Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#410: Gorr Drew some criticism

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#410: Gorr Drew some criticism

Tagged:

Comments

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 404 Mover and Shaker

Wow, another classic entry for the "Why, no, we don't know what we're talking about, thanks for asking!" file!

Having kept up this not knowing for so many years IS impressive :D

• TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited 3 February 2024, 15:08

"Mean Machine" could be a reference to the film THE LONGEST YARD from the 70's (**** that Adam Sandler remake), where the football team composed of prisoners was named The Mean Machine. Football, of course, is what they call soccer in Europe. Soccer needs exceptionally strong legs like the ones found in practitioners of savate...which mean BATROC CONFIRMED!

I know you missed me.

(Nyah, given it's Black History Month, it's prolly 5/3 James Rhodes--one in the classic Iron Man suit he wore in the Denny O'Neill run and...shudder one in the Eidolon warware)

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 404 Mover and Shaker

@TDejaAuthor said:
    "Mean Machine" could be a reference to the film THE LONGEST YARD from the 70's (**** that Adam Sandler remake), where the football team composed of prisoners was named The Mean Machine. Football, of course, is what they call soccer in Europe. Soccer needs exceptionally strong legs like the ones found in practitioners of savate...which mean BATROC CONFIRMED!

I know you missed me.

(Nyah, given it's Black History Month, it's prolly 5/3 James Rhodes--one in the classic Iron Man suit he wore in the Denny O'Neill run and...shudder one in the Eidolon warware)

This thing looks like a Decepticon jet. Man, mid and late '90s comics were rough. :D

• FauxPhobos
    FauxPhobos Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

@TDejaAuthor You were missed, yes! There was a gif of (young) Burt Reynolds in chat on the live recording (courtesy of @UNC_Samurai ) so I think we're all on the same page there.