Favorited Support(s) Discussion

Options
WilliamK1983
WilliamK1983 Posts: 716 Critical Contributor

Just curious as to what everyone is going with and why? I decided to do the three infinity stones I have, starting with the reality stone. I use it daily since that surprise about a year and a half ago, make 10 forum comments in the last month, here's a level 3 reality stone. Wild! Ok, back to the why, there is no way for me to currently level up the stones. I'm not placing 1st in a season, never gonna happen, and I'm cool with that. I'll always try, but I'll fail. All the other supports, I have a shot at pulling an upgrade from tokens and puzzle gauntlet.

That's my starting strategy, not a lot of thinking behind it, always looking to tweak it along the way. Interested in hearing others reasons behind one support over another or just your starting strategy as well.

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

Royal Talon Fighter for me since I got Okoye to 550 during the anniversary.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ll probably work on my infinity stones as well; maybe the purple one first.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

RTF is a must, but I already had it at 250.

I went with Vintage Shield. I wanted the rank 4 for the free yellow AP to start a match.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@MegaBee said:

Simple and straightforward. Makes total sense.

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Had we been able to favorite supports we don't have on our roster I would've started with those stones followed by the ones I had. Thinking power stone than time stone for myself after I'm done with reality.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I started with the Power Stone as well, but have been debating on Tinkerer (I have L3) though as he gives black AP with Rank 5, so that might be handy as well.

And Black Widow's Batons (I have L4 could be good with the Purple at Rank 5

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Stones are kinda sorta useless, with the exception of a rank 5 soul stone.
    +5 AP at the start of the match is vastly superior to everything else.
    So let's hope these get nerfed for PVP use.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

I didn't get Okoye to 550 (she's at 510, and my next highest is Omega Red at 495), but I did max out Royal Talon Fighter as my first pick.

I picked Lockheed as my second choice. It was already LVL 4, and I use Kitty an awful lot. It's at 930/1600 so far.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I have largely written off the supports as a feature, I lucked into a rank 5 rtf early in the puzzle gauntlet rollout and that’s the only one I care about outside of the ones that adjust a character’s strongest match color. Usually I try to find something that will make Juggernaut tank over the other guardians, but there seems to always be one color he can’t cover.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,574 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I use my 3* Royal Talon Fighter at least a dozen times a day, so that's priority 1, then 4* Korg and the 3* Stones I have.

• WilliamK1983
    edited December 2023
    Options

Regarding the RTF, is that solely for Okoye or do you all use the support with other characters as well?

• Bowgentle
    Options

It's welded to Okoye.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

I know she has the synergy perk with it. My Okoye is 3/4/3. My RTF is lvl 3. I guess what I'm asking is if my RTF should be a higher priority for myself?

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    I know she has the synergy perk with it. My Okoye is 3/4/3. My RTF is lvl 3. I guess what I'm asking is if my RTF should be a higher priority for myself?

Probably not, unless you're using Okoye all the time in PVE. What is your normal PVE team? I'd look for supports that compliment the characters you use most often.

I mainly use Okoye, Omega Red and Gorr so I've upgraded my RTF to level 5 and now I'm working on Proxima Midnight which I'm planning to equip to Gorr.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

Your priority should be to champ Okoye for PVE.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@JimboJambo said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Probably not, unless you're using Okoye all the time in PVE. What is your normal PVE team? I'd look for supports that compliment the characters you use most often.

I mainly use Okoye, Omega Red and Gorr so I've upgraded my RTF to level 5 and now I'm working on Proxima Midnight which I'm planning to equip to Gorr.

My go to usually consists of a combination of Shang and Jane. Sometimes one, sometimes both. Been trying to use more of the boosted 5s in pve the last few months since I've been fortunate to champ over two dozen this year. @Bowgentle, Unfortunately, Okoye wasn't one of them. But I have a covers worth of shards in hand and her 4* feeders are about to give more shards for her. Catching up on the classics is a grind.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Not if he's going the Shang Chi route.

In which case Chimichanga or Sharon Carter would also become higher priority than RTF.

• Bowgentle
    Options

But Shangvez is so slooooowww.
    Well, each to their own.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

my current fast team on hard nodes is Okoye/Omega Red/iHulk. It feels faster than a shang team to me even though my Okoye is only 472 (i do have that 5* rtf though)

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@DrClever said:
    @Bowgentle said:

Not if he's going the Shang Chi route.

In which case Chimichanga or Sharon Carter would also become higher priority than RTF.

Have both of those at 5*. Shang is equipped with Sharon.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    my current fast team on hard nodes is Okoye/Omega Red/iHulk. It feels faster than a shang team to me even though my Okoye is only 472 (i do have that 5* rtf though)

Maybe replace iHulk with Gorr and avoid missing green aoe when fighting green non-tile movers taking up precious green real estate. It still hits as hard with Omega Red punishing aoe from the bottom and Gorrs 1-turn repeaters hammering from up top.

Currently my fastest team.

In terms of the Supports discussion, Royal Talon Fighter should be priority for Rank 5 pursuit.
    Then any +AP start of battle and true healing supports.
    Then just wildcard stones to your optimal level as that’s the only way to rank them up.

Other important attributes you could focus on that make a huge impact:
    -Base match damage increase (where it makes a difference in tanking or not)
    -Critical tile damage increase
    -Fortify special tile (specifically at start of turn being more valuable)
    -AP steal (Stepford cuckoos)
    -Enemy Special tile removal (Chewie, Wong)
    -Creates cd tiles (Ex, mind stone or BW batons can add a ton on extra cd’s for cd tile teams like Hawkeye, 4Coulson5, Gargantos)
    -Web tile creators (very niche right now, but great for Chasm healing)
    -AP generation on match
    -Deal XXX Damage (boosted by multipliers like Okoye. Interestingly, Corvus Glaive’s first ability has XX.XX% chance to fortify AND deal xxxx damage at start of turn…but these two variables are actually INDEPENDENT of each other…meaning, though you make not have a special on the board to fortify, one will still have the XX.XX% chance to deal boosted damage each turn 🤯)

As always, YMMV. Cheers