Automatic SKIP team??

Options

What team do you automatically skip as soon as you see them pop up in simulator?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

None.
    There are counters for everything.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nice try but I’m not about to tell you who to run.

Er, I mean Gwenom and 5 Peggy. And Havok for pick 3.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's really no team like that in the current metagame.

The evergreen answer to this question is "teams that aren't worth very many points," though.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    None.

There's a difference between "a counter to that character / team exists in the game" and "I have the counter(s) leveled up sufficiently on my roster to defeat your boosted 550(s)"

• entrailbucket
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@Bowgentle said:
    None.

There's a difference between "a counter to that character / team exists in the game" and "I have the counter(s) leveled up sufficiently on my roster to defeat your boosted 550(s)"

No boosted characters in sim though! Anyway we're in a very offensive metagame post-Chasm, so there are fewer obnoxious defensive sim teams, and the ones that are left basically all get stomped by Thor.

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@meadowsweet said:

@Bowgentle said:
    None.

No boosted characters in sim though! Anyway we're in a very offensive metagame post-Chasm, so there are fewer obnoxious defensive sim teams, and the ones that are left basically all get stomped by Thor.

When I posed my question I was really thinking more along the lines of, not necessarily boosted, but just higher level 5* champs. A 475-500 Okoye team, for example, against a 450-460 team. But I don’t play Simulator much so I’m not sure if I would see unboosted characters that high like I occasionally do in regular PvP’s.

If not then, like you say, Thor pretty much levels the board.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

There are certain teams i still skip, even though i have the counter team, because to me, it's not worth the effort... :#

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Any team with Bagman.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I tend to skip all teams in SHIELD Sim because I don't really play it because it is a tedious waste of time.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    When I posed my question I was really thinking more along the lines of, not necessarily boosted, but just higher level 5* champs. A 475-500 Okoye team, for example, against a 450-460 team. But I don’t play Simulator much so I’m not sure if I would see unboosted characters that high like I occasionally do in regular PvP’s.

If not then, like you say, Thor pretty much levels the board.

The only real defense is adding more levels to you best chars.

Most defensive teams with a 50+ level advantage (over the offensive team) is gonna cost you at least 1 healthpack and your boosting. A defensive team with a 20 level advantage is usually a 50-50 % with the offensive team (going first) having a nice advantage (Part of why Chasm was so tough, losing first turn advantage is crippling).

Once your offensive team is at par levels or higher than the defensive team, then the odds are stacked in favor of the offensive team.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I tend to skip all teams in SHIELD Sim because I don't really play it because it is a tedious waste of time.

This is also an excellent answer! They really need to update the rewards, or apply a boosted list to it, or SOMETHING, to make it either worthwhile or fun -- currently it's neither.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

This is also an excellent answer! They really need to update the rewards, or apply a boosted list to it, or SOMETHING, to make it either worthwhile or fun -- currently it's neither.

100%

Outside of the stone chase, Shield Sim has lost value to booth new and old users.

From a New user perspective, the 4* at 2000 has long been obsoleted by the ease of 4/5 acquisition in other phases of the game. Remember the original pace was to INTRODUCING a new color for a 4* and you absolutely need the season sim cover to complete and champ a char (13 covers!!!)

From an old user perspective, Your only participating because you need to post points for the alliance, need a pvp win for quests or getting the last cover is just ingrained habit.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

I don't have any auto-skip teams. But teams that create long matches or will require health packs even when I win... I skip here and there.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I like Shield Sim.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1* cover drops, that's the reason to play ssim.

• Carnage1484
    Carnage1484 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

Ascended Moondragon and Ihulk are definitely there. Without stunning Moon regularly its a loss.

• Jash735
    edited 26 February 2024, 23:40
    Options

@Phumade said:
    The only real defense is adding more levels to you best chars.

Most defensive teams with a 50+ level advantage (over the offensive team) is gonna cost you at least 1 healthpack and your boosting. A defensive team with a 20 level advantage is usually a 50-50 % with the offensive team (going first) having a nice advantage (Part of why Chasm was so tough, losing first turn advantage is crippling).

Once your offensive team is at par levels or higher than the defensive team, then the odds are stacked in favor of the offensive team.

I just saw a team in the NC PvP w/ a 511 Okoye and some useless 4* (may have even been a 3*) that I killed in 1 or 2 matches, and a NC that only had 4,000 health (so not even the loaner).

I obliterated them in about 4 matches w/ my boosted HEvo and Thor team. But in sim, with my 5’s all around 455, and the Okoye team possibly having another champed 5, I probably would have skipped them.

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Agreed!

@MgoBlue51 said:
    I don't have any auto-skip teams. But teams that create long matches or will require health packs even when I win... I skip here and there.

Burning through health packs is the main reason I’ve always tended to shy away from PvP in general. It’s only now that I’m firmly in 5* land that I’ve begun to play it quite a bit more.

They definitely need to update the PvP rewards, in general, IMO. I can grind most PvP for all the rewards now, but burning health packs and minimal ISO still make it far less attractive to me compared to PvE progress and placement rewards.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just saw a team in the NC PvP w/ a 511 Okoye and some useless 4* (may have even been a 3*) that I killed in 1 or 2 matches, and a NC that only had 4,000 health (so not even the loaner).

I obliterated them in about 4 matches w/ my boosted HEvo and Thor team. But in sim, with my 5’s all around 455, and the Okoye team possibly having another champed 5, I probably would have skipped them.

That was a grill team. Okoye is popular to use and it was a 4* (or a 3 ascended to 4) and usually the loaner but in this case the loaner has more health than the one most would have on there roster.

• Jash735
    Options

What do you mean by a grill team?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    What do you mean by a grill team?

Players who coordinate with each other in PvP use a bunch of nonsensical food metaphors to describe certain strategies.

In this case, a player purposely put an easy team on defense, to give their teammates an easy match.