Apply shards before or after ascending Polaris?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
edited December 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Sorry if it's a silly question but,

Would you suggest waiting to apply shards after I ascend Polaris ?

I've got my maxed Polaris, then my second champed at 270. I have 1745 shards for Polaris. I figured I'd ascend her then use all my shards to bump her levels up at the 5 tier. I wasn't 100% sure if that's the way to go or not, this will be the first 4* I'm ascending.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Doesn't matter.
    It's still 400 shards per cover for ascended 4s.
    1745 shards are 4 covers for your 270, making her 274.
    That translates to a level 451 Polaris.
    If you merge your 270, you'll start with a 450 Polaris - and the 1600 shards also get her to 451.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think you want to at the least get Polaris to 271 for the LT champ reward before ascending.

KGB

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2023
    Options

It does matter. You should apply the shards to the 4* dupe before ascending, otherwise you miss out on the 4* rewards (LL token, 4 CP and 2500 iso). Not a huge amount but still useful. You get a level 451 Polaris either way.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

Hmm, come to think of it, if one max out a 2* or above dupe before ascending, then you'll essentially double dip on champ rewards. Do i assume correct?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

@kuntilanak said:
    Hmm, come to think of it, if one max out a 2* or above dupe before ascending, then you'll essentially double dip on champ rewards. Do i assume correct?

Yes, you are correct. The fact that you get the rewards retroactively after ascending makes it much more worth it to apply the covers before ascending. Unless of course you just want your new toy asap

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apply those before, there is no reason to wait until after.