End-of-Year News

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey, folks!

2023 is ending and we'd like to have a chat with you.

First and most importantly, our team will be out of office from Dec 22 to January. It means answers here in the Forum as well as bug fixes and other updates will only come in 2024.

If you have an issue, Customer Support will be available, but do expect their answers to take a bit longer than usual.

Also, we’ll postpone Karn, the Great Creator’s release until the beginning of January so it will be on par with the quality standards we aim to have. We’ll be working hard to have it ready for you as soon as possible.

Now, let's align some things that have already started but were not officially communicated:

• For the time being, all future PWs will be released costing 29,99USD. Our reasoning is that we want to consistently offer good Planeswalkers and for the number of colors not to be a factor in how much fun they can provide. So we choose an intermediary price for all of them.

• Now and for the near future, Coalition events will only take place on weekends (no Fridays or Mondays). Also, with the exception of special dates, we'll alternate Legacy and Standard events, having each of them every other week. As our pool of events expands, we'll review this rotation and let you know when changes are made.

• We’ve defined standard times for events to start. We’ve noticed most of them followed a pattern but not all, so we changed some of them. You’ll notice in our Sneak Peeks all PvE, all PvP and all Coalition Events (excluding ToP, RP and Special Events) have similar times within its category.

• Our goal is publishing answers to Q&A as early in the month as possible. For now, we aim to do it before the 15th of each month. You don't have to wait to send your questions, though: the form is always open and you can send questions at any time!

• We’re working on some new ways to gather your feedback on changes and schedules. It includes projects we are working on, improvements we have in mind but may take a while etc. We’d like to keep you all closer and hear your voices and opinions - and also let you know about ours. This post counts, too: let us know how you feel, what you expect from the next months and what you’d like to be maintained or focused on!

Finally,

our next update, featuring new events and vanguards, is targeted to be released mid-January. Some real news is that it'll also feature two new Planeswalkers and one of them has an... unusual combination of colors. ;) (that's as much as my bosses allowed me to spoil but I'm dying to tell you all about this release!)

On behalf of the whole Webcore team, we wish you some great holidays!

See you in 2024. o/

Lu

Comments

• IPA
    IPA Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

I love the communication. Thank you.

• AcidRhapsody
    AcidRhapsody Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

So when are you going to make it easier to get the legacy staple cards for us newer players to be able to hold our own every other week...I don't really feel like bringing a knife to a proverbial gun fight...

• Raistlin0309
    Raistlin0309 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

As always, excellent communication. It is highly appreciated. Have a great holiday season!!

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options

may you all have a wonderful holiday. I look forward to seeing all you have in store for us.

• MforVendetta
    MforVendetta Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks for the updates! See you all in 2024

• Fireguy
    Fireguy Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

Looking forward to 2024!

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

Happy holidays to the WC team and all fellow players!

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options

You guys rock. Can't wait to buy a new walkie!

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tezzeret said:
    You guys rock. Can't wait to buy a new walkie!

Nor can I, especially one in a combo we've not seen before. That and the new vanguards! love me some Vanguards

• camo
    camo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks for the communication, have a great holiday and see ya in 2024~ :)

PS: Hope when u say "No Fridays and Mondays" in Coalition Events, you didn't refer to your own Fridays and Mondays only, but also Fridays and Mondays for players in other hemisphere too B)

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options

"unusual combination of colors"

Hopefully that means no blue

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

Awesome! thanks @Magic:PQ Support Team (Lu!)

Hope you all have a great Holiday and Happy New Year!!!

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 449 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You wrote:
    Now and for the near future, Coalition events will only take place on weekends (no Fridays or Mondays). Also, with the exception of special dates, we'll alternate Legacy and Standard events, having each of them every other week. As our pool of events expands, we'll review this rotation and let you know when changes are made.

We’ve defined standard times for events to start. We’ve noticed most of them followed a pattern but not all, so we changed some of them. You’ll notice in our Sneak Peeks all PvE, all PvP and all Coalition Events (excluding ToP, RP and Special Events) have similar times within its category.

Good idea to make everyday a saturday or sunday in schedule.

I know it's only made extending the line in excel, but the result is fun...

Very good news!
    Happy holidays
    Merry Christmas and a
    Happy new year

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Fantastic communication, thank you! I’m excited to see the new Vanguards especially,
    Happy New Year and see you in 2024 - the future!!!!

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Sorin81 said:
    "unusual combination of colors"

Hopefully that means no blue

Black-Green-White or Jund I hope!