What does Lazy mean?

Options
I keep reading people calling some characters lazy what does this mean?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    It means that it is a 3* version of a character with an identical moveset, just with improved effects.

For example, 2* and 3* Thor are completely identical to each other, barring the damage.

Compare this to someone like Wolverine whose variants all have their own unique moveset, but still keep a constant theme (Red being big burst, green being strike title spam, yellow is healing)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gold characters, who take less work for the developers to make than other characters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    First time I saw the term "Lazy Thor", I thought people were referring to the fact that he looks like he's taking a really big yawn when he's in front. Now I know better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's when you don't do anything and people throw tens of thousands of dollars at you.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time I saw the term "Lazy Thor", I thought people were referring to the fact that he looks like he's taking a really big yawn when he's in front. Now I know better.
    His chubbiness was part of the original reasoning for fatthor, yes
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.

So, it's not that the Hero is lazy. It is a reference the developers.

Got it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    On the plus side, there are only seven 1*/2* characters without 3*s (Ares, Hawkeye, Venom, Juggernaut, Bullseye, Moonstone, Yelena), so there aren't than many more lazy characters they can do. And we can probably at least rule out a 3* Yelena, and most of the others would need to be substantially reworked to make a 3*, so we may be safe for a while.

That said, I'm starting to dread the idea of a Lazy Ares.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    On the plus side, there are only seven 1*/2* characters without 3*s (Ares, Hawkeye, Venom, Juggernaut, Bullseye, Moonstone, Yelena), so there aren't than many more lazy characters they can do. And we can probably at least rule out a 3* Yelena, and most of the others would need to be substantially reworked to make a 3*, so we may be safe for a while.

Why? Who wouldn't love a TEN THOUSAND DAMAGE SUNDER IN YOUR FACE, followed by a THREE THOUSAND DAMAGE from a bugged tile? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can't unsee, thanks... now I'll be yawning each time I play with him :<
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Why? Who wouldn't love a TEN THOUSAND DAMAGE SUNDER IN YOUR FACE, followed by a THREE THOUSAND DAMAGE from a bugged tile? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    So basically, like PvE
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    His chubbiness was part of the original reasoning for fatthor, yes

"LUUUUUKE!"
    "..."
    "LUKE CAGE! I AM YOUR FATTHOR!"
    "...dude, that's impossible."
    "SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, LUKE!"
    "Okay, my feeling is that you've been hitting yourself with that hammer a little too hard."
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i don't like the term lazy when referring to gold characters, i've adopted to calling them Super(Daken, Thor, Storm) cause upgraded abilities = super, granted it's kind of lazy on the developers part...but still...SUPER
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure but imo Ares deserves to be goldified even less than Daken, who didn't at all in the first place. Daken is just a device to counter AP stealers and provide some defensive damage/victories.