"The level 300 Ascension Rule"

Options
marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

for ascension, i've made myself the "lvl 300 rule", when one of my dupes reach lvl 300, then i ascend them, giving me at least the 2, 5 star covers i would've missed out on, and having the ascended character at lvl 456. Still a good amount of covers needed, but gets them to a adequate ascended level and a piece of mind lol.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m ascending mine when the dupe hits 14 covers and I have the iso; basically get that easy first LT and move up.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

for me - I'm taking the stance of "if they are going to be pests, or are fun and compliment others" Ascend immediately.

If they are Dull, or terrible (looking at you flaptain), i'll wait for an eventual rework.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I just did everyone immediately. YOLO.

You don't count! You had multiple 370 dupes of some 4*s. . .

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

You don't count! You had multiple 370 dupes of some 4*s. . .

In my defense, that's only one of the many reasons I don't count!

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’m ascending mine when the dupe hits 14 covers and I have the iso; basically get that easy first LT and move up.

Likewise. With dilution, who knows how long it will take to get even one cover of a particular 4*. Yes I know there's bonus sharts, but even then, the vast majority of ascended 4s are notably superior to natural 5s; a lot of the latter are going to be rendered obsolete, as @entrailbucket mentioned in another thread, so there's little point in waiting on a 14-cover dupe unless they don't feed anyone ~coughcoughNico~ I ascended X-23 both because I had her dupe at lv271 and she's an essential character in Lost in Time. She easily blows Samurai Daken (whom she feeds, ironically) out of the water. Likewise I believe ascended Xverine is going to replace Colossus as my third wheel to ShangJane.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Is there a possibility you'll run out of characters to do DDQ with?

I've actually relevelled a set of 2*s just for that because it's not a very interesting tier and I'd ascended the team I liked.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Everyone can do what they want but my inclination is to do it with a multiple of 4 levels above 270 because you get 4* champ rewards and a full instead of partial level.

If you’re at 300 and wait two levels to 302 you’ll get some iso and 4 CP as well as the 250 hp at ascension.

But I do get it, 300 gave you the LT or 5* cover and the iso and cp aren’t as good as that was.

IMO people should do what they want, stressing over it too much isn’t worth it. Base it on usefulness above all.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DrClever said:

@entrailbucket said:

Is there a possibility you'll run out of characters to do DDQ with?

I've actually relevelled a set of 2*s just for that because it's not a very interesting tier and I'd ascended the team I liked.

Getting there! I actually didn't think about that problem at all. Before the next batch I'm going to have to recruit a set of DDQ teams, I think.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Likewise. With dilution, who knows how long it will take to get even one cover of a particular 4*. Yes I know there's bonus sharts, but even then, the vast majority of ascended 4s are notably superior to natural 5s; a lot of the latter are going to be rendered obsolete, as @entrailbucket mentioned in another thread, so there's little point in waiting on a 14-cover dupe unless they don't feed anyone ~coughcoughNico~ I ascended X-23 both because I had her dupe at lv271 and she's an essential character in Lost in Time. She easily blows Samurai Daken (whom she feeds, ironically) out of the water. Likewise I believe ascended Xverine is going to replace Colossus as my third wheel to ShangJane.

Yeah, there's a lot going on here. We don't have a total replacement for Colossus because he does offensive and defensive match damage, but a lot of times when we use him, it's because we only care about one aspect or the other. We now have characters that can basically outdo him on offense or on defense, so he's a lot less useful than before.

And, the thing about that is... Colossus is GOOD! It's not a situation like 5* Daken being outclassed by X-23, because Daken is kind of bad in general. Colossus is one of the best 5*! I think we're going to find more guys like this, too.

5* will still be useful, and the good 5* will still be good, but some of them won't be quite as good as they were before.

• primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

same here. Also when the release first comes (like yesterday) if there are any that the next level or two would get me a 5* star cover or a LT, I'll level them up to that first before ascending. With the amount of LT and CP I get when an ascended group drops, it doesn't take much to earn a little extra for them.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm on a very inconsistent "gut feel, next reward maybe?" path of ascension.

Initially: Ascend everyone regardless due to those sweet duplicate rewards

Now: If I am 1-2 covers from a relevant reward, I might wait. But then if the character is boosted, then I will do it to get the use out of them.
    X-23 had just hit 290 and she's boosted so perfect for ascension.
    Cloak & Dagger are at 288 and not boosted, so I'll wait for those last 2 covers.

Captain Marvel is at 348, my highest level dupe. She's not boosted, and she's close to a few more shards, but I have fond memories of my Medusa / Captain Marvel / Wasp team. Not ascended yet, but will see how long I can hold out once her boost week comes.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

With 4*s I’m trying to wait until they are boosted to ascend. I only ascended Cloak and Dagger on ascension day 3 because they were boosted. I then ascended X-23 for the PvE.

I plan on opening about 100 legendaries tomorrow after the rotation. I might ascend someone else after that.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm just not ascending my 4's unless it puts me at a disadvantage. For example, with Bill boosted, I was getting picked on in PvP because I hadn't ascended my Polaris. Once I did, I obviously still got hit, but the attacks calmed down A LOT.