Coalition Events: Please Stop the Distressing Recharging Schedule

Options
NickBKK
NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
edited 3 February 2024, 09:53 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Dear Dev team,

I'm writing to you as a loyal player who appreciates your recent takeover and efforts to improve MTGPQ. However, I have a serious concern about the coalition events that have a 6-hour window to play the final recharge. This is a major problem that affects the quality of life (QOL) of many players around the world, especially those in different time zones than yours.

I live in UTC+7 time zone, which means that for many older legacy events, I have to play the final round of charges between 11 pm and 5 am on Sunday night. For people in UTC+8, it's even worse: midnight to 6 am on Monday morning. This is very inconvenient and unhealthy for me and many others who have to work or study the next day. In fact, this issue had made me quit the game for a while until it was fixed by the previous Dev team.

I notice that some of the newer coalition events have a more flexible recharging schedule that accommodates players from different regions. This was a great improvement that made me enjoy the game again. However, with your new direction of alternating between Standard and Legacy events each week, you are bringing back the old QOL issue and making many players suffer again.

Please, I urge you to fix this problem as soon as possible, or at least stop running those older events until you can adjust their recharging schedule. Two weeks ago, I almost gave up on the game again when I was so tired and sleepy on Sunday night, but had to force myself to stay awake and play the final charges of a Legacy event at 11 pm. It was not fun at all.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with playing Legacy cards in coalition events. I think they add variety and challenge to the game. The only issue I have is with the recharging schedule that makes it hard for me and many others to participate and enjoy the game.

Please help us, your loyal players around the globe, who love your game and want to see it grow and succeed. Thank you for your attention and understanding.

Sincerely,
Nick

Comments

• Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited 3 February 2024, 19:17
    Options

I fully second this request made by Nick. Please make sure the game does not regress back to extremely inconvenient recharge schedules for players, especially those who live in the eastern hemisphere. The adoption of a charge scheme where players get half the charges up front and the other half about a day before event end works perfectly for everyone and I do not think anyone has complained about it. Even the all charges up front scheme you introduced with Survivors of the Four Tribes works great for pretty much everyone. The game definitely does not need more players quitting or taking an extended break because charges appear at really bad hours for them. Could you please address this issue before you schedule the coalition event two weeks from now? Thank you!

• ichine
    ichine Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

Totally agree, I actually enjoy this new all charges up front scheme of the latest event. I think it's a good idea to give players the freedom to manage their time to complete charges whenever they are able to :)

• IPA
    IPA Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    edited 4 February 2024, 00:06
    Options

I'm on board with the above thoughts. Especially, having all charges up front is amazing. I love being able to play on my own time and getting some flexibility on the weekend.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Heartily endorse this. There's no reason that some time zones should be inordinately disadvantaged. This was a major problem for many years and I hate to see it recurring.

• Scifibot
    Scifibot Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

Not too much of a fan of all the charges up front, but two sets of charges is ok with me. There is nothing quite like the satisfaction of staying up all night waiting to snipe the last bit of boss health to complete a perfect run. I guess people don't see the benefit of the rewards vs the inconvenience with hardcore play. :)

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scifibot said:
    Not too much of a fan of all the charges up front, but two sets of charges is ok with me. There is nothing quite like the satisfaction of staying up all night waiting to snipe the last bit of boss health to complete a perfect run. I guess people don't see the benefit of the rewards vs the inconvenience with hardcore play. :)

There's really no satisfaction in that for majority of players. In fact most of us are really trying to avoid that.

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options

Wholeheartedly love this scheme of charges for SFT1, the freedom you give your playerbase to complete their charges is a huge QoL improvement, allowing us players to manage our time. Thank you for this, would love to see this adopted for more events.

• AMDZero
    AMDZero Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

100% agree. This would change how players look at coalition events in such a positive way. I think more players would be able to play vs. having to take break for the legacy event weekends that are too late on Sunday night.

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

I support this too. Being able to finish the events that anyone chooses to start, regardless of timezone, should be a minimum requirement. And not just coalition events, all events should be finishable by all players. Coalition events would be a great start tho.

• aembury
    aembury Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

1000% agree.

This is a huge QoL for the game.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That's great news Lu, I'm glad it's being worked on

• NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

Thank you so much Lu! You are my hero!

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

All charges up front are amazing and one of the QoL askes I love seeing an answer to. Keep it up!