Can we have shards for 1 to 3* from LT's please because..

Options
Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards

Firstly out of the gate I'm not bored of the game yet but I have no idea what to do or how to play this game next. Ascension appears to have killed the 5* game for me. It appears to have flipped to building the lower tiers to 5*. I'm fine with that, the game has swapped from one you hoarded LT and CP to get latest 5*.

It's now looking like you want to get those lower tiers to even low 5* levels to surpass whats in the game already. LT's were set up to get you those 5* while building your 4* roster. Why not add shards to LT's so when you open them you get shards of a favourited 1,2 and 3* because I now feel like heroics and Elite tokens or even standards will benefit me more with how these lower tiers ascend.

I now have zero desire to chase my 5* roster but very few ways outside of buying a 2 to 4* ascended twice to progress those 2*. I understand why you didn't get shards for lower tiers from LT when shards were introduced but the game model has changed since then.

Can I please Fav 1 and 2* and have shards for 1-3* from Classics and LT?

Comments

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited 28 February 2024, 14:07
    Options

Ascension should have been built on shards, rather than on cover exchange rates. WOuld have been a much more flexible design space and more familiar to players. Would have allowed much more granular tuning as well, could have avoided the chunky, hamhanded nature of the exchange rate scheme. Avoided adding another thing to monitor to the character UI.

Since that didn't happen, the presumable roadblock was incorporating the two lower tiers into the shard system. Either BCS did not want to tackle that, or they didn't think of it. The latter seems unlikely. To me, anyway.

Since they didnt do it then .... yeah.

Low-tier shards from classics and LT??? shards for something those tokens dont drop ... odd. Tons of places to add such shards ... if they existed.

Have you been hitting the ascensions vaults?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited 28 February 2024, 14:34
    Options

I honestly sympathize with the OP on this. I, too, find myself favoring the sight of gold on token pulls anymore.

I’m not sure if that as intentional, but I care less about new 5’s as the breadth of my entire roster growing to that 5* level is more enticing.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How about the more you used them the faster they grew. Would make you use mire people

• JoeHandle
    Options

@slidecage said:
    How about the more you used them the faster they grew. Would make you use mire people

No, because that would dilute the growth of all. People would use as few as possible.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    I honestly sympathize with the OP on this. I, too, find myself favoring the sight of gold on token pulls anymore.

I’m not sure if that as intentional, but I care less about new 5’s as the breadth of my entire roster growing to that 5* level is more enticing.

I agree with this, and I think it's actually a much-needed course correction for the game overall.

Ever since the launch of the 5* tier, 5* characters have been so far ahead of the other tiers that those other tiers became completely worthless outside of essentials. This is a problem for MPQ, because their business model is selling roster slots. Ascension instantly turned every single character into a viable threat in the endgame.

What we're observing now, and what your post speaks to, is the fact that what was optimal for most of the game's history is no longer optimal. The major roster building strategies always revolved around maximizing 5* (and specifically, the strongest 5*) and generally ignoring everybody else. That's no longer the case.

The question is: will players actually adapt? Since the start of the 5* boosted era, it's clearly been suboptimal to target one or two 5* vs a broad range of characters, but very few players at the highest levels have adjusted their strategy -- they're sticking to the old ways. Will a new consensus post-Ascension strategy emerge, or will folks stick to what they've done forever?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I wish they introduced increased odds to 3-stars since dilution is inevitable.

• slidecage
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

@slidecage said:

No, because that would dilute the growth of all. People would use as few as possible.

Wouldnt you use more cause once you got your top 3 to 550. You would use others .. wouldn't u .. I know there are tons of people I don't use cause they are under level and never get covers shards for them

• JoeHandle
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    I wish they introduced increased odds to 3-stars since dilution is inevitable.

Well they have crazy increased odds for those new releases, so why not?

Ofc you can create your own visa favoriting, 3* shards flow freely.

• JoeHandle
    Options

@slidecage said:

@JoeHandle said:

@slidecage said:

Wouldnt you use more cause once you got your top 3 to 550. You would use others .. wouldn't u .. I know there are tons of people I don't use cause they are under level and never get covers shards for them

In the end players will use what's most efficient, what wins most while taking least damage.

Playing with weaker characters because I have to in order for them to gain levels .... Yikes. I prefer the existing paradigm. Let weak characters exist in the background as reward bags. Let the rotating boosts shake up what gets used. I'm using a much larger rotation now than ever before, post ascension. And working on more characters than ever before.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@slidecage said:

This breaks...like, everything. Why would I buy covers or tokens, when guys improve just by grinding the prologue or whatever? What's the point of earning covers, tokens, or CP in rewards, when I can level up guys by using them in fights?

