Is vip worth the 10 per month if not what would make it worth it

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 2,898 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 8 February 2024, 16:35 in MPQ General Discussion

I will admit I have not looked into this much and away from pc so can't bring up game .. right now though I don't think it's worth the 10 per month

Play another game that could cost 10 a month to get extra cards like to see that comr here so I can give this game the cash I'm paying out

What would they have to add that would make it worth it. If you don't think it is

(Again haven't looked much in it. So if some of the rewards are here already my mistake )

Anyone want to post quick how much hp/cp they give

I think the biggest thing is the free outfit eac month

what they would have to add for me to join

Edit
At least 1 to 3 covers of a 5 star of the month (maybe 1 every 10 days )

A free slot each month ( though this might been big in past but they have been offering a slot for 900hp) so one free slot won't kill them

200 standard tokens per month lol

This would never happen .. an event only vip can play in .

Well I'm bored at work waiting for phone to swing so thought I post this

So what would it take. (and dont say kicking me from this page). 😂

«1

Comments

  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,686 Chairperson of the Boards

    Hasn't been worth it for me in years. A far better use of £10 a month is to save it for two months and buy an ascended 1*. Buy one every 2 months and forget about the vip, the economy when VIP came out has been nuked since then. I'd want an LT every day to even consider it.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards

    I don't think they'll give you 3 specific 5* covers for $10. That would represent a pretty big escalation in the current devaluing trend.

  • obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In

    i find that it is worth it to me. The amount of rewards is a good value compared to if you bought them in other offers and I use all of them.

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,898 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 16:55

    @obikenobi12 said:
    i find that it is worth it to me. The amount of rewards is a good value compared to if you bought them in other offers and I use all of them.

    Problem. Is (like said not in front of Game so not sure ).

    What all do you get and

    Could not you do a small item 1.99. And get about the same rewards ( since you get 30 days of free rewards... Last time I kept track I think I got close to 1000 hp and 40 or so cp.

    Need to go back and start keeping track

  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 204 Tile Toppler

    @Tony_Foot said:
    Hasn't been worth it for me in years. A far better use of £10 a month is to save it for two months and buy an ascended 1*. Buy one every 2 months and forget about the vip, the economy when VIP came out has been nuked since then. I'd want an LT every day to even consider it.

    This makes so much more sense. I will be doing this moving forward.

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,898 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Codex said:

    @Tony_Foot said:
    Hasn't been worth it for me in years. A far better use of £10 a month is to save it for two months and buy an ascended 1*. Buy one every 2 months and forget about the vip, the economy when VIP came out has been nuked since then. I'd want an LT every day to even consider it.

    This makes so much more sense. I will be doing this moving forward.

    That is IF. They keep selling them

    Question the 30 days of rewards don't stack do they if I buy something Jan 1 and Jan 2. I only get them till feb1 (they don't stack so I would get them til march(

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,878 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 18:14

    I buy specifically for the costumes. If you like those its the best thing about VIP.

    Otherwise you are better off spending 1.99 just to get extra rewards once you are fully into 4 star land or above as you are.

    @entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll give you 3 specific 5* covers for $10. That would represent a pretty big escalation in the current devaluing trend.

    Bah. They could literally give out 1 a day (once past 1 year anniversary so as to not overwhelm new players) and with 90 5 star characters that's only 4 covers a year or 3+ year to champ one from scratch. It might look like a giant giveaway but in game terms its meaningless.

    KGB

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 18:38

    @KGB said:
    I buy specifically for the costumes. If you like those its the best thing about VIP.

    Otherwise you are better off spending 1.99 just to get extra rewards once you are fully into 4 star land or above as you are.

    @entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll give you 3 specific 5* covers for $10. That would represent a pretty big escalation in the current devaluing trend.

    Bah. They could literally give out 1 a day (once past 1 year anniversary so as to not overwhelm new players) and with 90 5 star characters that's only 4 covers a year or 3+ year to champ one from scratch. It might look like a giant giveaway but in game terms its meaningless.

    KGB

    You're arguing that they could escalate the current resource economy to increase 5* rewards, and it wouldn't have a big impact on gameplay.

    I'm saying that in the current economy, selling 5* covers for that price would be a big escalation.

    We're not disagreeing, we're just saying different stuff. I don't really have a position about whether they should give out more 5*.

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,878 Chairperson of the Boards

    @entrailbucket said:

    @KGB said:
    I buy specifically for the costumes. If you like those its the best thing about VIP.

