MKM Spoiler #1

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards

Our next set, Murders at Karlov Manor, is all about unfolding mysteries.

Here we introduce our first detective. Not even death freed him from duty - so Agrus Kos won't let any suspects go free!

But who is a suspect?

Suspect is a new evergreen that grants the abilities from two other previously existing evergreens. When a creature becomes a suspect, it gains “Menace” and “Can’t Block”.

Pay attention: the reverse is not true. A creature that has both “Can’t Block” and “Menace” due to some other effect doesn’t gain Suspect, and if an effect removes Menace from a creature, it won’t remove Suspect.

“This Creature has Menace and Can’t Block”

Suspects are dangerous. Keep an eye out for them! (or use them for your own purposes)
Who will prevail? Agrus Kos' justice or some sneaky assassin(s)?

Comments

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can't wait to flicker this dude

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

And that body at that cost is pretty decent too. Flickering him sounds sweet!

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

He's a beefy boy isn't he

• Evil_Louie
    Evil_Louie Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

I know I'm old and everything but wth :p is a flicker?

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 22 February 2024, 13:07
    Options

Is Agrus really going to be a 5/7 double-strike with big-creature removal every other round for just 12 mana?!?
    If so, I think that is an insane power creep.

I totally get that red needs something powerful (red creatures have been so weak for so long), but white really doesn’t need more help. If you hold firm on this, I see a lot of combos in white involving Agrus and he will be a stable with my white PW

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Power Creep in white?? Perish the thought!!

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Mainloop25 said:
    Power Creep in white?? Perish the thought!!

I think it's perfectly ok to power creep some creatures as long as they aren't top tier... Agrus isn't going to ruin your day in Standard in the same way as Blossoming Tortoise, or Ghalta, or Tainted Adversary, or Bladecoil Serpent might. I certainly don't ant to see Elite packs with more Syr Gingers in them.