Swear filter - words to add

I see certain swear words get replaced by tinykitty. But bastard and **** aren't censored by the swear filter. Please fix this oversight.

Comments

• You also didn't have to resort to using that word, to point it out.
  • Indeed it is well overdue to completely banish the most hated swear-word in existence: **** guy.
  • I'm not going to be the one to do it, but the easiest test is the "kitchen sink" style, where you just throw out the litany of words and see what gets flagged as a tinykitty and what does not.
  • I'm pretty sure "bastard" is no longer verboten most places. Can we type ****? That one and that other word certainly should get filtered.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://www.bannedwordlist.com/lists/swearWords.txt
    anal
    anus
    ballsack
    balls
    bastard
    biatch
    bloody
    blowjob
    blow job
    bollock
    bollok
    boner
    boob
    bugger
    bum
    butt
    buttplug
    clitoris
    coon
    damn
    dildo
    dyke
    fag
    feck
    fellate
    fellatio
    felching
    f u c k
    fudgepacker
    fudge packer
    flange
    God damn
    hell
    homo
    jerk
    jizz
    knobend
    knob end
    labia
    lmao
    lmfao
    muff
    nigga
    omg
    piss
    poop
    prick
    pube
    queer
    scrotum
    sex
    s hit
    sh1t
    smegma
    spunk
    tit
    tosser
    turd
    twat
    wank
  • flange? Is this a british thing, I cannot fathom this word being used as a swear. Oh, flange. Flange these flanging flangers on this flangy flange flange... Nope I sounds like flanders
  • I can guess what some of the tiny kitty words are but others have me mystified. What is between dyke and feck?

Edit: It must be faggot.

EDIT 2: Whaaaaaaaaat?!? Oh come on.

EDIT 3: Fag? Yeah, that is it. The swear filter blocks out the shortened version but not the full word. That extra "got" at the end must not be fashionable among bigots anymore.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghast wrote:
    Edit: It must be faggot.

EDIT 2: Whaaaaaaaaat?!? Oh come on.
    This made me LOL.
  • curiosity got the better of me and I asked the urban dictionary what was up with flange, and I have been informed.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how far we can go.

How about stuff from BSG, like Frak.

Or Farscape, which had a few:
    Frell
    Dren
    Drannit
    Hezmana
    Greebol
    Loomas
    Fahrbot
    Tralk
    Mivonks
    Frelnik
    Thoddo
    Yotz

Or cursing in Chinese, like in Firefly / Serenity.

Klingon. That's got to be full of naughtiness.

And worst of all, Elvish.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Digifiend wrote:
    I see certain swear words get replaced by tinykitty. But bastard and **** aren't censored by the swear filter. Please fix this oversight.
    I'd also like to see "****" and "****" get added.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Digifiend wrote:
    I'd also like to see "tinykitty" and "****" get added.

I second the "****" complaint. I cannot explain how jarring it is to see otherwise intelligent people blurt out "Oh, I just got **** in the Simulator" or some nonsense like that.
  • I appreciate that hardly anything gets censored, and that you replace it with "tinykitty", of all things. This way you tell people to watch their language with humour.

And to those requests... censor "bastard"? Seriously? I also don't get why one would censor "****" either. I would get why one might want "****" censored, but when you think about it, you can't remove racism from people's heads by censorship, so where is the point? More effective would be to simply kick people off the board who are insulting to others, instead of censoring their words out and letting the ideology itself stand.
  • While I agree some words just shouldn't be used. I don't think there should be a rush to filter anything someone finds offensive. I also find it ironic that one of the people that posted a long list has "We grind harder than anyone. Just ask your mom." in their signature. It doesn't offend me personally, but I'm sure it offends someone. Also, if someone really wants to be offensive, they are going to be and a swear filter will not stop it. Not to mention all the alternate spellings that can be used to circumvent the filter.
  • Precisely. And if someone really wants to be offended, they are going to be too.
  • cum slopping magnum tit monkeys
  • and hairy niggerfarting republican jews
  • icon_lol.gif I'm pretty sure you'll find someone who'll be offended.
    Is "niggerfarting" even a word? I call tiny kitty's tiny bollocks on that one icon_mrgreen.gif