6.4.1 Release Discussion (UPDATE RELEASED!)

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,285 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 22 January 2024, 18:20 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Announcements are a great place to post documentation but... we want to hear your thoughts, too! ;)

And if you haven't seen the Release Notes yet, here they are.

Lu

Comments

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

All events seem to start with charges maxed out. Is this intended?

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

@Opperstamper Yup, it is! :)
    Events we've released give all charges up front, no waiting to play etc.

Lu

• Opperstamper
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team said:
    @Opperstamper Yup, it is! :)
    Events we've released give all charges up front, no waiting to play etc.

Lu

Just so I understand - This coalition event is only 4 matches long?

Options

@Opperstamper 12 matches long ;)

Documentation previously said 6 nodes and 2 charges per encounter per node, I've adjusted it to be more clear. But the total remains 12. ^^

Lu

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 56 Match Maker
    edited 19 January 2024, 22:31
    Options

The wording for outcast could be better.

It's being changed to: "At the end of the turn: if this card is anywhere other than the battlefield, exile it and this card loses Outcast."

My issue with this wording is that with a few exceptions the vast majority of cards use battlefield to refer to the location where creatures go, board to refer to the location where the gems are, and in play to reference the combination of the two areas. By saying "anywhere other than the battlefield" it sounds like creatures would no longer be exiled by outcast but support gems with outcast could still be exiled at the end of the turn.

It would be better to say: "At the end of the turn: if this card is not in play, exile it and this card loses Outcast."

Options

@Xibvert Keeping terms coherent through all sets and cards is a challenge!
    Your observation was very insightful, thanks a bunch! :) I'm adding it to my notes and checking with the rest of our team.

Lu

• Opperstamper
    Options

Documentation previously said 6 nodes and 2 charges per encounter per node, I've adjusted it to be more clear. But the total remains 12. ^^

Lu

Thank you. All charges upfront is intriguing.

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

Love the changes, fixes and new cards. Good to see that Lord Windgrace was added ! (maybe after me hinting at him? :-) )

I especially like that you've taken your time walking us through the changes and extensively explaining what's been fixed and why, and that a lot of the fixes come from the reports in the forum. That demonstrates that you listen where needed, and that's awesome

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited 19 January 2024, 23:09
    Options

With all the excitement of new releases and updates, us players forget to thank the devs for the corrections and fixes, so firstly and most importantly, Thank you Webcore! We appreciate your hard work and efforts! Secondly, I'm truly excited for this update and can't hardly wait for the changes.

• Fireguy
    Fireguy Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited 19 January 2024, 23:45
    Options

Yo you guys are killin' it - in a good way of course. For the first time ever I want to give you all of my money. Take it please!

Very proud of you all!

edited 20 January 2024, 02:36
    Options

@TIMEWARP I honestly can't say if our game designers took your hint or just like kittens and decided to create a rival to PMA Ajani... who knows? ^^

Most bugs recently come from either the forum and support tickets! It helps us a lot having precise descriptions and evidence so we can reproduce them (shoutout to @Julie71!) and sometimes we are unable to (yes, we heard about the 'full hour' issue...) but we TRY and you guys are wonderful at reporting!

I must say that me, personally, got to catch up with all the forum issues and threads but am working on it so our team can keep solving new bugs ASAP! ;)

Lu

edited 20 January 2024, 02:45
    Options

@Killroy @Fireguy

I'll make sure our whole team receive your message! You have no idea how many times a week we say 'omg, players will love this!' or 'this is an old bug, they'll be so relieved it is finally fixed!' and, to be honest, 'I can't wait for someone to break this card [evil laugh]'.

So, yeah, feedback is our fuel! And not just compliments. Each time you all talk about some bad experience we can improve or a suggestion that makes sense, we appreciate the challenge SO MUCH! (even if it takes a while to find a solution, then implementing, testing etc.)

Lu

• Yamantaka
    Yamantaka Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

From the bottom of my heart, i wish for you to know how happy and relieved you've made this veteran player of MTG:PQ upon reading what you've done in changing this game for the better!!! I feel like for the first time since i began playing in mid-2017 (back when HOU was the latest set) that i can rest easy in knowing that this game is in the right hands. I became such a staunch defender of this game that towards the end of their reign i felt like i had to protect the game against the developers at Oktagon themselves, even. It was very sad, but as a content creator, visionary, and fellow nerd who happens to know several languages (including some computer coding and HTML), i knew that it didn't have to be that way. It needn't be that bad, and it hurt to see such a passion of mine get neglected due to poor management (which I'm sure was from the top down, mostly, rather than the individual coder's fault)...

TL;DR: Y'all are most excellent, and i am ecstatic you're the ones at the helm cuz it's clear you love this game, too!!! Can't wait to see what this new year will bring!

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hautli vanguard is white-red-black instead of red-white, and vSaheeli is blue-black instead of red-blue. Is there a particular reason behind these changes

• khurram
    Options

Lu

Interesting.
    Any chance we can look at the reward structure as well? That information used to be part of the pre-release notes as well for all new events.

Battle of the Four Tribes from the last Ixalan block was the last PvE coalition event broken into two parts. And it could get pretty brutal.

Options

Hey, @khurram!
    Both topics you mentioned are pretty relevant. Yesterday (in some time zones? XD) we updated this info here and here. ;)

• khurram
    Options

Hey, @khurram!
    Both topics you mentioned are pretty relevant. Yesterday (in some time zones? XD) we updated this info here and here. ;)

Thank you! :)

I see that the events are scheduled. I don't see the progression or coalition rewards listed though.

Options

@khurram Rewards will be posted Monday (both special and standard versions). That's the news on top of the Event Schedule ^^

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team I have never been more excited to see all the wonderful stuff your bringing our way. (more cats and kitties) bring em on lol much appreciation for all the hard work the team had done.

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options

I'm super-excited to try the new event and am thrilled to have all of the charges up-front... even if 12 games seems like a lot! Knowing that I won't max out a node relieves some of the unnecessary anxiety I tend to feel on busy weekends!