Post-ascend nerf ?

İnekobasi
İnekobasi Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

Are we sure polaris or any other ascended meta wont get nerf ? I want to ascend her but also i'm afraid of if she or other ascended hereos get any post-ascend nerf ? Can soneone remove my anxiety please...

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

No, you'll never know that.
    Nerfs can happen at any time.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023

I wouldn't worry about any character getting nerfed unless they are so strong on defense that players consistently will skip them in favor of any other team(see bishop and chasm). Characters that are frequently used but are easy to beat in the ai's hands have historically been safe (mthor, shang, 4 star polaris). Even with 5 star health I don't think Polaris will be too threatening when facing her to justify a nerf.

• İnekobasi
    İnekobasi Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

Actually i just worry about what if they just nerf 5 star version just like pre-ascend nerfs. that will be waste of a 370 level hero. Because 4* polaris so good on her own i dont want to loose my 370 polaris. ofcourse i know nerfs can happen but this time little diffirent i think.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

It would be quite extraordinarily odd if they were to nerf 4Polaris5 to the point she was worse than 4Polaris4.

And there aren't very many places a 4* is required so personally I wouldn't be too concerned about a future nerf.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 627 Critical Contributor

Just like with every character in the game, ascended characters are subject to nerfs and buffs. While we don't have any plans on rebalancing ascended characters since they should be balanced out the gate, it theoretically can happen in the future if it's determined they need adjustments.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

Well, even if they nerf Polaris, they should just be taking her from "game-breakingly over-powered" to "very good." And like @DrClever pointed out, she's still going to be better than an un-Ascended Polaris.

So there's no reason to not Ascend her.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

Any character can get nerfed at any time.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker

Not true! > @entrailbucket said:

Do you honestly believe characters like Puck and Devil Dinosaur will be remotely considered for a nerf?

• BriMan2222
    edited December 2023

@Codex said:

Do you honestly believe characters like Puck and Devil Dinosaur will be remotely considered for a nerf?

They might nerf them by accident. There are a few characters that have been given buffs that many players have felt were more of a nerf.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Puck is probably safe
    Devil Dino really depends on how he scales.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023

The buff was a nerf 4* Kingpin comes to mind - at no point did we ever get an explanation that made any sense as to why they chose him.

I would say a character like Polaris is pretty well known now in terms of her interactions and so unless she absolutely dominates the 5* tier she is probably mostly OK. Her health is still on the low-ish side so that helps keep her in check although I admit I have only fought two since Monday myself but both were no match for boosted 5's. Dunno what SHIELD Sim will look like but then I also mostly don't care. What her boost week looks like might not be so fun...

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Codex said:

I mean...that wasn't the question? They can change anybody any time they want, for any reason. I can't think of any reason they'd nerf either of those guys right now, but they certainly could if they chose to do so.

• BriMan2222

@DAZ0273 said:
    The buff was a nerf 4* Kingpin comes to mind - at no point did we ever get an explanation that made any sense as to why they chose him.

I would say a character like Polaris is pretty well known now in terms of her interactions and so unless she absolutely dominates the 5* tier she is probably mostly OK. Her health is still on the low-ish side so that helps keep her in check although I admit I have only fought two since Monday myself but both were no match for boosted 5's. Dunno what SHIELD Sim will look like but then I also mostly don't care. What her boost week looks like might not be so fun...

4 star Kingpin was exactly one of the ones I was thinking of. I remember they "buffed" him and 4 star carnage and both of them were more like nerfs. In carnage's case (turning his passive into a cheap active for some reason) it was so hated that I remember they put him back the way his was almost immediately.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 85 Match Maker

@DAZ0273 said:

From what i observed, those unexplained buff on characters seemingly benefits the AI in PVE rather than players. 4Kingpin ALWAYS comes with goons, so the buff in black damage is really annoying while the limitation is a no-issue. Same case for 5Kingpin and 4*Wolvie. So everytime the dev announces any buff rebalance, i check if the character is prominent in PVE or not. They usually do.