MPQ Developer Q&A February 2024 (QUESTIONS)

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 128 Tile Toppler

It's time for our monthly Developer Q & A with the team behind Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Apologies for the delay, we've extended the period to collect your questions slightly into March.

We always look forward to addressing community feedback so please feel free to share with us your thoughts and suggestions. To help with our workflow, please be mindful of the following rules.

February Developer Q&A Google Form:
https://mpq.social/devqa

1. Max 1 Question:
    To ensure that we're able to answer as many questions as possible, questions are limited to 1 per player and a maximum of 250 characters.
  2. Copy Questions to original Q&A thread:
    To avoid duplicate questions, we kindly ask that you post your question to our Q&A forum thread to display them publicly for others to see here.
  3. Deadline to submit questions:
    12pm PST/8pm BST on March 7th.
  4. Answers posted:
    Week of March 11th
Tagged:

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,976 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 28 February 2024, 18:09
    Options

Can the Post Event vaults please be sorted by name.

I have so many of these and searching for a specific one means scrolling one at a time looking at the names which takes forever when you have 100 plus.

KGB

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wish they said its only open for a day, it would make me giggle. No questions this time because I'm not sure what the point is when they give vague answers.
    Although I do keep my answers vague for some questions like "could you hold my baby for me?"
    "Yeah for a bit"

• tylenol4
    tylenol4 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

Could we get a search filter by base star level? Lots of times that would be helpful, Nightcrawler "champ some 2 stars" quest certainly one of them.

Thanks

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    edited 28 February 2024, 22:13
    Options

Feature Request: pop-up message that appears during matches the instant you have completed a Quest (Daily, Events, or Milestone.) I feel like there are times I'm trying to match 15 yellow, purple, black, and team-up tiles and spent twice as long as I needed to, making 30-40 matches for each color. Can't rely on AP counts either because of Match-4/5, cap at 30 AP, passive powers, AP used to fire powers, etc.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,032 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are there any plans to release Red Skull this year, or ever? He is in pretty much every other marvel mobile game and not having Captain America's biggest foe seems like a pretty glaring omission.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Now that Ascension has rolled out, is there any thought to changing the number of covers needed to level up? It doesn’t seem reasonable to need 4 covers of a 1* and a 4* character to gain one level of their 5* version when 1* covers are so common.

And the secondary note to the team was…
    Can you increase the 250 characters to 500 or 750? I get trying to make questions succinct but 250 characters actually isn’t that much, lol. And the real reason behind my question is that I think it makes more sense to have a different ratio of covers per original level. It would make more sense if a 1* would need 2 covers to level up a 2*, and then 3 covers to level up a 3* (and 4-for-4*, 5-for-5)… but a 2 would need 2 covers to level up a 3* (and 3-for-4*, 4-for-5)… and a 3 would be 2-for-4*, 3-for-5… and that means a 4 would just need 2 covers to level up the 5… which feels more realistic compared to the 5 covers needed for a 1. Don’t you want 5s to increase around the same rate regardless of initial level?

• T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited 28 February 2024, 23:42
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    Feature Request: pop-up message that appears during matches the instant you have completed a Quest (Daily, Events, or Milestone.) I feel like there are times I'm trying to match 15 yellow, purple, black, and team-up tiles and spent twice as long as I needed to, making 30-40 matches for each color. Can't rely on AP counts either because of Match-4/5, cap at 30 AP, passive powers, AP used to fire powers, etc.

If you're a big fan of pop-up spam while doing pve then you should come over to slice 2. You'll love it.

If they fulfill your request I seriously hope they add a setting to turn it off.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Feature request: being able to sort or search for team ups when sending.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@T_REZ5000 said:

@meadowsweet said:

If you're a big fan of pop-up spam while doing pve then you should come over to slice 2. You'll love it.

If they fulfill your request I seriously hope they add a setting to turn it off.

[I don't want to derail the Q&A Thread, but...]

I'm not sure you understood my ask? I don't want them to try to sell me a $75 costume in the middle of a battle. I just want them to notify me that I made my 15th yellow match of the day and I no longer need to prioritize making yellow matches anymore. I can fire my team's powers and win the battle ASAP and move on with my day.

It would be 1-4 notifications per day, tops, and can just disappear after 3-4 seconds. It doesn't have to interrupt everything, take up the full screen, and force you to close it. I was thinking along the lines of the way they already notify you that you just leveled up a SHIELD Rank. And if you don't know what I'm referring to, it obviously hasn't bothered you that much.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

(Unpopular suggestion ahead :D )
    I play PvP on a regular basis and felt that the recent 'meta' trend of obnoxious/ annoying passives are all the rage, in that the worst part being the AI will always move later and rake in all the passive benefits in their 1st turn (*cough MThor *cough). Can we have, just for PvP, a sort of coin-toss thing to determine who goes 1st? I approach PvP akin to a chess game, which both sides will take turn to go 1st... Not sure if the current game engine can accommodate this or not...

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

How many 5-stars were updated in 2023? How many are planned to be updated in 2024?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Could search functionality be added to Supports? Trying to find a specific support is like something out of Dante's Seven Circles of HEL*L, Even just adding an alphabetical option would be fantastic to find a support. Thanks!

I asked this in October and this was the answer….

Answer: Good idea! I'll ask the devs to put it on the roadmap.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

It was said in late 2022 that there would be a focus on alliances and chat for 2024. When will see start seeing these changes/features?

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is there intentional design to "add to" the 5-star endgame for a reason to continue to play MPQ? With the 3/5 release and occasional 2-star, a new player could reasonably play in the lower SCLs in perpetuity and enjoy a healthy 3-star game.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are there plans to allow lower level dupe supports pulled from Puzzle Gauntlet tokens apply to our favorites like with other tokens?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

What are your plans to improve server stability and bandwidth for Boss Event start times? I have to say that it’s been a disappointment so far.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Mine:

5* Strange's revamp means that when the opposing team fires a Team-up, Strange no longer retaliates. No enemy actually takes damage. I preferred him retaliating against the character in front anyway, can you pls reverse these?

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

I just noticed that 2* Nightcrawler wasn't in this week's Sweet Taco Vault. Was that an oversight or is he waiting until later?