    Otherwise you are better off spending 1.99 just to get extra rewards once you are fully into 4 star land or above as you are.

    @entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll give you 3 specific 5* covers for $10. That would represent a pretty big escalation in the current devaluing trend.

    Bah. They could literally give out 1 a day (once past 1 year anniversary so as to not overwhelm new players) and with 90 5 star characters that's only 4 covers a year or 3+ year to champ one from scratch. It might look like a giant giveaway but in game terms its meaningless.

    KGB

    You're arguing that they could escalate the current resource economy to increase 5* rewards, and it wouldn't have a big impact on gameplay.

    I'm saying that in the current economy, selling 5* covers for that price would be a big escalation.

    We're not disagreeing, we're just saying different stuff. I don't really have a position about whether they should give out more 5*.

    Technically they are selling fully covered 5 stars for 19.99. It may be a limited subset (the ascended 1s) but not only are they 5 stars in every way (damage, match damage, health etc) but they also level up VASTLY faster than regular 5 stars due to standard tokens.

    If anything, the bar is now set that a fully covered 5 star should cost 19.99 and IMHO, they should start selling fully covered 5s (ascended from any class or actual 5s) for that price.

    KGB

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

    @Tony_Foot said:
    Hasn't been worth it for me in years. A far better use of £10 a month is to save it for two months and buy an ascended 1*. Buy one every 2 months and forget about the vip, the economy when VIP came out has been nuked since then. I'd want an LT every day to even consider it.

    This is what I have been advocating, at least so in long as they continue to be offered.

    To make a proper valuation, tho, a player had to know how many 1* covers they collect per unit of time. How long will it take them to add 400 covers / 100 levels to the character and extract all resource value by reaching the end at 550. And, if the math is done, does it best $10/mo for VIP.

    In my case, it takes about 6 months to collect and add 400 covers to a 1*, less if there is some crazy source for 1s like the ascension values were. For $20, the 5* 1* pays out 220K iso, 20K HP, 625CP, 25LT. Divide those by 6mos, that blows what VIP pays out per month, for $10 a month, away.

    But for a more casual player, or a newer player, it will take longer to collect 400 covers. Still you only pay once for each copy of an ascended 1*, and you pay VIP every month.

    For the costs of 2mos of VIP, each 1* pays roughly the equivalent of 24mos of VIP.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

    Back to the OPs question, what would make VIP worth it ... it is more suitable for newer players that are ok with modest spending.

    The growth in resources goes and the proliferation of small spend opportunities have both taken the shine off VIP.

    How to make it more relevant to more players ... Tie it to SCL, so the payout improves as roster grows. A growth synergy between rank and VIP incentives chasing both.

    Include a slot each month or a rebate on shot purchases.

    Crank up the accelerated healing.

    Include standard tokens and boosts.

    Include discounts on boosts and eats to buy them in larger qtys.

    Include covers for 1* to 3* characters, including new releases.

    Have a VIP only vault.

    Not crazy about VIP-only events as there is enough to play, IME & IMO. And any in-event advantage like added nodes or boosted scoring = pay to win, so none of that, please.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards

    Wouldn't it be an even better deal to purchase HP and spend it on the anniversary vault?

  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards

    I never even considered if it’s a good deal or not. For me it is just a given since this is really the only game I play regularly. Seems fair to support it.

    I spend elsewhere too. Not whale status but probably well above average. It’s definitely of less value as a full roster 5* player. I would love to see the items change with shield rank or even a tiered approach.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 23:52

    @KGB said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @KGB said:
    I buy specifically for the costumes. If you like those its the best thing about VIP.

    Otherwise you are better off spending 1.99 just to get extra rewards once you are fully into 4 star land or above as you are.

    @entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll give you 3 specific 5* covers for $10. That would represent a pretty big escalation in the current devaluing trend.

    Bah. They could literally give out 1 a day (once past 1 year anniversary so as to not overwhelm new players) and with 90 5 star characters that's only 4 covers a year or 3+ year to champ one from scratch. It might look like a giant giveaway but in game terms its meaningless.

    KGB

    You're arguing that they could escalate the current resource economy to increase 5* rewards, and it wouldn't have a big impact on gameplay.

    I'm saying that in the current economy, selling 5* covers for that price would be a big escalation.

    We're not disagreeing, we're just saying different stuff. I don't really have a position about whether they should give out more 5*.

    Technically they are selling fully covered 5 stars for 19.99. It may be a limited subset (the ascended 1s) but not only are they 5 stars in every way (damage, match damage, health etc) but they also level up VASTLY faster than regular 5 stars due to standard tokens.

