Roster advice needed.

Options

I feel like my roster is in a weird place right now. I have been applying ISO to new 5* covers (w/ some exceptions), and spending it on the last of my 4*’s in between to finish champing them focusing on new releases 1st.

Here is my 5* roster:

This is the top of my 4* roster:

And these are my 4*’s (besides NS needing 1 cover and not counting SHam) that just need ISO:

I guess my question is, at this point should I just pump ISO into the rest of the 4’s to get them all champed, then focus on 5’s? Should I just keep doing what I have been, or should I start focusing on ascending any certain 4’s to 5’s?

I have Apocalypse favorited right now needing only 250 to be able to champ. I thought maybe Colossus, Electro, HE, or Thanos to favorite next or should I consider raising someone like Okoye so she tanks?

I play all PvE and generally am T50 on level 10. I’m not as avid a player in PvP, although I find I’m playing it a LOT more recently. I usually play level 8 thinking it should be easier, I’ve played level 10 a few times recently and it seems, if anything, easier… I think I would play PvP even more the further I progress my roster. My main hang up with it right now is that I burn through a lot of health packs while playing.

I’m wide open to any advice on what to do at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 February 2024, 04:59
    Options

The CL you choose in PvP has no effect on the opponents you see.

Unless you have a very good reason (ie you're coordinating with others and can guarantee yourself #1 placement) you should always choose the highest PvP CL you can access.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 February 2024, 06:13
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    I feel like my roster is in a weird place right now. I have been applying ISO to new 5* covers (w/ some exceptions), and spending it on the last of my 4*’s in between to finish champing them focusing on new releases 1st.

This is the top of my 4* roster:

I guess my question is, at this point should I just pump ISO into the rest of the 4’s to get them all champed, then focus on 5’s? Should I just keep doing what I have been, or should I start focusing on ascending any certain 4’s to 5’s?

I have Apocalypse favorited right now needing only 250 to be able to champ. I thought maybe Colossus, Electro, HE, or Thanos to favorite next or should I consider raising someone like Okoye so she tanks?

I play all PvE and generally am T50 on level 10. I’m not as avid a player in PvP, although I find I’m playing it a LOT more recently. I usually play level 8 thinking it should be easier, I’ve played level 10 a few times recently and it seems, if anything, easier… I think I would play PvP even more the further I progress my roster. My main hang up with it right now is that I burn through a lot of health packs while playing.

I’m wide open to any advice on what to do at the moment. Thanks in advance!

The main thing I would mention is shoot for a T25 placement in pvp. You need to focus on developing a consistent volume of reward covers, So T50 pve, T25 pvp at your highest SCL should be your baseline objective as someone who wants to be champ them all.

While you you always want to get the 13 5* covers before they leave LL, you don't actually need to invest iso to level them to 450. You'll inevitably find a group of 4-5 chars that work well for your playstyle and those should be leveled up. but the vast majority can be left minimally leveled. Your overall rate of growth will be better served by getting your 4* farms up and running.

The major milestones now are:
    1. champed the overwhelming majority of chars in 4* tier.
    2. get to net iso positive status. (You'll more or less have everything champed and farming)

Realistically, every 5 or 6 seasons, you'll want to focus on growing a 5*, but otherwise champ your 4* as fast as you can.

edit, the main thing is chase tokens in LRs, do high volume of matches if you have time etc... farming tokens is a big deal in your situation.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would say that you don't want to pump ISO into a 5 that doesn't have enough covers to champ. (There are exceptions but not many).

If you delay champing your 4s you will slow your roster growth since you aren't get the champ rewards for those 4s.

Before I got ISO positive the ISO target order for me was.

Champable 5s -> Champable 4s -> 2 and 3 farm heroes -> Then any featured 4 that might need to be used.

In your case hit the 4s with the most shards first.

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    edited 9 February 2024, 20:09
    Options

Thanks @entrailbucket
    That makes sense, level 10 only from now on.

And I guess I will concentrate on finishing off my 4’s 1st before I dump any more ISO into 5’s. I need about 4.2 million ISO and 1 NS cover to finish having them all champed (not counting SH and the newest Angela).

At a minimum of 50k ISO a day, that should take about 3 months. Realistically I think it should take more like a month, month and a half…

Thanks everyone!

• Jash735
    edited 9 February 2024, 20:39
    Options

Also, once I finish off my 4’s, my 5’s are kinda in a place where there’s not a lot of characters that I’m super interested in.

So would I be better served by pumping shards into, say, Okoye (she is only 450 and doesn’t tank with my other 5’s) or even Apocalypse who I’m only 200 shards from champing?

Or should I start thinking about 4* ascensions of certain characters? I feel like I have been seeing a lot of that in the PvP that I do play.

I generally favorite a 4* who is the feeder to the 5* I have favorited at the time. But I could start pumping 4* shards into max champing and covering a 2nd for ascension.

My main PvE team currently is MThor, SC, and Karnak. I also use Deathlok, Polaris/RG, Medusa, and America quite a bit.

