And another impossible puzzle gauntlet…

Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker

Why do I even still bother at all, every month the same nearly impossible, high luck trash nodes
At least now we have support shards, so I don’t have to waste my evening with this nonsense anymore while trying to get better supports
Now I can do something more useful with my time, like hitting myself in the head with a hammer or anything else…

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

We get a week to finish it.

The Wasp Gauntlets are awful, anyway.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

Which node are you having troubles with?

KGB

• shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 73 Match Maker

I feel like these are all repeat nodes, can someone with good forum-fu find the prior threads giving pointers for this one? Given the required characters, some of the visible ones do seem difficult. I died on the web tile one, so I must be missing something or not picking the correct characters or chasing the correct colors. Thanks in advance!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

The web tiles one is easy if you bring 4* Miles and Chasm. And remember not to target Iron Spider, because he'll remove web tiles to protect himself from damage.

The two big nodes, I took 4* Black Panther.

Shuri + Panther for the fortified node.

For the enemy strike tiles node, I brought Sabertooth and Prowler.

Polaris takes care of the friendly specials spam. Just pair her with someone who creates whichever tile you need to multiply.

Hope this helps.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

Additionally a big part of some of these is to not fire a power as soon as you can, but wait until you can fire 2 or 3 times in a row if necessary.

For the web tiles, I found IndiaSpider was a good 3rd now that he’s here.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023

@Chrynos1989 said:
    Why do I even still bother at all, every month the same nearly impossible, high luck trash nodes
    At least now we have support shards, so I don’t have to waste my evening with this nonsense anymore while trying to get better supports
    Now I can do something more useful with my time, like hitting myself in the head with a hammer or anything else…

I actually found this puzzle gauntlet to be one of the easier ones. Most of them were just bring Polaris plus whatever tile type maker you need.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

In the grand scheme of things this was one of the easier gauntlets to complete. Both of the solo nodes i completed in one try and all on the top row I’ve already finished completely except for the charged tile which i only did once thus far. I’m also curious as to which one is causing problems for the OP.

• shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 73 Match Maker

@Borstock said:

Hope this helps.

Yes you guys really helped me out both with your specific pointers as well as the reminder to save up your AP to fire powers repeatedly. Was able to clear them all with your help! Cheers!

• primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker

I just do the final battle in each node and that's it. You don't get that much from doing more.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker

@KGB said:

KGB

It was the Thanos / Wolverine one where you need to make 20 strikes
    Made it by luck after like 30-40 tries
    But that’s not „puzzle“
    Worse are these nodes with „create () tiles in every corner or create a column with heavy board shakers for enemies“
    I mean they can do better, quandary nodes showed that clearly…

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker

@Chrynos1989 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

But that’s not „puzzle“
    Worse are these nodes with „create () tiles in every corner or create a column with heavy board shakers for enemies“

For Thanos and Wolverine, I found Star Lord to be a good choice. Use purple to steal Wolverine's strikes when he puts them down (collecting purple also stops Thanos from blocking new strike placements), green is good for clearing basic tiles and yellow is good for making sure you don't die and adding more green. A little tricky but far from impossible.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 85 Match Maker

I have long since abandoned puzzle gauntlet sans the final 2 1-time nodes just for the borderline better pull rewards since RISO are useless to me. That strike tile node is really annoying with tonnes of purple/pink tiles that blocks AI strike tile creation... took me several tries to get through...

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

Chrynos1989 said:

KGB said:

KGB

But that’s not „puzzle“

Just bring Yondu or Polaris Team-Ups from your alliance-mates.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@fractalvisions said:

@Chrynos1989 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

But that’s not „puzzle“

For Thanos and Wolverine, I found Star Lord to be a good choice. Use purple to steal Wolverine's strikes when he puts them down (collecting purple also stops Thanos from blocking new strike placements), green is good for clearing basic tiles and yellow is good for making sure you don't die and adding more green. A little tricky but far from impossible.

I kept wiping with Star-Lord. I ended up doing it with Black Panther by getting enough protect tiles down to keep Wolverine from killing me.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@MegaBee said:

@fractalvisions said:

@Chrynos1989 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

But that’s not „puzzle“

I kept wiping with Star-Lord. I ended up doing it with Black Panther by getting enough protect tiles down to keep Wolverine from killing me.

I used Black Panther too. Used to use Star Lord for it, but BP was so much better. As mentioned above, the shields stop the damage and wait for the repeaters to keep adding extra strikes. It took a little while but I never feared losing. Did use +2 all, +2 Y/R and +2 Blue/Purple to make sure though and Avengers Tower.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards

I also use black panther, and equipped him with the quinjet support for the chance to create a strike tile each time he matches yellow.

• KGB

Quinjet definitely is a nice bonus support.

I did it with Starlord on my 2nd try. Just let the AI match Red/Green and prevent them from getting Purple. I never even needed to fire Purple because they got off so many Red/Green and I got enough free strikes falling + Quinjet to get to 20.

If you are dying a lot, Carols Communicator will let you true heal when you match friendly strikes (which you will do a few times).

KGB

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

Aren’t these the easiest of the puzzle gauntlets? Having seen the title of the threat I thought it was going to be that absolute tiny kitty of a gauntlet where you have to fill the corners/rows/columns with certain tiles.

I appreciate that without the right roster then it is difficult, but isn’t that the whole point? It’s a puzzle so part of that is working out the team that turns it into a cakewalk. Which is pretty much Polaris plus a friend

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

Most of us don't have good enough memories or are current on how chars play. I was stumped on the charged tile quest until someone said 5* riri can make 5 charged tiles per red cast. Then it was simply wait for 20 red ap and fire riri red 4 times.

• KGB

@Phumade said:
    Most of us don't have good enough memories or are current on how chars play. I was stumped on the charged tile quest until someone said 5* riri can make 5 charged tiles per red cast. Then it was simply wait for 20 red ap and fire riri red 4 times.

Similarly, I couldn't remember anyone either till I used the search feature and filtered for powers. The Shuri, 4* Panther and IM40 and one cast of Yellow then fire their Blue/Red powers did it for me.

KGB