It just creates a totally different game. Maybe for MPQ 2.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@slidecage said:

This breaks...like, everything. Why would I buy covers or tokens, when guys improve just by grinding the prologue or whatever? What's the point of earning covers, tokens, or CP in rewards, when I can level up guys by using them in fights?

Shout out to a fellow Magikarp rancher. Put that fish in front, swap it out for somebody better, and eventually he becomes a Gyardos. Or just wait till they are selling Gyardoses I guess

• slidecage
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@slidecage said:

After what 10. Plus years doubt there be a 2 lol

Point would be it moves so slow it would take you maybe like 3 months or maybe month to earn a cover at least you have a reason to use them

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I still think you should earn say 10 shards (Other numbers are available) once per day for using a character. Would encourage wide use of rosters and without breaking anything, yeah some people could spend all day using every single character on their roster and fair enough to those that would, but they aren’t gaining a massive advantage.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

The question is: will players actually adapt? Since the start of the 5* boosted era, it's clearly been suboptimal to target one or two 5* vs a broad range of characters, but very few players at the highest levels have adjusted their strategy -- they're sticking to the old ways. Will a new consensus post-Ascension strategy emerge, or will folks stick to what they've done forever?

That's my point. I want to adapt but cannot because I cannot target 1 and 2* like I can other tiers, I also can't get enough tokens unless I fall in the standings.

So add more of the lower tokens to the higher placements and shards and favs. Then I can adapt. I can then ignore my 2000 pulls in the 4-5 tier and work on the power creep in the lower tiers.

I'd already started to adapt, I don't champ 4* and haven't for ages. I have something like 35 sitting unchamped that add nothing to my game.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

That's my point. I want to adapt but cannot because I cannot target 1 and 2* like I can other tiers, I also can't get enough tokens unless I fall in the standings.

So add more of the lower tokens to the higher placements and shards and favs. Then I can adapt. I can then ignore my 2000 pulls in the 4-5 tier and work on the power creep in the lower tiers.

I'd already started to adapt, I don't champ 4* and haven't for ages. I have something like 35 sitting unchamped that add nothing to my game.

Those 2000 pulls and unchampioned 4* can make a bunch of 4->5 ascended, and the vast majority of those guys are great when boosted.

You can't target 1 and 2* individually, but I don't think targeting characters individually is a good strategy anymore. 1->5 Juggernaut isn't all that great at 550, he really needs to be 672 to excel.

You can farm 1 and 2* covers pretty easily by playing a ton of PvP fights.

What I'm saying is NOT that we should adapt by targeting the strongest 2* characters instead of targeting the strongest 5* characters. I'm saying we should build broad rosters that have high level boosted guys available every week.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 February 2024, 07:15
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

Those 2000 pulls and unchampioned 4* can make a bunch of 4->5 ascended, and the vast majority of those guys are great when boosted.

You can't target 1 and 2* individually, but I don't think targeting characters individually is a good strategy anymore. 1->5 Juggernaut isn't all that great at 550, he really needs to be 672 to excel.

What I'm saying is NOT that we should adapt by targeting the strongest 2* characters instead of targeting the strongest 5* characters. I'm saying we should build broad rosters that have high level boosted guys available every week.

Problem is, you kinda just have to 550 all the 1* characters and you're set, because they're boosted so often.
    I mean I enjoy my 672 Peggy, but I can get almost the same results with 1* Spidey this week.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

Problem is, you kinda just have to 550 all the 1* characters and you're set, because they're boosted so often.
    I mean I enjoy my 672 Peggy, but I can get almost the same results with 1* Spidey this week.

Sorta. Some of the 1* aren't great even at 550 (Iron Man, Hawkeye), and there will be situations where synergy with the feature or the rest of the boost list makes someone else a better option.

Also, having a 5* version of the feature character is a total game-changer that's going to give you a massive advantage in nearly every case.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5* 3s will take anyone that isn't, well, us, years.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

Exactly, if you aren't buying ascended you aren't getting those tokens very quickly at all. I know I wasn't flipping a 3 star in the farm more than once per year. So work that out without having a favourite system or shards in higher tokens. I can definitely get 100 covers on a four star in the quarter of the time I can get 100 on a 3*.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    5* 3s will take anyone that isn't, well, us, years.

Actually asking, because I can't figure out why you think this -- why would our rate of 3* acquisition be higher than any other player?