Although, Polaris, RG, and Medusa are my saved team for the 4* DD node so I’m a little on the fence about not having a 4* version of those 3.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At your stage, apoc is a better> @Jash735 said:

Also, once I finish off my 4’s, my 5’s are kinda in a place where there’s not a lot of characters that I’m super interested in.

So would I be better served by pumping shards into, say, Okoye (she is only 450 and doesn’t tank with my other 5’s) or even Apocalypse who I’m only 200 shards from champing?

Or should I start thinking about 4* ascensions of certain characters? I feel like I have been seeing a lot of that in the PvP that I do play.

I generally favorite a 4* who is the feeder to the 5* I have favorited at the time. But I could start pumping 4* shards into max champing and covering a 2nd for ascension.

My main PvE team currently is MThor, SC, and Karnak. I also use Deathlok, Polaris/RG, Medusa, and America quite a bit.

Although, Polaris, RG, and Medusa are my saved team for the 4* DD node so I’m a little on the fence about not having a 4* version of those 3.

3 areas to consider.

1. Okoye/colour tanking. Really think about the 3rd color match values in terms of who tanks over who. Every situation is slightly different, so I'm not going to give you specific directives other than, having your lead char tank all 3 primary colors is a big deal in how teams will play. Once you settle on your lead "meta combo" you will want to level so that your main chars tanks colors as appropriate.

2. If your willing to spend $, then certainly 4* ascension is viable. (especially via the 1* variant route). but if your just relying on your natural play rewards, then NO! don't worry about the ascension pathways. That is really for the ultra long term player/buyer. your going to be better off getting all farms started rather then prioritizing ascension targets. I personally suspect even the T10/T10 reward players are not getting enough reward volume and honestly alot of them have big hoards / pull stacks to start with. I.e. your only see the tip of the iceberg. These guys have DEEP stacks of unopened tokens, pulls, gold and cp.

3. Honestly, you should just use alternates and learn additional chars for deadpool daily. yes, its disruptive to have have your normal routine combos blocked because of ascension, but I'm sure you have plenty of other chars that can easily win that matchup.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, I have trouble believing someone who's able to would skip ascending guys because of DDQ. DDQ is so ridiculously easy that you can do it with, like, literally anybody. Base level characters, unchampioned characters, whatever -- these fights are trivial.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If I were you, I'd pump shards into Apocalypse to get him champed, into Colossus to get him champed, and then levels for Okoye so you can start using her in PvE with Omega Red and Gorr.

Someone in my alliance did the Okoye math and, with some notable exceptions, you need her 22 levels higher than her teammates to guarantee she tanks Red, Yellow, and Black.

• Jash735
    Options

Ok, yeah I’m probably just being lazy. That’s a dumb reason to hold back ascension. I can easily find another team for that.

As far as Okoye goes I really only champed her bc everyone else had her, or told me she was good. But honestly, I haven’t really found a team I like very much yet for using her. IDK, maybe it’s my tendency for avoiding team up matches bc I hardly ever use team ups.

I have been using Apoc, IHulk, and OR on all the easy and non-tile mover nodes the last few events and I’m finding them to be pretty fast.

• Borstock
    Options

Okoye, Omega Red, Gorr is, in my opinion and experience, the fastest PvE team for pick-3 nodes. I also use Okoye and Omega Red for the 3* and 4* required nodes. For the 5* and Challenge node you need to switch it up. The health pools are generally too large at that point.

• Jash735
    Options

I’ve tried playing around with Gorr in a few configurations, but for some reason he just confuses me. Maybe I just need to give him more of a chance, though.

And to raise Okoye another 25+ levels (she’s 450 and OR is 453) seems like it would take forever.

• Borstock
    Options

@Jash735 said:
    I’ve tried playing around with Gorr in a few configurations, but for some reason he just confuses me. Maybe I just need to give him more of a chance, though.

And to raise Okoye another 25+ levels (she’s 450 and OR is 453) seems like it would take forever.

There's a store available for the next two weeks that includes Okoye.

• Jash735
    edited 10 February 2024, 23:29
    Options

Apocalypse is in there as well! For sure will be dumping all of my CP into that one.

I also snagged the 250 shards for her in the Black History Month vault today which bumped her up to 451.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Okoye, Omega Red, Gorr is, in my opinion and experience, the fastest PvE team for pick-3 nodes.

I've been using the ascended version of the classic Polaris, Juggs, Grocket team a bit and subjectively it feels faster - I don't have Okoye at 550 though.

• Borstock
    edited 11 February 2024, 19:24
    Options

@DrClever said:

@Borstock said:
    Okoye, Omega Red, Gorr is, in my opinion and experience, the fastest PvE team for pick-3 nodes.

I've been using the ascended version of the classic Polaris, Juggs, Grocket team a bit and subjectively it feels faster - I don't have Okoye at 550 though.

Mine is at level 545, and I have the RTF maxed, so that's probably helping me. What I like about Gorr and Omega Red is that there attacks come out very quickly, whereas you kindve have to sit there and wait for all the Polaris stuff to resolve.

You absolutely could be right. But on the very rare occasions where I go for placement, the only people who consistently beat me are the 550 monster rosters.