    If anything, the bar is now set that a fully covered 5 star should cost 19.99 and IMHO, they should start selling fully covered 5s (ascended from any class or actual 5s) for that price.

    KGB

    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. They've only sold the 1* at that price. 2* are more expensive, and only offered as 4*. So I guess they think that the 1* are lesser. 5* covers themselves tend to be quite expensive, still. I would not expect to see, say, 13 Okoye covers sold for $20.

    But again...if they do that, great! I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited 9 February 2024, 03:52

    @KGB said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @KGB said:
    I buy specifically for the costumes. If you like those its the best thing about VIP.

    Otherwise you are better off spending 1.99 just to get extra rewards once you are fully into 4 star land or above as you are.

    @entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll give you 3 specific 5* covers for $10. That would represent a pretty big escalation in the current devaluing trend.

    Bah. They could literally give out 1 a day (once past 1 year anniversary so as to not overwhelm new players) and with 90 5 star characters that's only 4 covers a year or 3+ year to champ one from scratch. It might look like a giant giveaway but in game terms its meaningless.

    KGB

    You're arguing that they could escalate the current resource economy to increase 5* rewards, and it wouldn't have a big impact on gameplay.

    I'm saying that in the current economy, selling 5* covers for that price would be a big escalation.

    We're not disagreeing, we're just saying different stuff. I don't really have a position about whether they should give out more 5*.

    Technically they are selling fully covered 5 stars for 19.99. It may be a limited subset (the ascended 1s) but not only are they 5 stars in every way (damage, match damage, health etc) but they also level up VASTLY faster than regular 5 stars due to standard tokens.

    If anything, the bar is now set that a fully covered 5 star should cost 19.99 and IMHO, they should start selling fully covered 5s (ascended from any class or actual 5s) for that price.

    KGB

    :D

    No is the word. As in, no, not equivalent. They are punchy and simple and utterly lacking in defense. I.e., a fresh set of the game's specialty, player (read: offense) friendly glass cannons.

    Their availabilty and quick march to fat number offers relief to new players, confronting the stupidly ponderous task of trying to build out a full roster and also reach the highest level of play that will best enable them to do so.

    The option to ascend 1s and 2s, to grow them in power rather than spin wheels for many many months while farming twos, burning 1s, and quitting out of boredom while trying to build in austerity, is a way to keep the release schedule going without continuing to bury new players deeper and deeper. New players can build 1s and 2s quickly, and then start ascending them, unlocking and competing in higher SCLs while building out higher tiers as a side project.

    "Pre"ascended 2* s have already been offered for sale, as 4* s for $25. Perhaps you were being sarcastic, but I wouldn't wait up on the $20 5*s :D ... nice try.

  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,058 Chairperson of the Boards

    Just connecting a couple of dots and possibly making a Picasso, but the Q&A answer about different rewards choices would work well in VIP so you could choose a pre-set VIP type.

    Or imagine every few days was a "Pick X" of HP, Iso, RIso, Shards, tokens, CP etc. That would definitely be worth it.

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,171 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Scofie said:
    Just connecting a couple of dots and possibly making a Picasso, but the Q&A answer about different rewards choices would work well in VIP so you could choose a pre-set VIP type.

    Or imagine every few days was a "Pick X" of HP, Iso, RIso, Shards, tokens, CP etc. That would definitely be worth it.

    They have also made mention of looking at daily rewards, maybe there’s something there that could happen where you choose between some options every 2 weeks or something.

  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

    Adding say one classic *5 cover and a couple roster slots would be wonderful, maybe some *5 shards or another LT or two The rewards are pretty lackluster even after they did a tiny revamp couple years ago.

  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker

    @slidecage said:

    @Codex said:

    @Tony_Foot said:
    Hasn't been worth it for me in years. A far better use of £10 a month is to save it for two months and buy an ascended 1*. Buy one every 2 months and forget about the vip, the economy when VIP came out has been nuked since then. I'd want an LT every day to even consider it.

    This makes so much more sense. I will be doing this moving forward.

    That is IF. They keep selling them

    Question the 30 days of rewards don't stack do they if I buy something Jan 1 and Jan 2. I only get them till feb1 (they don't stack so I would get them til march(

    They don't stack but rather the counter starts again with each purchase. So if we use your example after you make the purchase on Jan. 2 the counter would reset and end on Feb. 2 (i.e. you would get rewards until Feb.1).

  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 973 Critical Contributor

    Favorited support shards would be quite nice.