Marvel Puzzle Quest R295 Release Notes

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited 29 January 2024, 18:31 in MPQ General Discussion

“Teen Machine…”

• Get ready to celebrate Black History Month in MPQ with Daily Play tokens all month long!
  • The community has spoken! Check out a total rebalance of the Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) (Feb 1).
  • Puzzle Ops returns, jump in for challenging puzzles!
  • The PVP Season of Soul is coming to a close! Make sure to get your final matches in before (Feb 5).

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

What do you mean "Black Friday Month"? Because if that's a reference to Black History Month and reducing it to a shopping day, that's very inappropriate.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Has Victor Mancha's time finally come?!
    Though, have to hope he is Nico level and not on par with Karolina...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any chance we'll get a forum post on that Strange rework?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Teen Machine" hmm...teens who have a machine...mystery machine...Scooby Doo...Doo doo doo da da da by The Police...police...uhm...crime...circus of crime...RINGMASTER!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,425 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They said it was months away IIRC

• Bowgentle
    Options

@dianetics said:
    They said it was away IIRC

They did.
    Apparently it got pushed up?

Also, "black Friday month" in the store patch notes, ugh.
    You need to get a proof reader.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah I was told later in the year, I'll happily take a rebalanced strange sooner rather than later, however, if one of his powers is destroy 2 ap for an overpriced amount I'm gonna lose it.
    No one will be safe.
    NO ONE

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Yeah I was told later in the year, I'll happily take a rebalanced strange sooner rather than later, however, if one of his powers is destroy 2 ap for an overpriced amount I'm gonna lose it.
    No one will be safe.
    NO ONE

Well technically 1st February is later in the year than when you asked so...

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    No one will be safe.
    NO ONE

It would be cool if the eye of agamotto did something like, create a colorless eye tile which makes enemy team abilities are all 1/1/1.

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options

“Teen Machine”, eh? How about this?

What kind of machines are teens into? Cell phones, obviously. What do said teens do with said phones? Play Fortnite, I guess? A fortnight is four-teen days long. You know what Marvel character is known for having four arms and could theoretically dual wield weapons while building something if he was a character in said video game?

That’s right! Coming soon to a MPQ release near you (in association with Epic Games): 5-star Forearm (Fortnite Flashdance Foe)! Log into Fortnite on release day and do the Charleston with a dozen other players for each of you to get a code for a free cover!

• Bowgentle
    Options

@S0kun said:

@SaltnPeppa said:
    What do you mean "Black Friday Month"? Because if that's a reference to Black History Month and reducing it to a shopping day, that's very inappropriate.

It's a typo on our end and we corrected it as soon as we realized. Apologies if it came off insensitive. That was 100% unintended.

You're stuck with it in the store notes, though.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:

Black Friday?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Iron lad?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

Black Friday?

@meadowsweet said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

Black Friday?

Pandering, that's all these months are.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I assume that black history month will have Black Friday like deals all month long. :D

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

Character is pretty easy. I thought Victor Mancha at first before I realized there was someone else who matches the quote perfectly.

I am 100% certain this is Viv Vision. Daughter of Vision.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,348 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok, probably not.

But I can dream.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bluewolf said:

Ok, probably not.

But I can dream.

It would be nice to get more Champions in the roster.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm going to actually guess an MPQ original version of a Marvel character:

Charlie Burlingame was experimented on to become Charcoal: the Burning Man.

He fought alongside the Thunderbolts until his death... Or so we thought.

Much like he did for Baron Zemo, the Fixer/Techno downloaded Charlie's consciousness along with a sample of his DNA.

Using his mastery of technology, Techno created Charcoal: the Burning Android.