Options
2»

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lady Stilt Man

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Marvel may be preventing the Stilt-fam; I recall an interview with Patton Oswald and Jordan Bloom about the modok show where they said that was the only character Marvel wouldn’t let them include for some reason

There definitely seem to be some characters that Marvel are blocking. I believe James Gunn said Marvel wouldn’t let him use Bug in the Guardians films.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Other...what more Z list that this lot?!?!? Tell us now!!!

Unterrifying.

(Asbestos Lady btw)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Marvel may be preventing the Stilt-fam; I recall an interview with Patton Oswald and Jordan Bloom about the modok show where they said that was the only character Marvel wouldn’t let them include for some reason

There definitely seem to be some characters that Marvel are blocking. I believe James Gunn said Marvel wouldn’t let him use Bug in the Guardians films.

Bug is based upon the Micronauts toy figure Galactic Warrior. Even though Marvel's design was different enough that they could claim copyright I suspect that putting Bug in a multi million dollar movie franchise is much riskier than having him in a comic book should anybody resurface and want a piece of the pie. So that probably just saves a headache legally.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Turner D Century

@Marc_Spector said:
    I know I'm far from the only lady stilt fan (or would that be "lady stilt stan"?) on these boards, so it delights me greatly to her pop up in the poll above. <3 I'm actually a bit shocked that she hasn't appeared in MPQ already in the past year+, moreso after the appearance of the new Electro. A double-release of 3* Stilt Man (Classic) and 5* Lady Stilt Man (Callie Ryan) seems like an absolute no-brainer to create sometime. (Keeping my fingers crossed, devs! o:) )

I was looking at this and wondering who the weird Naga guy was but then I remembered. There isn't a single member of the Serpent Society in this game! Not a one! What an outstanding omission!