Marvel Puzzle Quest R296 Release Notes

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

“Spider = No. Man = ???…”

• Black History Month is here! Celebrate with Daily Play tokens all month long!
  • Love is in the air! Play with your favorite power couples for even more Daily Play tokens this Valentine’s Day! (Starting Feb 10)
  • Ring in the Year of the Dragon with exclusive Lunar New Year discounts on limited vaults and bundles! (Ending Feb 24)
  • Support shards gained for Rank 5 Supports will now auto-convert into Wildcard Support shards.

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The clue 'No. Man' is gotta be Madame Web given the movie is about to be released.

KGB

• concillado
    concillado Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

No Way Home.
    Spider = No. Man = Way Home.

Me = Clueless. :D

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Man-Spider

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:
    “Spider = No. Man = ???…”

• Ring in the Year of the Dragon with exclusive Lunar New Year discounts on limited vaults and bundles! (Ending Feb 24)

1) Spider-Man Noir
    2) Check out the diversity in the vault to see the breadth of Asian characters... Oh wait... Seriously, though. The vault token characters are "moon" related, yet Silk (Cindy Moon) is left off... You have Shang, Wong, and Sersi; and they're not the featured 5*. You have avatars of death and destruction (MK and Apoc) to celebrate the joy of New Year's... So, what are we acknowledging/celebrating...

Flag away if you must...

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:

@Waddles_Pines said:
    1) Spider-Man Noir
    2) Check out the diversity in the vault to see the breadth of Asian characters... Oh wait... Seriously, though. The vault token characters are "moon" related, yet Silk (Cindy Moon) is left off... You have Shang, Wong, and Sersi; and they're not the featured 5*. You have avatars of death and destruction (MK and Apoc) to celebrate the joy of New Year's... So, what are we acknowledging/celebrating...

Flag away if you must...

Really appreciate your DM as well as mentioning it here since it wasn't something we intended.

Those are a few oversights on our end in this area and I want to let you know that we're learning from the mistakes to ensure that future planning will do a much better job being both culturally sensitive & inclusive of the themes that we're celebrating.

Appreciate it @S0kun

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    edited 13 February 2024, 23:32
    Options

I've just been reading the madame Webb reviews, Sony need to stop with this SSU.
    I can't even get past the first 20 minutes of Morbius. I can only come up with that it was written by someone's child

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I've just been reading the madame Webb reviews, Sony need to stop with this SSU.
    I can't even get past the first 20 minutes of Morbius. I can only come up with that it was written by someone's child

Lol.

I think this same thing more and more.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I had such high hopes after the glorious, ludicrous disaster that was Venom!

• ThisisClemFandango
    edited 14 February 2024, 00:31
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

I had such high hopes after the glorious, ludicrous disaster that was Venom!

I'm also a loser on my planet

This is the symbiote that says this.

One of the few movies I've walked out of.
    & I'm a marvel nerd for gods sake.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Venom and Venom 2 are miracles of badness saved by the unholy deal Tom Hardy made with the devil to become one of the greatest actors of the current generation.

Everything else Sony does with Marvel properties is amateurish nonsense that can't even be considered cash grabs because they're so bad that no one even bothers to see them.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

OK that made me lol
    I know marvel studios haven't had a great track record just recently but Sony are on another level
    My nephew said he loved carnage in venom 2, I still haven't spoken with him since

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,347 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 February 2024, 02:21
    Options

Hey, I watched Morbius….on Netflix.

Sony keeps making these things because they have very few four-quadrant-ready IPs that they own. And there's some need to keep making Spidey related films to keep the rights, but I'm not sure what the terms of that are.

The only thing that comes close to Spidey is Ghostbusters. Men in Black, kind of? but there seems to be no interest in that after the last one bombed. Anyway they obviously feel the need to keep trying to make some of these things....stick....since they have had a couple that brought in a lot of money (Venom and Venom 2).

Later this year we will be treated to Kraven the Hunter. And Venom 3.

Some others Spider-adjacent films in various stages of production:

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse (OK, this is definitely worth making)
    No Way Home sequel (duh)
    Untitled live-action Miles Morales film - hopefully they make a real effort here
    and:
    El Muerto
    Jackpot
    Nightwatch
    Spider-Women (apparently animated)

There are numerous Spidey-universe projects that have been abandoned as well.

woo-hoo

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Hopefully, whichever Spider woman character this is, is better than the Madame Web movie is likely based on, appears to be.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

I wish I could post some plot spoilers, because from what I've read it's extraordinary.
    Can't wait for Ryan George to do his pitch meeting
    "So you have a new Sony spiderman film for me...."

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 February 2024, 16:24
    Options

I'm guessing it's a Spider-man that's definitely not a spider and only questionably a man?

Superior Spider-Man sorta kinda fits.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 February 2024, 20:05
    Options

Spiders-Man. The collection of sentient spiders that form one spider man. They are spiders and no man.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That's horrifying.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    That's horrifying.

It really is!

While I guess you can say that they're not "spider" since they're many spiders, I suspect that's a bit too much like splitting hairs for the clue.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Spider-Boy (Not a man)