Phyla-Vell (Martyr) 5*

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Tony_Foot said:
    Pure 5* are dead. We know what the new long long endgame is. Put me out of my misery and launch a 4* only token for 5-10CP.

Yeah, no.
    Omega, Rex and Vulture are very much alive.

In the game right now because I cannot get to the 4* ascended to 5* of similar levels. Aren't there ones you would rather have ascended right now instead of current Latest releases?

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Tony_Foot said:
    Pure 5* are dead. We know what the new long long endgame is. Put me out of my misery and launch a 4* only token for 5-10CP.

Yeah, no.

Do you see Rex and Vulture when not boosted?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 March 2024, 15:06
    Options

@TheXMan said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Yeah, no.

I see Rex from time to time but not Vulture. Vulture is there mostly because he doesn't interfere with OR and can be a real thorn in your opponent's side while you're killing them with OR.

I will also go weeks without seeing above 500 points MThor or Shang, or one of the other 5*s that appear on non-boosted weeks. What's your point? That some characters are better than others?

MThor does not have the same dominance iHulk/Chasm used to, I can say that for sure. Is she still too good? I don't know -- I used her last week because she was a great partner for High Evolutionary and pretty much everyone else sucked. I'm not using her this week because she messes with OR and Vulture is a pretty good partner.

Back to the original point (this is a thread about Martyr, not Thor,) I'd say Martyr is definitely not DoA, and I can see a number of people to pair her with. She's not "S" tier, sure, but I definitely wouldn't write her off before you even see her played.

• GrimSkald
    Options

I'll also point out that in the Lightning Rounds you rarely see MThor (and almost never above 200 or so.) The dominant team is 5* Colossus/OR. But anyway, as I said, this is neither here nor there.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Guessing that store is March 15 to 18. Says Feb

Too bad store sucks. Could been useful with Polaris

• slidecage
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Guessing that store is March 15 to 18. Says Feb

Too bad store sucks. Could been useful with Polaris

One yellow good enough for me now to see how high my moon dragon isv

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@TheXMan said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Tony_Foot said:

Yeah, no.

Do you see ascended 4s when they're not boosted?

• TheXMan
    Options

Yikes...wasn't trying to offend anyone, was just curious. I saw a comment including Rex and Vulture with Omega and wondered if they were used outside of boost weeks.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh ok 🤣
    Didn't realize it was an honest question.
    Yes, Rex is used, Omega all the time, Vulture not so much.

• GrimSkald
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Oh ok 🤣
    Didn't realize it was an honest question.
    Yes, Rex is used, Omega all the time, Vulture not so much.

Yeah, sorry if I misinterpreted TheXman's tone. I don't see Venomsaurus Rex outside of boost week, nor Vulture, but OR is out there all the time particularly in the Lightning Rounds but also sometimes in straight PVP if he pairs well with a boosted 5. Like most unboosted, he tapers off above 500 or so, that tends to be dominated by the best boosted team and/or MThor/Someone else.

• TheXMan
    Options

Ok, this is what I see as well - lots of Omega even when not boosted. I asked the question because he was lumped in with Rex and Vulture who I rarely see unless boosted.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

Omega red, p5 Emma and p5 magik is my main team, cuts through pve pretty quickly

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

Well, since this one looks “meh,” anyone want to sell me the case for unhoarding to 550 Goose and X23?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@whoami said:
    Well, since this one looks “meh,” anyone want to sell me the case for unhoarding to 550 Goose and X23?

Some folks are using Goose as a counter to Omega Red/other AoE guys (Hulk?) in simulator. She's pretty good at that job.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@whoami said:

Goose: what entrail said above. Pair her with Electro to reduce AoE damage and generate Yellow. In Sim, round them up with Kitty or Nico.
    X-23: never thought I'd be saying this, but two of her best partners are Thorkoye. Yes, the one and only halfThor, who was the meta long before Jane. Generate as much Red and Green as possible, set up one Red and then spam Green.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

I feel like she could be good with Kitty and Buffpin. Try to match yellow and black early.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wondering if using Phylla with an ascended Carol is reasonable. Would insta-ending a Phylla CD deliver all the dmg or just one tick? With specials out, use Phylla Red, buff a bunch of tiles….I dunno. Something to try anyway. Color overlap not optimal though.

Run with Kang, Phyllis puts out CDs, use red, or they get destroyed by Thor, and he’s getting a bunch of blue.

Maybe I was a little harsh. Some possibly interesting bits.

• slidecage
    Options

How high moondragon you need for cover. I'm at 284 so not expecting much

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

@slidecage said:
    How high moondragon you need for cover. I'm at 284 so not expecting much

You get a cover at 280 so you will get that.

• slidecage
    Options

Thank u.

Hopefully yellow but doubt it only one I want lom