Idea: Random Arena

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm feeling a bit of two star stagnation. In my last tournament, I think I had ten opponents in a row that were either OBW, Thor, featured character or OBW, Ares, featured character. If I came across anything else, it was the occasional white suit Storm & Magneto. They are effective, and I run the same because it works, but it gets a bit boring.

So, for a bit of variation, and to give my unused forgotten characters new use, I would love to see a random tournament. You don't choose a team, you just hit fight, and three from your roster are drawn against another random three.

To prevent people who have sold all but their thee stars from dominating, I'd say opponents should be equally starred and maybe within a number of levels, either character to character or maybe have just the sum of all three be close. So if you draw your Venom you never bothered to level, the opponent should also have a one star on their team.

Thoughts, criticisms, suggestions welcome.

Comments

• I think it's a fine idea. It could select a random 50/85/141/230 character from your roster, then pair it with a similarly leveled character from your opponents (3 times). Or you could select a tier of stars and get a random team of maxed characters from that tier when you played. Either way, it would be exciting and there would be some wild matches.

The only problem is that this seems even more difficult to monetize than a themed tournament (a la No Man's Land), which the developers have already basically given up on as not being profitable enough. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to play it, just means that I'm not hopeful.