Ascended Bagman

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve been playing quite a while and I’ve collected Bagman as more of a trophy.

I’ve currently got 5 max champ and a 6th at 101.

With the current ascension rules, there’s no way to combine all of them to get a 4*.

So if I contacted CS to break down two of them into single covers, do you think they’d do it so that I can actually ascend to 4*? It’s not like it’s something I don’t actually already have. Just curious.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 12:22
    Options

Probably not, because then others would ask CS to break down all of their tripled, quadruples, etc etc.

What should be available automatically is a way to fold every dupe into the ascended version, like you do with one copy when you ascend.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 13:51
    Options

Not a chance.

But 4 of your max champs will make 2 3's which you will then level up one of those to 266 (via future Bagman covers) and ascend with the other 3 to get your 4.

The 5th and partly completed 6th you'll be stuck with until you want to ascend that 4 to a 5 star Bagman in about 10 years :)

KGB

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 15:01
    Options

They will. But it will be an exception. Just this one time…

(that’s a joke. Please don’t send a ticket. But if you do send a ticket, let me know what they say, because I have one more bag man than you do, I’m ready to leave my alliance, and all of its treasures behind and form the ultimate Bagliance with you).

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    edited 12 January 2024, 16:38
    Options

I would assume they have zero interest in opening that can of worms for you or anyone else. They did not design Ascension to be flexible in the way you are describing.

I really wish they hadn't made it so complicated (needing 16 different copies of 1★ characters, 8 copies of 2★, the total covers math not being equal between max-max & max-min, etc.) I wish they had designed it so you only needed one roster spot, you can just Ascend one character from level 1/15/40/70 to level 550, that you could combine any two versions of that character and the math just worked out as "X covers + Y covers = Z level", but... they didn't do any of that.

So you'll just have to Ascend your two pairs of Bag-Man from 2★-3★, then spend 200 covers Max Champing one of them, then Ascending those two together to a 4★, then you can decide whether to spend 300 covers leveling that one up from level 270 to 370, or to start on the level 101 as the start of versions five through eight if you want to get him to 5★ - just like the rest of us.

But it could be worse - at least your five Bag-Men are fewer than the eight copies needed for a 5★? Imagine if you had 30 different copies of a Max Champ 2★: that would be 1,890 total covers, far more than the 1,404 needed to Level 550 a character from scratch. But you'd still be stuck Ascending 8 of them to 3★ and needing to pull hundreds of additional covers before you get anywhere near 550. Because they didn't design it to be flexible.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They actually did have CS break duplicates into covers when they released Champions 1.0, so I'm not sure why they refused this time. They did refuse this time though -- I asked.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    Not a chance.

But 4 of your max champs will make 2 3's which you will then level up one of those to 266 (via future Bagman covers) and ascend with the other 3 to get your 4.

The 5th and partly completed 6th you'll be stuck with until you want to ascend that 4 to a 5 star Bagman in about 10 years :)

KGB

Don't worry. They'll probably offer a 4* Bagman deal for $49.99.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

People may still buy that as a trophy

• Daredevil217
    Options

@mani82 said:
    People may still buy that as a trophy

Trophy should be earned, not bought, which is why I said I was against unlimiting him. His only purpose is to be a trophy, and that’s ok. Especially in a game with this many characters, most of whom have no purpose at all other than to Farm rewards.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 22:55
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    They actually did have CS break duplicates into covers when they released Champions 1.0, so I'm not sure why they refused this time. They did refuse this time though -- I asked.

I remember that. I had to roster a duplicate Black Bolt because I got a 6th green cover and at that time (pre Champions 1.0) you couldn't save covers so you had to roster duplicates or lose the cover.

My guess is the reason they did it for 1.0 was because there weren't saved covers and a LOT of players had rostered duplicate 4 and 5 stars because they got bad cover distribution.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

20?! That's impressive! I keep a maxed Bagman and another that gets farmed. Wish I had kept them all over the years, think I would have about 6 or 7 maxed and currently working on 7 or 8. Finally found something I forgot to keep track of.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@SnowcaTT said:
    19x 144 bagman and the 20th is currently at 130.

The ascension system can obviously calculate how many covers you have and put them into a new version. By far, the best GUI QOL feature they could have now is being able to auto-add dupes.

I get really annoyed daily by having to choose which 2* to add the covers to, since there were plenty of freebie tokens that gave you chances to get free ascended versions.

