Unofficial Forum Challenge part 2

Options
entrailbucket
entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 29 February 2024, 18:09 in MPQ General Discussion

I forgot to post this last puzzle gauntlet, but I remembered this time.

Challenge: what's the highest value single strike, attack, or protect tile you can make? You can have more than one on the board, but the challenge is the value of one tile. Your choice as to the type.

Post a screenshot here to enter! The winner gets...street cred? The satisfaction of beating your peers? A cool screenshot?

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oooh exciting. I'm looking forward to doing what I think is a decent job only to have @Blackstone come in and completely obliterate my entry.

Here's attempt 1:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 February 2024, 18:45
    Options

Whoah, this is a good one. Who has the best mechanism for this....feels like a Low Level AI + Polaris/Mr Negative/Danver5 infinite strike destruction team would get to it eventually, but I haven't got low level AI to mess with that one.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Whoah, this is a good one. Who has the best mechanism for this....feels like a Low Level AI + Polaris/Mr Negative/Danver5 infinite strike destruction team would get to it eventually, but I haven't got low level AI to mess with that one.

I like it because there are a ton of different directions to attack this from, since there are a ton of different tile buffers. I wanted to leave the tile types open, because some strategies only work with certain types.

I have some ideas about the most efficient teams at it, and I've been testing some stuff, but I have a feeling somebody is going to figure something out here that'll blow us all away.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm currently messing with Nightcrawler, Dark Phoenix, and Sersi in the first (no blue drops) node of puzzle gauntlet on the premise chasing match-5s that way will do it and it won't be dependent on turns cycling, but unfortunately all the strikes just keep getting matched away in the mess

• entrailbucket
    Options

I also have a feeling that which fight you choose to use in puzzle gauntlet will be very significant to this.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think Crystal is key here since she does %increase to a tile. Get a strong single tile fortified, then match green with Crystal

• entrailbucket
    Options

Ok, somebody's gonna break a million, then the question becomes -- what's the maximum the game allows?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Lol, that was quick…

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:

This is the limit it will not grow any bigger.

What team did you use? We need details!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I see Crystal. Wong, and Heimdall.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 March 2024, 13:08
    Options

Yeah Wong for heavy protects to start. Crystal to boost and Heimdall to protect them and force double matches.

Crystal will keep your team topped up just wait it out. Match out all other protects and then go for green. I forced this one my first try with that team.

edit* I’d like to see the strongest strike and attacks though. They will be much more difficult. I hit a 50k strike but then you just start to one shot everything.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 March 2024, 15:41
    Options

Clearly the game using signed 32 bit integers but then we already knew that from the last challenge :)

The only want to get those kind of strike or attack tile numbers would be against enemies who are immune to damage like Kacelius or some of the puzzle ops where enemies only take damage if X happens (where X is something like match a fortified tile).

KGB

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

For strikes and attacks an invisible enemy is probably the way to do it.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:
    Clearly the game using signed 32 bit integers but then we already knew that from the last challenge :)

The only want to get those kind of strike or attack tile numbers would be against enemies who are immune to damage like Kacelius or some of the puzzle ops where enemies only take damage if X happens (where X is something like match a fortified tile).

KGB

Need enemy BSSM with some protect spamming buffing friends.

Work with a friend to create a custom q in Sim ... then still need the AI to drive cooperatively .... Oof.

• entrailbucket
    edited 1 March 2024, 16:41
    Options

There are two fights in this puzzle gauntlet where enemies are immune to all damage. One has "no green tiles will fall," though, which probably means no Crystal (unless somebody gets very creative!)

Maybe this could be 3 challenges, one per tile type?

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

That embellished my day 😄

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

What's interesting about this one vs the Evo health challenge is that once Evo's health went over the cap, the game set it to 1. With special tiles it doesn't do that -- I wonder why that would be.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited 1 March 2024, 17:19
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    There are two fights in this puzzle gauntlet where enemies are immune to all damage. One has "no green tiles will fall," though, which probably means no Crystal (unless somebody gets very creative!)

That's A Change of Pace Round 2, and as well as no green it has Star Lord who will steal your SAPs