A Wonderland of Vaults and a Scrooge of Tokens

HaiKulture
HaiKulture Posts: 10 Just Dropped In

So for the holiday season we are buried in vaults

The New Ascension Vault
The Year in Review
Double Winter Wonderland
This new "Wildcard" Thing

But is there any character choices that actually give out a token? (Aside from the new Ascension).

I got a triple token pack on opening about a week back that didn't give me tokens and then one a few days ago that did - but the Year in Review seems mighty character choice worthy...but nada so far

Comments

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

To answer your question: I don't think so, based on the "Today's News" button, although that's not always accurate...

Until they actually do it, I'll keep pleading that the devs should add another section under Quests (between Daily & Milestone) that lists what you can & have accomplish(ed):

• Use 3★ Deadpool, get Whale Points
    • Use 5★ Deadpool, get Taco Token
    • Use Batch 3 Character, get Champion Vault Token

Then there would be no confusion about what's active, whether you've done it yet, when it resets or ends, etc.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards

The Year in Review: spend money, get more stuff.

It’s very thematic. You need to buy things to get tokens beyond the two free ones they’ve given out so far.

It’s possible they will give some out in the 12 Days of Marvel event, right?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    The Year in Review: spend money, get more stuff.

It’s very thematic. You need to buy things to get tokens beyond the two free ones they’ve given out so far.

It’s possible they will give some out in the 12 Days of Marvel event, right?

That's Spider-Ham's time to shine.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

they gave out 2 tokens to year in review? I only seem to have gotten one of them.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    they gave out 2 tokens to year in review? I only seem to have gotten one of them.

You should contact CS, this is a common issue for players. (Not getting the tokens.)

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

Checked my notes and screen shots from last year.

We got 8 daily play tokens to the Holiday Vault. Tokens given out from 12-18 thru 12-25. Got them using GotG characters.

12 days of marvel prog rewards is iso-8, 1 heroic, 4* Melinda May and 4* She-Hulk.
    Day 1 node reward-40 spider ham shards
    Day 2-100 iso
    Day 3-100 iso
    Day 4-100 iso
    Day 5-60 Spider ham shards
    Day 6-100 iso
    Day 7-120 iso
    Day 8-80 4* spider ham shards
    Day 9-150 iso
    Day 10-100 4* spider ham shards
    Day 11-200 iso
    Day 12-120 4* spider ham shards

Holiday Quests...think these coincided with the 12 days of marvel, meaning day 1 of 12 days is Avengers, the first quest was play 3 battles with Avengers on your team and so on. The quest prizes were:
    Quest 1-35 4* Cap Worthy shards
    Q2-35 4* Prof X shards
    Q3-35 4* Gamora shards
    Q4-35 4* Agent Coulson shards
    Q5-35 4* Medusa shards
    Q6-35 4* Luke Cage shards
    Q7-35 5* Green Goblin shards
    Q8-35 4* Vulture shards
    Q9-35 4* Nova shards
    Q10-35 4* Miles Morales shards
    Q11-35 4* Juggernaut shards
    Q12-35 4* America Chavez shards

The Holiday Legendary Store ran for 20 days according to my notes(12-10 thru 12-30). 5s were Abigail, Crystal, Elektra, and Gargantos. 4s with increased odds were Shuri, Am Chavez, Black Panther, Cap Marvel, Cyclops, Deadpool, Jean Grey, Medusa, Peggy, Polaris, Riri, and Wolverine.

Finally, we received 4* Abomination cover, 200 HP, 10K Iso-8, 1 Holiday Vault token, and 2 Mighty Tokens. Got this cuz bcs lost track of the calander over winter break according to the pop ups I have screen shots of.

Pretty sure that's everything, but there's always a chance I forgot something. Hope this helps.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm amazed people keep detailed notes about that.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

I note most things to track my roster progress. Regarding the Winter Season things it's the same as with the Anniversary stuff, someone will inevitably ask about the previous year and it's nice to see if anything changes.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler

In today's in-game economy, that 12 days of Xmas seems even more scrooge-y. I know, it's free stuff so I can't complain. But c'mon now, this is almost as bad as charging $100 for a small amount of iso

• meadowsweet

As of today, you can use any one of these 6 characters once per day and receive tokens for two different vaults:

Champions 2.0 Vault (through 12/18)
    Midnight Suns Vault (through 12/28)

3★ Captain Marvel (Modern)
    3★ Magik (Darkchylde)
    3★ Wolverine (Patch)

4★ Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    4★ Magik (Classic)
    4★ Wolverine (X-Force)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

I got an actual in game message saying there were about 25+ characters I could use to get a token to the Midnight Suns vault.

The Champions 2.0 vault I believe gives out a token if you use any of the characters in the latest batch of ascended characters. I've been getting one for using 4 star Grocket.

KGB

• meadowsweet
    edited December 2023

@KGB said:
    I got an actual in game message saying there were about 25+ characters I could use to get a token to the Midnight Suns vault.

The Champions 2.0 vault I believe gives out a token if you use any of the characters in the latest batch of ascended characters. I've been getting one for using 4 star Grocket.

KGB

Yes, there were in-game messages for both. You can review them by going to "Today's News"

I was just cross-referencing the list so that folks could kill two birds with one stone