Ascended Supports?

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

My eagle-eye noticed the two stars in the Support token have a red coloring like an ascended 1-star character.

With Supports supposedly getting a major change including being added to PvP, could we have duplicate Supports that we can be leveled and ascended? It would be cool to have the same Support on two characters. Thoughts?

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh god, more maths coming :(

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

The LT in another vault has ascended green funky stars too, don't over-analyze.
    Yet.

• The_dogma
    The_dogma Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

I was expecting something more like a shard system for Supports but that’s an interesting catch. I definitely think that would be better than ascending supports but it looks like we’ll know what the story is pretty soon

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    The LT in another vault has ascended green funky stars too, don't over-analyze.
    Yet.

What vault? I don't have any green-star LT

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hm.
    There was one yesterday, it's gone now.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Hm.
    There was one yesterday, it's gone now.

Ascended LTs! See! Seeeee!

We'll see 😂

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Could be nothing - if you tap on the ones with red stars, the details are exactly the same as the gold star versions in other vaults: still called "Beginner Supports Pack", still the same supports listed, still 1:50 odds of 4★, 1:10 odds of 3★, 1:3 odds of 2★... doesn't appear to be anything new or different about these?

• Punisher5784
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    Could be nothing - if you tap on the ones with red stars, the details are exactly the same as the gold star versions in other vaults: still called "Beginner Supports Pack", still the same supports listed, still 1:50 odds of 4★, 1:10 odds of 3★, 1:3 odds of 2★... doesn't appear to be anything new or different about these?

The color is gone now. Yes, it's the same token as we have now, but ascending Supports could be the route they go, they just haven't released it yet.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

They did say recently that we would be able to level up the supports to the next star, then they suddenly announced this was going to be the case for characters first.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@meadowsweet said:

The color is gone now. Yes, it's the same token as we have now, but ascending Supports could be the route they go, they just haven't released it yet.

But the color of the stars on the token doesn't really matter if the default odds listed are still to give you a 1★ support.

If they wanted to make sure you don't pull a 1★ Support, it would be easier to just give you an Advanced (2-5★) or Master (3-5★) Support Token instead of a Beginner Token (1-4★).

There's nothing to really indicate that support ascensions are imminent, just because the star colors change - although anything is possible?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

You're not wrong, but it's a brand new colour which we've only just now seen, associated with ascended characters - so stands to reason that it'd be linked? but it could just as likely be a graphical bug these days.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Oh god, more maths coming :(

This. I ascended 1* Spidey already, I'm done with the maths homework.

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The_dogma said:
    I was expecting something more like a shard system for Supports but that’s an interesting catch. I definitely think that would be better than ascending supports but it looks like we’ll know what the story is pretty soon

That seems like such an obvious fix, each duplicate support also counting as x amount of shards that can eventually be used to level up a support in addition to the small amount of iso.