Lu, where are you?

Options
Machine
Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor

Hey there @Magic:PQ Support Team

I would like to share my thoughts about the current state of affairs here on the forum. After the takeover by Webcore, a lot of promises were made, including connecting more with the MTGPQ community. This promise is, imho, not really being lived up to lately.

• We were convinced to report bugs again, which some of us did, but when I reported issues with the Routes of Ravnica event AGAIN, I started wondering if it makes any sense in keeping reporting broken stuff, as I haven't seen any activity from your side there. I even quit playing RoR, because it's just a waste of time and apparently you are also not investing your time in fixing it.

• People frequently ask questions here directed at the community manager, but close to no one gets an answer. I see a lot of questions in the sneak peak thread.

• More transparency in what is happening in the background would certainly increase player engagement, keep them exited and probably also keep them spending on the game. Even if it's just small, regular updates, say once a week. The forum is nearly a ghost town (again).

I could keep giving more examples, but you catch my drift.

TL;DR If you want us to stay engaged to this game and if you request for our input, then you should make sure you are visible here and express that you are actually using our input and working on stuff, answering questions, fix bugs etc.

The MTGPQ community has been through several takeovers now and all share the same pattern: a lot of promises from the start that slowly result in a whole lot of silence.

Comments

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2023
    Options

I can not agree more with you @Machine. And it went down much quicker than I thought it would.

I would like to add all the changes in coalition event scheduling. Apparently they're typos, but after several weeks of typos I'd expect them to pay more attention. And when it does get changed, it's not told to us.

If it doesn't seem like you care, why would we?

• Machine
    Options

Thank you, Lu. Very much appreciated!

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Update:

We've talked and we're aiming at exposing more of our long-term plans next year. Also, we'll be having more chats here in the forum about current affairs and short-term plans (like coalition events scheduling, for example ;D).

• Machine
    Options

That's a great thing to look forward to! Thanks a lot!

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sounds awesome, thank you Lu (and team)!