Issues with the Emma chain offer

Options
System
System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: What's New MPQ - February 2024 (Updated 02/09/24).

Comments

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options

Talk about terrible customer service. I purchased the chain offers for 125 Emma3* covers for $80 and got the rest of the stuff, but not a single cover. Opened a ticket and they told me to send proof that I purchased. First of all, they should be able to look and see that I did, but I sent the receipts anyway. The credit card statements showed as pending. They told me to send receipts once they aren’t pending anymore. Sent them a message back telling them that I can’t force the Apple Card to push through any faster. They let several hours go by and don’t respond anymore. Now it’s the weekend and it’ll be days before I can hear anything. I’ve spent way too much money on this game and now they don’t deliver the product I purchased and then treat me like this? It was their mistake to begin with and I jumped through the hoops they wanted and they still blow me off. Guess it will save me money in the long run. If they won’t deliver what I buy and then treat me like **** after they screwed up, I’ll just keep my money in the future.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This isn't discussed on the forums so far but ALL offers/rewards that use the uh... purple star, human, block? icon appear to be bugged at times. Usually in the case of users simply not getting rewards from that segment of the offer at all. Lots of reports from people on LINE.

(heavy speculation warning!) My suspicion is that this uses the same mechanism as the new "choice" type reward but instead of offering a choice it defaults to the only available option which somehow really screws things up.

• Jinx
    Options

The error is mildly annoying, but what got me angry enough to take to the forums is their reaction. Making me jump through hoops to prove my purchase and then blowing me off when I do and letting the matter sit for the whole weekend. All because someone was too lazy to go in and just give me the rewards I purchased. That’s not how you treat people. I pay for VIP and usually make 1-2 purchases from offers like this every month. Not anymore.

• Jinx
    Options

This is ultimately probably a good thing. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game. I needed something to snap me out of that terrible habit.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you are someone who sometimes or often spends, you know the itch....you play the PVE, you play PVP as you want, then you look at your roster.....seems so stale....you want that bump, maybe another few levels on ______ will make a difference in your play..... you look at the offers and decide which one seems best....you talk yourself into a purchase, it seems too good to pass up, etc.

You are buying out of habit, most likely, or some attempt to keep up with the dozens to hundreds to thousands of players who are somewhat comparable to you, roster-wise. (depends where you are in the game etc). A futile quest.

And/or chasing a dopamine hit as a bunch of things - better than most reward clumps in the game - can be delivered in exchange for currency.

As you say, it's a habit. An addicting one. Each purchase fades into the background. I bet you can look at your roster and many times not be sure where these levels came from, when you got that costume, etc.

It is always wise to evaluate habits one has formed, periodically.

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hey @Jinx saw this post and wanted to follow up. If it didn't get resolved shoot me a DM and I'll see what I can do. Sorry about the less than great experience :(

• Jinx
    Options

Now 5 days with no response at all. They’ve taken my money, been provided proof of purchase multiple times, not delivered the product, and now completely ignored me for 5 days. Wondering if I should shut down my current ticket and open a new one in hopes of getting a different representative that will actually respond.

• Jinx
    Options

Actually, now that I look, I don’t see how I could open a new thread with CS. Seems I can only have one open at a time and there’s no way to end this one.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx Did you DM DevpoolMPQ? Seems more productive than posting and complaining into the void....just some friendly advice.

• Jinx
    Options

Yup. No response. Finally found the main website through the App Store and contacted them. Just got my covers.