem to have moved passed the wacky animal stage firmly in to the Lady with stabby weapon stage of character releases it seems so perhaps we might get Lady Sif?

Although when I say it out loud, Sif sounds like some sort of terrible exotic disease so maybe we don't want that unless it gives us a sword at the same time maybe.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thinking she might be best used 5/5/3 as a special tile generator and let the CDs play out to get as many boosted hits from each one as you can instead of using red to get the damage all at once. Better to get each hit boosted unless you can can finish the match by using red.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I only have one cover but I couldn't get enough black to try it out so...I like her scar! Very 90s! Oh and of course....SWORD! Are there any Marvel ladies left out there without swords? If there are then I am not sure we need to know about them. Even Aunt May would have a pretty nifty kitchen knife.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Well having just used her, I can hand on heart say, she is one of the characters that has been added to this game.

I had to read this twice. Definitely made me laugh.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Well having just used her, I can hand on heart say, she is one of the characters that has been added to this game.

I had to read this twice. Definitely made me laugh.

I thank you

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I only have one cover but I couldn't get enough black to try it out so...I like her scar! Very 90s! Oh and of course....SWORD! Are there any Marvel ladies left out there without swords? If there are then I am not sure we need to know about them. Even Aunt May would have a pretty nifty kitchen knife.

Blink doesn't have swords!

Energy daggers don't count, right?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Someone posted this image of their rewards for ascended Moondragon and I am extremely confused what’s going on.

Reportedly they have not gotten any retro covers for Phylla but man, I wish that was the reward tree for ascended 4s.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess that's their "automated" solution.
    That's... One way to do it I guess.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

So that's why they said everyone needs to log in during the week after retros go out. Temporary update to the 5* champ rewards for the week, let it flow through, then revert, right?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Bowgentle said:

So that's why they said everyone needs to log in during the week after retros go out. Temporary update to the 5* champ rewards for the week, let it flow through, then revert, right?

That is almost certainly what they did. It's a pretty good solution, though I guess you can game a few ways, I don't know.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Bowgentle said:

That is almost certainly what they did. It's a pretty good solution, though I guess you can game a few ways, I don't know.

Wouldn't if you kept 2 maxed you'd get 12 covers and then more after ascending to 5*?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Bowgentle said:

Wouldn't if you kept 2 maxed you'd get 12 covers and then more after ascending to 5*?

I'm pretty sure someone has tried that by now.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Pantera236 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Bowgentle said:

I'm pretty sure someone has tried that by now.

pretty sure they've succeeded too....

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

Why were the star lord shards given out? I did not get any for unascended 325 moondragon?