Apocalypse round 8

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm having heavy problems here, since you are restricted by non-human characters. I've tried R&G-Gamora-Yondu, fails. Thor-Hela-Loki, fails. Could be just bad boards, but it seems to be more. What are you others using here?

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

If you have Knull him with R&G and Gamora will do some big permanent damage each turn. Helps if your R&G is ascended but will probably work even if not.

• qandols
    Options

Nice, thanks. Got a tip from my alliance about Silver Surfer black. Ronan is good too. I just had awful boards and Got Gamora killed.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Knull, Gargantos, and a good third. Just Perma damage him to death or nuke him with Gargantos Blue or Black.
    I use Beta Ray Bill as a third. No problems at all.

• qandols
    Options

Thanks, as I said, horribly bad boards. Got killed by his cd a few times and could not get AP for the life of me.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not on LVL 8 yet, but I've been using:
    Grocket (max champed, but not ascended. LVL 4 Lucky Support)
    Gargantos (Champed, LVL 3 Chewie support)
    Ultron (Champed, LVL 3 Low Level AI Support)

Grocket's strikes, Ultron adding/improving strikes, and Gargantos's perma-damage have made short work of Apoc through LVL 6 so far.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited 6 January 2024, 11:49
    Options

Valk, Jeff + Atlantis and your third whoever is your highest leveled character with highest damaging first power. If your Atlantis is high enough level you can potentially fire Jeff’s green on turn zero, though I’d save it till you meet the damage requirement so as to not put yourself under the gun at the very beginning. Valk helps you to fulfill AP requirement then just fire off that first power for your third and shouldn’t be too difficult.

Others in my alliance were using Gorr/Grocket/Gamora which can work as well, though again you’re putting yourself under the gun since Gorr gets rid of all attacks on turn zero.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

For Round 8 heroic = this works for me,
    Grocket-Gorr-Goose

For Round 8 normal
    Okoye/Omega/Gorr

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 7 January 2024, 02:00
    Options

Knull's been my MVP this time around because of his permanent damage.

• First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited 6 January 2024, 18:49
    Options

Knull (Omnipotence city), Gorr (Quantum Realm) and Hit Monkey (Chimichanga) have been easy going in R8.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited 6 January 2024, 21:47
    Options

Going with knull, r4g and Ultron, Ultron mostly because I have lowbob ai which keeps the strikes damage on the board

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have been Gargantus-ing him, mine is champed though but basically get blue - win with help from R4G and Ultron same as @sambrookjm above. Splattering good fun it is!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I have been Gargantus-ing him, mine is champed though but basically get blue - win with help from R4G and Ultron same as @sambrookjm above. Splattering good fun it is!

Gargantos was good with R4G and Drax too.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

Loaner BRB and Jeffry with 3* Goose. Chase purple and black, while using BRB and Jeffery to generate protects. Don't worry about the corners. Just fire Pocket Belly and win.

• Spoobacca
    Spoobacca Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Personally, I used Knultron and Hit Monkey. Kept doing perma-damage until he was low enough that Monkey could 1 shot him.