Support shards rewrds in PVP rewards

Options

Should the shards be transferred to wildshards if I have the support on five stars?
As I know when you pull a support from a token and you have the support on five stars already, the shards will be transferred to wildshards.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 February 2024, 01:58
    Options

Yes. But it's at a ratio of 1-2 so for every 2 duplicate shards you get 1 wildcard shard.

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 February 2024, 02:25
    Options

That is what happened for me. (Converted to wildcards and applied to my fave.)

However some people are reporting problems so I would track it if you get support shards from pvp, or wherever, for a R5 to make sure they go to your fave as wildcards.

My pet theory is if you have an R5 that has shards on it that you didn’t use (you pulled the R5 before you could gather enough shards to add a level that way, but you can’t see the unused shards and it doesn’t really matter, but they are still there) it causes issues for the system and it applies the support shards to the R5 anyway with no effect or way to see it happened. Or, this might be happening sometimes for some people.

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

@bluewolf said:

However some people are reporting problems so I would track it if you get support shards from pvp, or wherever, for a R5 to make sure they go to your fave as wildcards.

My pet theory is if you have an R5 that has shards on it that you didn’t use (you pulled the R5 before you could gather enough shards to add a level that way, but you can’t see the unused shards and it doesn’t really matter, but they are still there) it causes issues for the system and it applies the support shards to the R5 anyway with no effect or way to see it happened. Or, this might be happening sometimes for some people.

I am 100% certain that the shards obtained from pulling tokens will be converted to wildshards. However, regarding the shards from PvP rewards, I've noticed that they are credited exclusively to the support, even if it's already at R5. These shards are not converted to wildshards. Although this may not be visible when tapping on the support, it becomes apparent when tapping on the shard rewards. For instance, I have observed my R5 displaying 'shards 250/0,' with 50 from progress and 200 from placement.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 February 2024, 13:53
    Options

@CallTheStorm said:

@bluewolf said:

I am 100% certain that the shards obtained from pulling tokens will be converted to wildshards. However, regarding the shards from PvP rewards, I've noticed that they are credited exclusively to the support, even if it's already at R5. These shards are not converted to wildshards. Although this may not be visible when tapping on the support, it becomes apparent when tapping on the shard rewards. For instance, I have observed my R5 displaying 'shards 250/0,' with 50 from progress and 200 from placement.

This happened for the first PvP event, the one with the RTF shards. At that point the game didn't have the mechanism to convert the shards to wildshards (this happened to me because I have a R5 RTF). But with the current release that issue is supposed to be fixed. If your issue is indeed from the first PvP with the RTF, and you really want those shards then you'll need to contact customer service about it.

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 February 2024, 14:57
    Options

@CallTheStorm said:

@bluewolf said:

I haven't yet received Support shards from PVP for an R5 support, so I'm not sure what will or will not work for me. I only have 4 R5 supports so far and only one has been ranked up from support shards.

When I click on the PVP reward icons for the Bishop PVP it just displays the support I have with the current shards (in this case Ancestral Plane with 150/1600).

My recommendation for people who have R5 supports for upcoming PVP rewards is to take screenshots of your favored support before you earn them so you can be sure what happened and report to CS if needed. I find it sort of difficult to remember whatever random number of shards I have on a support, and do the math in my head of the shard conversion and determine after the reward is received whether I got the right amount.

While it seems like PVP reward shards and vault reward shards would process the same way, it obviously is not necessarily the case. So maybe the vault shards worked right but PVP would not.

• CallTheStorm
    Options

Confirmed the support shards from PvP rewards(progress or placement) will NOT be converted to wildshards.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well that kinda sucks.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

@CallTheStorm said:
    Confirmed the support shards from PvP rewards(progress or placement) will NOT be converted to wildshards.

I’m not sure what you linked there, but it worked for me today. You don’t get a notification, but you should get the shards. I just got my 7th PVP win which included 50 Sanctum shards. My Sanctum is rank5. I currently have Tinkerer as my favorite. I had 1510 shards before the win. After the win I have 1535, so I got the 25 wildcard shards that I expected. If you got a different result, you should open a ticket.

• CallTheStorm
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@CallTheStorm said:

I’m not sure what you linked there, but it worked for me today. You don’t get a notification, but you should get the shards. I just got my 7th PVP win which included 50 Sanctum shards. My Sanctum is rank5. I currently have Tinkerer as my favorite. I had 1510 shards before the win. After the win I have 1535, so I got the 25 wildcard shards that I expected. If you got a different result, you should open a ticket.

I have to admit it's my fault. I haven't looked into my favoured support closely. The extra five star support shards do convert to wildshards by a ratio 2:1. Thanks.
    Case is closed.