If you have 19 copies already at Max Champ level, then any additional copies can only be added to the 20th copy at Level 130, right? The game doesn't ask you to confirm which copy to apply new covers to when there's only one valid choice, right? So I'm not sure what you mean by "auto-add dupes" and how that would solve "having to choose which 2* to add the covers to"?

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@SnowcaTT said:
    19x 144 bagman and the 20th is currently at 130.

The ascension system can obviously calculate how many covers you have and put them into a new version. By far, the best GUI QOL feature they could have now is being able to auto-add dupes.

I get really annoyed daily by having to choose which 2* to add the covers to, since there were plenty of freebie tokens that gave you chances to get free ascended versions.

If you have 19 copies already at Max Champ level, then any additional copies can only be added to the 20th copy at Level 130, right? The game doesn't ask you to confirm which copy to apply new covers to when there's only one valid choice, right? So I'm not sure what you mean by "auto-add dupes" and how that would solve "having to choose which 2* to add the covers to"?

Correct, if I get any covers without ascending it will automatically assign them to the 130 level one.

I'm referring to any extra copies of any character you have. If I do ascend a bagman, the game will ask me - every - single - time - if I want to apply to the 130 or to the ascended one.

As an old-timer I had a bunch of maxed 4's where I was working on third copies. At least that only applys when I hit 4. Soooooo many tokens make me choose if I want to add to the ascended 1* spiderman or the -other- ascended 1* spiderman I randomly pulled from some vault. Lots of 1*, 2* the same way - it's a pain to apply covers now.

Lesson learned, don't open tokens. The more things change....

The 'fix' would be to allow players to break down/add any 3rd/20th copies of the same rarity championed characters into their ascended versions. The game already does this: you can merge a 370 (max) 4* and any other 4* that's 270 (championed). It would be very nice if you could merge 370 + 370 (to 467 5*) and add any extra copies you have.

Or in the case of my poor bagman, let me go 144 + 144 -> 3* and then keep applying the extra 2's into the ascended 3. Maybe I'll copy/paste this over into requests.

• Daredevil217
    Options

I already asked about this in the Q&A

@Daredevil217 [Official Forums]
    Question: Say I have two max-champed Rockett & Groot and a third copy at level 300. If I ascend the max/max will I eventually be able to apply the third version as covers to the ascended version?

Answer: There are currently no plans for that, no.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited 18 January 2024, 20:27
    Options

@SnowcaTT said:
    Lesson learned, don't open tokens. The more things change....

The 'fix' would be to allow players to break down/add any 3rd/20th copies of the same rarity championed characters into their ascended versions. The game already does this: you can merge a 370 (max) 4* and any other 4* that's 270 (championed). It would be very nice if you could merge 370 + 370 (to 467 5*) and add any extra copies you have.

Or in the case of my poor bagman, let me go 144 + 144 -> 3* and then keep applying the extra 2's into the ascended 3. Maybe I'll copy/paste this over into requests.

I think the problem with that is it's too much double dipping on champ rewards. If that was possible, you'd never apply covers directly to the ascended version. You'd build a copy at the base level for the champ rewards, then apply that copy to the ascended version for more champ rewards.

That's probably too much double dipping on rewards to be workable.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you're applying covers from the Claim Your Rewards button, don't do that. The choosing thing takes forever. I used to do it that way and it's terrible if you have dupes.

Now I apply covers by filtering my roster by Upgrade Ready, Covers (the first checkbox) and clicking on each upgradeable character. It's an extra step but it's faster than the dumb choice box.

They will never let you apply dupes to characters. They didn't do it for champions 1.0 either, although they did offer a short window where CS would break duplicate characters into covers if you asked. They're not doing that this time.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    If you're applying covers from the Claim Your Rewards button, don't do that. The choosing thing takes forever. I used to do it that way and it's terrible if you have dupes.

Now I apply covers by filtering my roster by Upgrade Ready, Covers (the first checkbox) and clicking on each upgradeable character. It's an extra step but it's faster than the dumb choice box.

They will never let you apply dupes to characters. They didn't do it for champions 1.0 either, although they did offer a short window where CS would break duplicate characters into covers if you asked. They're not doing that this time.

Confirmed, this is what I do; Even though, (if I’m not mistaken), you do have go and “Claim” your Saved covers. The extra click is quite painful as well.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 January 2024, 06:50
    Options

The whole system is a UI mess.
    That's what happens when you bolt on stuff over 10 years.
    And the UI never was great to begin with.