New Character Info Template

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
edited November 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

As you've seen with the most recent character stats pages, we've been working on creating a new format that is both easier to digest for new players and can eventually be updated for future ascensions. Eventually all new character info will be linked to a new MPQ website that I'm currently working on which is why it's currently being presented as screenshots. The intent is definitely not to do screenshots in the long run.

That's not to say I'm giving up on the grid system. I think it has some great utility so if you've got any suggestions for how to improve it, please feel free to share in this thread.

The blow excel will give you an idea of how we approached this rework. The color coding was meant to make things easier to understand and cross reference to the color coding in the chart, but I think that could be helped if we labeled the stats in the base description with an "A", "B", or "C". Another issue with its formatting is that it's not very mobile friendly so it'll likely need to be reformatted for a portrait reading flow.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1174834101363146842/1174834101497376898/MPQ_CommunityCharacterSheet_v1_public.xlsx?ex=65690885&is=65569385&hm=7661c6fb6f2ce8e6af52eb3bd4fbbdcc0526a8417c906c13c23e58a856918816&

Comments

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

Not a fan of the grid, too many lines, looks too busy. I like the color coding aspect of it, but it's a LOT of stuff to cram in with powers that change every level. Maybe a way to look at it in a simple format, and then use mouseover or a dropdown menu or expandable/collapsible section that expands on it?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,560 Chairperson of the Boards

Your grids look super busy. Too many alternating colors makes readability terrible.
    There are just too many different background colors in your cells. This can cause eyestrain over time. Just mouse scroll up and down quickly through the template and it can be difficult to focus.

Simplify it.

Having the dark version of the color for the main bar, and using a lighter version of the color in the lower cells and don't alternate color with the grey. It will improve readability.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 568 Critical Contributor

Thanks folks. We're going to just keep using the text version for now. With Yume's departure, I'm not going to have much bandwidth to tackle this so it'll save me time to keep as is.